The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 17 August 2018, 05:56 AM   #1
stone902
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Chrono24 seller: SwissOnly legit?

As I am looking for my first purchase with him...As he is only few with Tudor Big Blocks at the moment.. Anyone have a trade experience with this seller? I would like to hear that.
stone902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 06:19 AM   #2
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Don’t buy from an unknown seller on Chrono24. Trusted Sellers here on TRF are your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 07:56 AM   #3
J_1964
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
+1
J_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 01:07 PM   #4
stone902
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Don’t buy from an unknown seller on Chrono24. Trusted Sellers here on TRF are your best bet.
I browsed its history, it has quite a number of good rating (over 13x) (not a promotion at all! ) But there is no big blocks selling at TRF at the moment...sigh...

Maybe I should be patient in getting vintage watches : )
Old 17 August 2018, 01:29 PM   #5
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Was thinking maybe you meant the current reincarnation of the Tudor Big Blocks. Didn’t realize you wanted the older vintage models.

Chase has a new Tudor Chrono Big Block so that’s why I mentioned TRF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 04:14 PM   #6
stone902
"TRF" Member

I am looking for 79160/79180. TRF means the sell/trade sub forum here?? Sorry I am really new to this place.
Old 17 August 2018, 05:21 PM   #7
Normunds
"TRF" Member

Here is my story with SwissOnly.

Month ago I was browsing Chrono24 for Explorer II and saw that they are selling several for a quite OK price. As they were some 4h drive away I contacted them. I had to sell my both watches to fund Rolex, but they were not interested in trade. No problem, they quoted price and I started search for a buyer. Fast forward 2 weeks, I sold my watches, had money and I am calling SwissOnly. Watch I was interested was still unsold and the real story begins.

Guy I was speaking to said that other owner is on vacation and they just got back from watch auctions in China with a new load of watches and that they might not honour previously agreed price. OK, I once again pointed out that watch in question has at least 2 flaws - chip on crystal visible on all photos (he said that there is no chip on crystal) and that rotor has worn axle, so I have to factor immediate service. He texted me back in the evening telling that price for me will be higher than agreed before and they are raising price on Chrono24 too.

I said thank you, because of their only value was that I could drive to them and inspect watch myself. So I found another Explorer II from German seller and will never buy anything from SwissOnly. They are not reliable seller.
Normunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 11:58 PM   #8
edweather
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio Illuminator
They sound like jerks. Good move to steer away.
Old 18 August 2018, 01:03 PM   #9
J_1964
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normunds View Post

Month ago I was browsing Chrono24 for Explorer II and saw that they are selling several for a quite OK price. As they were some 4h drive away I contacted them. I had to sell my both watches to fund Rolex, but they were not interested in trade. No problem, they quoted price and I started search for a buyer. Fast forward 2 weeks, I sold my watches, had money and I am calling SwissOnly. Watch I was interested was still unsold and the real story begins.

Guy I was speaking to said that other owner is on vacation and they just got back from watch auctions in China with a new load of watches and that they might not honour previously agreed price. OK, I once again pointed out that watch in question has at least 2 flaws - chip on crystal visible on all photos (he said that there is no chip on crystal) and that rotor has worn axle, so I have to factor immediate service. He texted me back in the evening telling that price for me will be higher than agreed before and they are raising price on Chrono24 too.

I said thank you, because of their only value was that I could drive to them and inspect watch myself. So I found another Explorer II from German seller and will never buy anything from SwissOnly. They are not reliable seller.
Bait & Switch (The Price), SCUM......
J_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2018, 04:43 AM   #10
stone902
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normunds View Post

Thank you! That's awful...