The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 25 November 2018, 01:20 PM   #1
JDaniel249
"TRF" Member

16700 tiffany dial question

I've had a pepsi 16700 (I think thats the model reference since I haven't actually taken off the bracelet for a lack of proper tool to confirm it) for approximately 6 years. I got it as a gift, and back then, I didn't question the watches authenticity. My parents got it from someone that I would consider a reputable dealer (my dad knew personally). However, it came with no box or papers, and from what I've read, that is a red flag especially when it comes to double-branded pieces.

I would really appreciate it if anyone who's had experience with this watch and tiffany dials could at least tell me if the watch looks correct. Thank you all very much!
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_9130.PNG (93.9 KB, 380 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8020-2.JPG (120.7 KB, 379 views)
JDaniel249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2018, 02:51 PM   #2
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Better close ups would help. No papers just means a collector won’t pay top dollar for it and hurts the value. Does not mean it’s fake. But with so many fakes out there most people won’t buy one without papers...I have never seen a Tiffany 16700 and those pics are too blurry but from what I see it looks pretty legit and factory to me....
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2018, 04:45 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
The issue with Tiffany dials is that there are no records to verify that the watch was sold by Tiffany.

If the watch has provenance: original Tiffany box (yes, they were different), sales receipt, and guaranty, it makes identification more likely. Otherwise, it is just a nice watch with an unverified dial.
Old 17 December 2018, 10:14 AM   #4
yagsman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Gmt Master
i hae a Rolex Gmt master Tiffany &co style 16750 with sales receipt and rolex paperwork with the tifany & co on the paperwork was purchased 6/4/87 is is in for cleaning any idea of it's worth
yagsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 01:21 PM   #5
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagsman View Post
i hae a Rolex Gmt master Tiffany &co style 16750 with sales receipt and rolex paperwork with the tifany & co on the paperwork was purchased 6/4/87 is is in for cleaning any idea of it's worth
Please start your own thread so that your watch isnt confused with the original poster of this thread. Provide many clear and up close pics including all of the paperwork. We dont normally give value evaluations but a general range could possibly be provided once you post pics.
Old 17 December 2018, 03:07 PM   #6
E46seca
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDaniel249 View Post
I've had a pepsi 16700 (I think thats the model reference since I haven't actually taken off the bracelet for a lack of proper tool to confirm it) for approximately 6 years. I got it as a gift, and back then, I didn't question the watches authenticity. My parents got it from someone that I would consider a reputable dealer (my dad knew personally). However, it came with no box or papers, and from what I've read, that is a red flag especially when it comes to double-branded pieces.

I would really appreciate it if anyone who's had experience with this watch and tiffany dials could at least tell me if the watch looks correct. Thank you all very much!

Better pics to help you are needed especially of the Tiffany & Co. writing on the dial that's what makes it especial
E46seca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2018, 03:55 AM   #7
Lgear080
Banned

Better pics of the dial... good news is the dial can be refinished, but everything else kosher.
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote