The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 May 2020, 08:41 AM   #1
jbreeden
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Reverso classique 250.2.86

Im really excited about my new to me reverso and thought I would feed that enthusiasm with a small write up of first reactions and impressions and some general info I learned along the way. One reason is just being so excited and not being able to go out and talk with people because of the rona, second is there is not a ton of information I could find on these classique models. So here it goes.

The classique model is a 23.1mm wide x 38mm long case, and around 7mm thick, identical to the original reverso sizing. They are close to the sizing of the current classic medium with no sub second, the classic medium is about 1.5mm bigger each way. Here are some photos of the two on my wrist for comparison. Stainless is current medium, gold is my classique.

When first handling the watch after it was ordered the 1.5 mm felt like a big deal, I had tried on the stainless and liked the size but the classique felt small when first taking it out of the box. But once it was on my 6.5-6.75” wrist it just felt right. I knew I wanted a gold dress watch and this was it. I would point out at this point if you want more versatile reverso I would go bigger, I don’t know that I would wear this size in jeans and a t shirt. Here are some more photos near other watches, rolexes are 36mm, snoopy is 40mm, seiko is 43ish.

Overall I am really liking this watch so far. It doesn’t go with everything but when it’s right, it is really right. Mechanically, the crown is tiny and soffit to operate. It is shocking how few turns it takes to fully wind the watch, 10 at most, and it kept 40hrs off those ten turns. With the crown so small I may be turn more rotation than I think but it is worth writing about because it caused me worry when I hit the stop so soon. Hope this may help someone in the future who is considering a reverso classique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 11:02 AM   #2
Jster
2024 Pledge Member

Nice write up. I’ve always admired the Reversos. Enjoy!
Jster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2020, 12:25 AM   #3
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

That is beautiful and looks great on your wrist. I've got the medium small seconds penciled in as a future part of my collection. It doesn't get much cooler than a Reverso.
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2020, 01:29 PM   #4
Joemck
"TRF" Member

Watch: And listen
Nice write up. I love the art deco style and the understated elegance of those and your rolexes also. Well balanced with some fun pieces.
I have large wrists & Thus enjoy the larger reversos with date complications, 8 day power reserve and 2 faces. Grand timepieces.
Old 7 August 2020, 12:04 PM   #5
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Love the Reverso, love the OP 36, and dang it now I want an orange Monster too
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 12:25 AM   #6
WatchLuxe
"TRF" Member

I need me a Reverso one of these days! I love the Tribute small seconds in deep red!
WatchLuxe is offline   Reply With Quote