The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 December 2018, 05:47 AM   #1
Butchh
"TRF" Member

1601 inquiry

Hey gang! What in your opinion is the most collectible DJ 1601? I have an acquaintance wanting to sell me one he inherited. It is a TT on a Jubilee bracelet. He’s asking me $1,500. Service history is unknown, so if I have to spend even a grand, I’m in it for $2,500. It’s in great shape, and keeping COSC time. I was just wondering what you thought of this model, and the money I’d be spending? Thank you...
Butchh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 07:14 AM   #2
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

TT are not currently as desirable as SS, generally speaking, but tastes change with time.

If it's all original and in good/original condition, $1.5k is a very good price for a TT 1601 with bracelet. That said, value depends so strongly on condition that we can't say much without comprehensive photos. People post photos of watches all the time that they think are in great condition, but the watches often have unrecognized flaws, including service parts, greatly reducing the collectible value.

$1k is probably on the high end of an estimate for service/repair of a watch that's in great shape and keeping good time.
Old 16 December 2018, 08:04 AM   #3
zapokee
"TRF" Member

If it's in decent condition, that's a good price.
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 08:55 AM   #4
Butchh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
TT are not currently as desirable as SS, generally speaking, but tastes change with time.

If it's all original and in good/original condition, $1.5k is a very good price for a TT 1601 with bracelet. That said, value depends so strongly on condition that we can't say much without comprehensive photos. People post photos of watches all the time that they think are in great condition, but the watches often have unrecognized flaws, including service parts, greatly reducing the collectible value.

$1k is probably on the high end of an estimate for service/repair of a watch that's in great shape and keeping good time.
Thank you Dan...I understand completely. I’ll see if I can get the guy to send some pictures. Cheers!!!
Butchh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 09:21 AM   #5
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
If it’s in great condition and keeping perfect time, why are you budgeting for a $1,000 service?
Also, the old DJ are great...wouldn’t base the decision off of collectibility, base it off the fact that you would get a classic Rolex for $1500
Sublovin is offline   Reply With Quote