The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 March 2020, 02:33 PM   #121
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutelyROLEX! View Post
Thanks for all the input guys
My original question however has been completely ignored LOL

My question was: brands like AP and PP dont seem to be affected by oversupply in the grey market, is it because they all get sold quicker?
If not, then why?
Fewer Authorized dealers. How close to you is 5 AP Dealers or 5 PP dealers. Wait till Rolex gets that AD network reduced.
Old 31 March 2020, 03:59 PM   #122
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Still, just read some of the comments by some on here in other threads. They’ll nonchalant say things that insinuate a Rolex buyer needs to be in the upper 1%. It’s laughable

I knew people in undergrad without a penny to their name, but worked a part time job to save for a Rolex. It’s not that crazy. So when you have this economic downward spiral and TONS of hourly work across the US being shut down, it’s ridiculous to assume this isn’t a large part of the Rolex buying population. Plus all these guys flaunting on IG, bought to take a pic, wear a couple months and flip. Those days are gone.
Totally agree. I can list of right now probably a dozen people that I know will have used credit to buy watches.

There's a reason unsecured debt levels are at their highest ever. And it just so happens to coincide with the luxury goods markets having their best ever couple of years.

Like somebody said (it may have been you), this is an aspirational brand and i believe that for many it's just a show-off piece. Most won't be big earners. The availability of cheap credit and also the general perception of the public that a Rolex is as good as money in the bank is what I believe has fueled the market. Add into that the flippers and there you have a large proportion of Rolex sales.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote