ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 March 2018, 10:49 PM   #391
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzer View Post
It’s discontinued spoke to Ad
There focus is on supply for the new GMT realeses he said once the final shipments are made it will disappear from website
That’s why it’s not in print as they won’t reprint brochures when watches discontinue
But then I don't see why they would display it as Basel, it doesn't need the publicity and didn't get any. If its being replaced by the 3285 mvmt then that makes more sense but completely gone does not.
Old 30 March 2018, 10:56 PM   #392
maizerage25
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 116710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B. View Post
Picking up mine in the afternoon. Had to wait for only 2 weeks. Last batch?
Picked mine up Tuesday, waited about 8 weeks. Cleveland dealer.
Old 30 March 2018, 10:57 PM   #393
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
But then I don't see why they would display it as Basel, it doesn't need the publicity and didn't get any. If its being replaced by the 3285 mvmt then that makes more sense but completely gone does not.
If I remember correctly this was the same approach that Rolex took with the 116520 to 116500. They left both online for a few months, but my memory may be slightly off
Old 31 March 2018, 12:05 AM   #394
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
If I remember correctly this was the same approach that Rolex took with the 116520 to 116500. They left both online for a few months, but my memory may be slightly off
But Rolex are a lot more SM savvy now and know we are all watching like hawks at Basel for any signals, so I can't put it down to just laziness etc as was the case before. Just think in today's world it would be a very cynical move to mis-advertise this.
Old 31 March 2018, 12:17 AM   #395
Jacobson
"TRF" Member

Look at it like this, ADs are still selling the BLNR so there is definitely stock still available in the supply chain, even if it's being disco it would make sense to leave it on the site (& show at Bazel) simply due the fact that it's replacement the Diet Pepsi is potentially still a few months away from hitting ADs.

If it's going to be upgraded with new movement & case then I don't see it happening until after the Diet Pepsi begins to ship
Old 31 March 2018, 12:27 AM   #396
lhawli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobson View Post
Diet Pepsi

I don’t know why, but this cracked me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rolex GMT Master II [116710BLNR]
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona [116500LN]
Old 31 March 2018, 04:14 AM   #397
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
But Rolex are a lot more SM savvy now and know we are all watching like hawks at Basel for any signals, so I can't put it down to just laziness etc as was the case before. Just think in today's world it would be a very cynical move to mis-advertise this.
Perhaps they are deliberately sending mixed signals, since they still have stock to move. It wouldn't be mis-advertising, so much as they're not ready to announce the disco yet. If the BLNR were not displayed at Basel, and missing from the catalog, we would know it's gone. This way, we're left scratching our heads.
Old 31 March 2018, 04:16 AM   #398
Khans14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Perhaps they are deliberately sending mixed signals, since they still have stock to move. It wouldn't be mis-advertising, so much as they're not ready to announce the disco yet. If the BLNR were not displayed at Basel, and missing from the catalog, we would know it's gone. This way, we're left scratching our heads.
Agreed. I do not think there is a lot of shooting from the hip with rolex. They seem to be very deliberate and measured in even the slightest action or inaction.
Old 31 March 2018, 04:20 AM   #399
Alex Ks
"TRF" Member

it's not discontinued and won't be for a while. move on.
Old 31 March 2018, 04:38 AM   #400
arizonapaul
"TRF" Member

Watch: All 3 Sea-Dwellers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
11 pages. 324 posts. No verifiable definitive answer. Awesome.

lol, now that's funny, thankfully I didn't read them all, just jumped to the end to try and see if you all figured it out
Rolex TT Sub-
Rolex SD4000
Omega Ploprof 1200 m
Panerai 510
Panerai 785 set-NIB
Rolex Airking
Old 31 March 2018, 04:57 AM   #401
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex ks View Post
it's not discontinued and won't be for a while. Move on.
ok.
Old 31 March 2018, 05:29 AM   #402
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ks View Post
it's not discontinued and won't be for a while. move on.
100% agreed - just same fake news like the Hulk.
We will have BLNR for the next years
Old 31 March 2018, 05:47 AM   #403
piratepress
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
The speculation sure has driven buyers into a frenzy. DavidSW had sold all three BLNRs he had for sale this week!
Old 31 March 2018, 07:53 AM   #404
lucevan le stelle
"TRF" Member

Incredible, 403 posts! How many would a non-conclusive "Hulk discontinued" thread get I wonder?
Old 31 March 2018, 12:15 PM   #405
Sade
Banned

Watch: Rolex Turn-O-Graph
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Not on my AD's website. Even filtered it down to Oystersteel only and the BLRO is the only one that came up
Filter by bezel.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 2 April 2018, 05:57 AM   #406
Lgreen2017
"TRF" Member

Watch: 326935 Chocolate
doubt it
Old 2 April 2018, 11:34 AM   #407
avega357
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT's BLNR
I have now read all 430 posts and the answer is definetly...........MAYBE

No joke, the answer is MAYBE
Old 2 April 2018, 01:41 PM   #408
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avega357 View Post
I have now read all 430 posts and the answer is definetly...........MAYBE

No joke, the answer is MAYBE
All bickering aside, here's the information we have:

- BLNR, SS LN, and green-dial YM GMTs were displayed in the main case at Baselworld this year;

- Those same models were missing from the Basel catalog and price list, whereas every other sports model reference currently on the Rolex website was included in the catalog (barring the Daytonas, which I haven't checked);

- ABTW reported the BLNR is discontinued, but did not provide any basis for that claim; no mention was made of the SS LN or the green-dial YG;

- ABTW then amended that report to say that Rolex claimed they were intending to continue production of the BLNR; in the same blog post, ABTW continued to speculate the BLNR was still likely to be discontinued or possibly updated, again without explaining why they believed that;

- Fratello also reported Rolex's claim to continue production of the BLNR; likewise, no mention of the SS LN or green-dial YG;

- Many AD websites show only the six GMT models shown in the Basel catalog; the BLNR, LN and green-dial YG are not present; it is fair to note that not all AD website listings are comprehensive;

- Some ADs are claiming they can order the BLNR; at least one AD has said the BLNR will be for sale as long as there is existing stock, but Rolex will not continue to produce it, which is why it is still shown on the Rolex website, but was not in the catalog.

So yeah...maybe. The evidence is contradictory and confusing. It has also come in piecemeal, so the thread has evolved as we've gotten more information. It hasn't helped that some members have come in and argued against the factual existence of the objectively available information, calling it "fake news," or accusing some of us of spreading misinformation and rumors. I submit we haven't been doing that. We've just been clarifying the information available and trying to understand it the best way we can. To the extent we've had to keep demonstrating the information actually exists, to say nothing of what it might mean, this thread has become much longer than it might otherwise have been.
Old 2 April 2018, 02:28 PM   #409
Eiso
"TRF" Member

The prices have already jumped up quite some here in Hong Kong
Old 2 April 2018, 03:12 PM   #410
XZACM102
"TRF" Member

Lesson from SDDS D-Blue: Rolex will not discontinue something that sells well. BLNR and LN are both still in high demand but because there is still inventory of old movements new one will be phased in later this year and both introduced as new references.
Why would they include in 2018/19 printed catalogue soon to be obsoleted references ? LN and BLNR are on display at Basel because they will keep them around and website will get updated with new references when old inventory gets depleted. Not revolution but evolution. Rolex doesn't need to wait for Basel 2019 to do this.
Old 2 April 2018, 03:24 PM   #411
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZACM1001 View Post
Lesson from SDDS D-Blue: Rolex will not discontinue something that sells well.
Rolex did discontinue the previous DSSD models, and then replaced them with updated models. The same thing happened with the first ceramic WG BLRO. Whenever there is information regarding a discontinuation, the most that can be reasonably inferred is that the current reference is being pulled; replacements or updates are beyond the scope of that information. In other words, most of the claims of BLNR and LN discontinuation are with respect only to the current iterations of the model, without respect to any potential replacement or update.
Old 2 April 2018, 03:27 PM   #412
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
I'm sick of this thread... when it's gone its gone!!!
if indeed it really is gone but no one knows when it really will be gone...
will it really be gone? Im not sure, mr. xyz when will the blnr be gone???
mr. xyz responds, i don't snow , i spink it's here to stay but many say
It's snot here to stay what dost thouest say??? well i don't snow!!!

arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh.... pathetic!!!! get the picture???
it will never end people...when it's gone then it will be gone and whoever
has one is good!!! whoever doesn't will pay a premium...
is that really hard mathematics for geniuses on TRF to figure out?
C'mon for crying out loud , elementary students can figure this out people...
Old 2 April 2018, 03:57 PM   #413
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
In a fraction of the keystrokes it took you to type those exclamation points and question marks, you could have unsubscribed from this thread and saved yourself the torment. Just sayin'.
Old 2 April 2018, 04:03 PM   #414
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
I'm sick of this thread... when it's gone its gone!!!
if indeed it really is gone but no one knows when it really will be gone...
will it really be gone? Im not sure, mr. xyz when will the blnr be gone???
mr. xyz responds, i don't snow , i spink it's here to stay but many say
It's snot here to stay what dost thouest say??? well i don't snow!!!

it will never end people...when it's gone then it will be gone and whoever
has one is good!!! whoever doesn't will pay a premium...
is that really hard mathematics for geniuses on TRF to figure out?
C'mon for crying out loud , elementary students can figure this out people...

So true.
Old 2 April 2018, 09:19 PM   #415
Sade
Banned

Watch: Rolex Turn-O-Graph
Quote:

- BLNR, SS LN, and green-dial YM GMTs were displayed in the main case at Baselworld this year;

- Those same models were missing from the Basel catalog and price list, whereas every other sports model reference currently on the Rolex website was included in the catalog (barring the Daytonas, which I haven't checked);

- ABTW reported the BLNR is discontinued, but did not provide any basis for that claim; no mention was made of the SS LN or the green-dial YG;

- ABTW then amended that report to say that Rolex claimed they were intending to continue production of the BLNR; in the same blog post, ABTW continued to speculate the BLNR was still likely to be discontinued or possibly updated, again without explaining why they believed that;

- Fratello also reported Rolex's claim to continue production of the BLNR; likewise, no mention of the SS LN or green-dial YG;

- Many AD websites show only the six GMT models shown in the Basel catalog; the BLNR, LN and green-dial YG are not present; it is fair to note that not all AD website listings are comprehensive;

- Some ADs are claiming they can order the BLNR; at least one AD has said the BLNR will be for sale as long as there is existing stock, but Rolex will not continue to produce it, which is why it is still shown on the Rolex website, but was not in the catalog.

So yeah...maybe. The evidence is contradictory and confusing. It has also come in piecemeal, so the thread has evolved as we've gotten more information. It hasn't helped that some members have come in and argued against the factual existence of the objectively available information, calling it "fake news," or accusing some of us of spreading misinformation and rumors. I submit we haven't been doing that. We've just been clarifying the information available and trying to understand it the best way we can. To the extent we've had to keep demonstrating the information actually exists, to say nothing of what it might mean, this thread has become much longer than it might otherwise have been.
Amen, and if you dig deep on the AD sites, choose GMT by Bezel, the BLNR shows up.... sometimes.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 3 April 2018, 02:30 AM   #416
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
In a fraction of the keystrokes it took you to type those exclamation points and question marks, you could have unsubscribed from this thread and saved yourself the torment. Just sayin'.
I couldn’t resist while I was inspired ...
Old 3 April 2018, 03:28 AM   #417
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
I couldn’t resist while I was inspired ...
Well then, have at it.
Old 3 April 2018, 03:28 AM   #418
2muchtimeonmyhands
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Seems like the YG green GMT is discontinued. They weren't sure about the BLNR. If it is missing from catalogues like the YG then chances are it may be discontinued.
Sorry, still not a conclusive "yes" but perhaps closer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2523_2.jpg (238.8 KB, 498 views)
Old 3 April 2018, 04:33 AM   #419
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Whatever happens, I'm trusting you JacksonStone, to bring us the news first. You're the man for this.
Old 3 April 2018, 04:54 AM   #420
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Whatever happens, I'm trusting you JacksonStone, to bring us the news first. You're the man for this.
Meh. I'm like an information processor at MI6, sitting in a cubicle at headquarters, munching a day-old scone and drinking PG Tips, trying to make sense of all the data James Bond has turned up after his latest sexcapade and countless vodka martinis.
Closed Thread