The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 29 February 2020, 02:51 AM   #91
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

Everything looks fishi..... Post the invoice, credit card, security number, your ID, your address, a photos with the watch your ID your face and your dog to

If not.. The watch is super fake
Rolex Daytona 126500LN/Rolex 126710BLRO/Rolex 126720VTNR/Rolex 126710BLNR/Rolex Oyster 126000/Breitling B01 CHRONOGRAPH 43 CURTISS WARHAWK/Omega“SILVER SNOOPY AWARD” 50TH ANNIVERSARY/Some Swatch x omega x blancpain

Last edited by padi56; 29 February 2020 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: And what make you such a expert
Old 29 February 2020, 03:09 AM   #92
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Lol, this thread is hilarious. "Fake fake fake" is what you see everywhere these days, whereas in the end it was just heinous QC.

Glad RSC is fixing it up OP!
Old 29 February 2020, 03:21 AM   #93
envuks
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Wow! This thread is wild. Just went through it and I’m kind of shocked at the number of people who felt this was a fake. Maybe groupthink cause by the first few who shouted it.

I’m thinking these are likely people who don’t have a daytona of their own so maybe they don’t know what one really looks like?

“A man with one watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.”
Old 29 February 2020, 03:29 AM   #94
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
I'm with some members on this, not sure how the OP's QC question turned in a giant fake thread. We get it, we all own Rolexes, and after writing a few posts on this Rolex forum... some seem to think they are suddenly experts.

If we know for certain if something is fake or strange, have at it. If we don't I kindly suggest we hold back on the comments or at least make it a bit more appropriate.

I highly doubt the OP (especially if he is new) would invest his time asking members to help posts pictures of his watch and respond quickly, when it wasn't even the question was asking... only to prove to nay sayers. I'm sure he would've scurried if he was trolling.
Old 29 February 2020, 03:29 AM   #95
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by envuks View Post
Wow! This thread is wild. Just went through it and I’m kind of shocked at the number of people who felt this was a fake. Maybe groupthink cause by the first few who shouted it.

I’m thinking these are likely people who don’t have a daytona of their own so maybe they don’t know what one really looks like?

There's no way a high end fake would have had such piss poor QC. Only real Rolex leave the factory like that

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Old 29 February 2020, 03:41 AM   #96
Hands90
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post

There's no way a high end fake would have had such piss poor QC. Only real Rolex leave the factory like that
/\ Exactly what I've been saying.
Old 29 February 2020, 03:44 AM   #97
OrangeKenny
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 Polar
Quote:
Originally Posted by milanesel View Post
RSC in Paris

RSC is fake. The yellow stripe looks too thick, and the lapels are uneven. And Rolex never use those buttons on that coat. At best is it a frankencoat.
Old 29 February 2020, 03:49 AM   #98
Tha Baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokoru View Post
I love this thread, better than game of thrones..
Waiting for the “wildfire” post
Old 29 February 2020, 06:33 AM   #99
Statuswan
"TRF" Member

I skimmed past the drama... But I've had similar issues with flaws on new watches. There was a flaw on the AR coating on my Bulgari Octo, which I didn't notice until after I bought it. I sent that in for warranty right away. And I recently picked up a Grand Seiko and noticed a blemish on the hour marker as i was paying. Thankfully they're ordering me a new grand seiko instead of sending the existing one in for warranty. Once you see those things on a brand new watch, you can't un-see it! It's not the same as marking it up yourself

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 29 February 2020, 07:47 AM   #100
oversteerdawg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeKenny View Post
RSC is fake. The yellow stripe looks too thick, and the lapels are uneven. And Rolex never use those buttons on that coat. At best is it a frankencoat.
LOL...best post in this farce of a thread! Not to mention the chair/table alignment is a dead giveaway.
Old 29 February 2020, 09:44 AM   #101
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
This thread.... smh. OP is owed an apology by a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 February 2020, 11:05 AM   #102
calh22a
Banned

Quote:
I was just about to post my suspicions that this is a fake RSC. Those are not standard issue chairs and the lab coat isn’t the right shade of white. Your discerning eye beat me to it.
Old 29 February 2020, 09:45 PM   #103
Daniel12
"TRF" Member

This post highlights the obvious and not so obvious pitfalls in diagnosing fakery. Fakes have gotten so much better that we have to rely on minuscule differences which are not always clear on phone pics. It is easy to think a watch is a fake based on these imperfections on phone pics when in reality they are not.
Old 1 March 2020, 12:14 AM   #104
milanesel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, FPJ, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nastie View Post
I'm with some members on this, not sure how the OP's QC question turned in a giant fake thread. We get it, we all own Rolexes, and after writing a few posts on this Rolex forum... some seem to think they are suddenly experts.

If we know for certain if something is fake or strange, have at it. If we don't I kindly suggest we hold back on the comments or at least make it a bit more appropriate.

I highly doubt the OP (especially if he is new) would invest his time asking members to help posts pictures of his watch and respond quickly, when it wasn't even the question was asking... only to prove to nay sayers. I'm sure he would've scurried if he was trolling.
real talk. It seems that not everybody spends/values his time in the same way, apparently, to even imagine that one could bother writing in a forum in order to receive other members approval on a replica watch. What a time to be alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuswan View Post
I skimmed past the drama... But I've had similar issues with flaws on new watches. There was a flaw on the AR coating on my Bulgari Octo, which I didn't notice until after I bought it. I sent that in for warranty right away. And I recently picked up a Grand Seiko and noticed a blemish on the hour marker as i was paying. Thankfully they're ordering me a new grand seiko instead of sending the existing one in for warranty. Once you see those things on a brand new watch, you can't un-see it! It's not the same as marking it up yourself

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I have seen a similar comment watching a review of the ceramic octo finissimo on youtube, maybe it was you? Love this watch, especially the new 2020 shiny ceramic and the new steel version. This kind of things are incredibly annoying and I don't think it should ever happen, but whatever the price, it does (at least mass produced models)
Old 1 March 2020, 04:32 AM   #105
~Haze~
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Welp. Crazy how these threads evolve
I think you mean how they devolve.
Old 1 March 2020, 05:15 AM   #106
huba01
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Old 1 March 2020, 06:25 AM   #107
carl12
Banned

Taking it for a service will do.
Old 1 March 2020, 07:23 AM   #108
Amochosto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I had a plate of sausages for lunch that was better than the last season of GOT.
A nice plate of sausages is better than any movie or tv!

Stupidity is doomed, therefore, to cringe at every syllable of wisdom

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Old 1 March 2020, 07:30 AM   #109
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
posting unclear pictures and ask to look for micro defects is always suspicious.
Old 1 March 2020, 07:56 AM   #110
blackmanta
"TRF" Member

This watch is genuine, if you guys spent less time talking about waitlists and resale value, you might actually know what you are looking at. SMH

Old 21 March 2020, 02:29 AM   #111
Hands90
"TRF" Member

Does not surprise me that the OP never came back.
Old 21 March 2020, 02:32 AM   #112
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
The dial looks really bad IMO at first glance. I'm not an authenticator nor do I work for Rolex and most on here can only give an opinion at best so the best thing to do is send it in to RSC which looks like you have done that already. Looking forward to hearing what they say.
Old 27 March 2020, 06:00 AM   #113
milanesel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands90 View Post
Does not surprise me that the OP never came back.

If you can understand french, which I really doubt. « We are closed until further notice ». « We are keeping your watch ».

Stay safe everyone

Old 27 March 2020, 02:18 PM   #114
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Spot on the dial of my new daytona 116500

Quote:

If you can understand french, which I really doubt. « We are closed until further notice ». « We are keeping your watch ».

Stay safe everyone

This thread was quite a read. Glad you are getting the issue addressed. It’s a beautiful watch. I hope you can see some humor in the responses addressing the authenticity of the lab coat. Cheers! and keep coming back. It’s a great forum.
Old 27 March 2020, 10:10 PM   #115
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Hi all,

I am new on the forum. I bought my first rolex in November of last year, and I noticed a few things. There are two spots on the dial, on on the minutes counter (right subdial), and one between 4 and 5 o’ clock. They can be noticed only under a certain light, hence why I realized it just today. The other thing I noticed is mechanical. When pushing the reset button of the chronograph, if not fully unscrewed, the seconds hand partially resets (it doesn’t reach 12). Let’s say I stop the chronograph at 35, I reset and the hand goes directly to 45 for example.

What are your opinions on both things, should I send it to service?

Thank you for your help,

Leo
Apparently you sent to RSC, so great!!
Old 27 March 2020, 10:57 PM   #116
milanesel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeshot View Post
This thread was quite a read. Glad you are getting the issue addressed. It’s a beautiful watch. I hope you can see some humor in the responses addressing the authenticity of the lab coat. Cheers! and keep coming back. It’s a great forum.
I will! Thank you my friend.

Cheers!

Leo
Old 27 March 2020, 11:39 PM   #117
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
I will! Thank you my friend.

Cheers!

Leo
I'm still not sure what people were questioning about your post. At any rate, welcome here and all the best!!

Bonne chance mon ami!
Old 28 March 2020, 12:27 AM   #118
Flyoverguy
"TRF" Member

A lot of defensiveness exposed on this thread. Kind of disturbing.
Old 28 March 2020, 12:39 AM   #119
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Big Ben
OP you have nothing to prove to anyone.
I hope you get your watch back as soon as practical. Might be a while considering what is going on.

I like when someone is buying a watch from AD and he is told on the forum it is fake! Classic....
Old 28 March 2020, 01:23 AM   #120
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
I like when someone is buying a watch from AD and he is told on the forum it is fake! Classic....

Well, to the aggressors defense, OP said it was his first and was a white dial Daytona. That is 99% of the time a far fetched claim.

I wasn't sure what everyone was claiming that looked fake. But I am really not good as spotting them these days with how high quality fakes are now. Glad to see OP blew that up and posted the follow up photos! Hope you get it back soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Closed Thread