The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 July 2018, 11:11 AM   #1
edgangi
"TRF" Member

Need help with patek paperwork

Hey guys,

Would really appreciate some advice. I just bought a 5980 1R (not cheap obviously) from a reputable store (at least I think - physical presence, lots of ebay feedback, etc) in the US and the watch has not yet arrived but I had the seller send me a picture of the paperwork from the AD.

The name was filled in with mine (apparently it was a display model from an AD in Milan) but was dated and has the store name (verified AD) on the bottom of the paperwork. However, there is no stamp in the section where the AD usually goes. Both my normal watch guy (local dealer) and the store I bought it from said that this is common from European dealers. So my questions are follows:

1) Is this really common? I did a quick google image search and couldn't find any paperwork without a stamp on it or a blacked out section where the stamp would go meaning there was indeed a stamp there.

2) What is the reason for not stamping the certificate? It is dated, has the store name on the bottom of the certificate, etc. I can't see a valid reason why it would be missing a stamp.

3) Will this present a problem for me in terms of resale or having the watch serviced by AP (its dated March 2018 so still a lot of warranty left)?

Thanks guys! Would really appreciate some feedback
edgangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2018, 01:45 PM   #2
kbj
"TRF" Member

Hi!

I just bought a new 5990 from AD in the UK and when they were filling the paperwork, I asked about the same thing.

Their reply was that there is no need for a stamp if the ADs name is preprinted on the Certificate of Origin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 12:03 AM   #3
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Some Certificates come with the AD name stamped and others with the AD name hand written. I don't think it matters either way and I have never really paid attention to it. It makes no difference for resale.

For warranty servicing, you should be ok getting the watch serviced in the US, even though the watch was sourced from an EU AD.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote