The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 28 November 2022, 02:05 AM   #1
HAPConst
Banned

16808 Bracelet Connector

Hey guys. I really need some help tracking down a link. I bought a couple of watches this year and 1 of them is a beautiful 16808 with factory diamond dial (not a serti). I haven’t had a chance to look it over until the other day. I removed the diver extension which has the bracelet connector riveted to it. I removed it because I don’t need it and I have small wrists. To get it sized correctly the extension had to go.

Not wanting to drill rivets out or perform “work” I want a solid gold bracelet connector link. I can’t find one anywhere. Amazon has gold colored ones, but nothing solid gold and nothing oem Rolex. I can forgo oem Rolex, but I need solid gold at a minimum. I was going to have Rolliworks do the work, but they can’t find a connector either. We are all chasing a unicorn.

Does anyone know of a good parts supplier I can try other than the eBay crowd? Anyone on here have one they want to sell? The nuclear option is a new bracelet, but at 10k I would rather not.
HAPConst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 04:16 AM   #2
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Pictures would help.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 05:28 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Taking the extension out isn't typically what is done for small wrists.

Removal of one of the permanent links on the 6 side is the standard small-wrist adjustment method and Rolliworks does this routinely.

The link you are talking about is part of the clasp and so once you use it on another clasp type, as you propose, you then have a non-usable clasp.