The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 October 2019, 01:05 AM   #1
mynameistaken
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116509 Steel Dial
Casio 5000 a year after GMWB5000D-1

It’s been over a year since the popular release, never in-stock and flood in the overpriced secondary market.

Somehow randomly I did some browsing on Casio and then started wanting to buy one I spend a week searching on this forum and eBay holding off from retail because I’m sure it would NOT be my daily watch, it would end-up sitting in my drawer for the next few years so saving a couple dollars was the goal.

I wanted the black IP coat model GMWB5000D-1, finally two days ago I found an awesome deal at 30% off retail. I bought immediately (scroll to bottom for 30% detail). So here’s what I think.

The case is very well made, the IP or PVD black coat is better than I expected, while using the watch tool to remove the links I thought i would have scratched the bracelet but it didn’t. The coating made me feel like it’s a watch and not a toy. The app also made it easy for watch settings. Not that i would ever use any of the features but it’s nice to know you could. The buttons on this model are supposedly bigger yet i still have a hard time pressing it, it’s more like a finger tip thing. The only thing that I felt could have been better was the bracelet, I like the style but the links are loose, not secure and not tight enough. Its like the feel of a 10- year old Rolex DD bracelet.

That’s about all i can say, I’m never a Casio guy. Last time I bought a Casio was 5 years ago and it was the most expensive Casio back then, the $1500 yellow Casio frogman wore it once to a camping and now it my drawer. So if your a Casio guy you probably know the features more then I do. As me I like nice watches and this isn’t on that list but its was never made to be on that list, it’s like on the top of Casio’s own list and that’s not bad. Overall I like it on the wrist it feels comfortable. It’s got a weight to it and without looking at the face I get the impression of mechanical watch.

If your wanting to buy one, go to Bloomingdales dot com they have the family sale that ends on 10/27, over $500 is 30% off. They got all colors.

Cheers guys!
mynameistaken is offline   Reply With Quote