The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 21 March 2019, 10:33 PM   #1
Craigdwh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet Type XXI
Wolf Winder Defective???

Hey guys,

A situation has me rather annoyed atm.

I purchased this triple winder from my AD about 18 months ago. The Savoy 2.7. It comes with a 2 year warranty.

https://www.wolf1834.com/item/454770/

Anyways about a year ago, I noticed the left winder did not rotate smoothly any longer. It was skipping.

I called Wolf, sent them video of the issue and they agreed something could be loose inside. They gave me a trick to try and "tighten" the rotator but to no avail it did not help. They then said send it back and explained the process of sending it back. The process of returning it to Wolf Designs in CA was rather convoluted, they did not seem to have a process in place to accept warranty return units from Canada????? Seemed odd to me and I volunteered that I wasn't willing to go through their hassle at that time.

Skip forward to a few weeks ago, winder still working but skipping getting worse, I called again. Explained the situation and they instructed me to send it back to have their technicians look at it. They seemed to have a process this time, sent me labels, customs documents etc. All I had to do was safely package it up and drop it at UPS. I did so.

Yesterday I hear back from Wolf in an email. They tell me nothing is wrong with the unit and will be sending it back to me. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe a $2000 winder is supposed to behave this way? Please watch the video, skipping starts at around 5 seconds. My biggest concern is longevity. How will this impact the future of the
winder?

Hoping others can chime in, thoughts?

[video]https://imgur.com/a/o3MYGnD[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Where's the nearest bridge"?
Craigdwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 11:32 PM   #2
Craigdwh
"TRF" Member

Mods I think I posted this in the wrong spot ???

Old 22 March 2019, 12:52 AM   #3
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
mine doesn’t do that but some of the material has patina and the watches fall out if they are big
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 02:27 AM   #4
El-Duderino
"TRF" Member

Ha! My Wolf Heritage triple winder does that too!

I found two ways to “fix” the problem as mine was no longer under warranty:

1. You almost have to wedge it in there at a slight angle as it might be an issue with the sides of the cushion clips not being lined up exactly with the groove in the winder.

Not sure if this pic is clear, but the left side is in there maybe 1/4-1/2 inch more than the right.

2. Or, the more elegant solution: put one or two layers or black electrical tape on the clip that seems to be slipping.

Hope one of these works for you.
El-Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 02:38 AM   #5
Craigdwh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Duderino View Post
Ha! My Wolf Heritage triple winder does that too!

I found two ways to “fix” the problem as mine was no longer under warranty:

1. You almost have to wedge it in there at a slight angle as it might be an issue with the sides of the cushion clips not being lined up exactly with the groove in the winder.

Not sure if this pic is clear, but the left side is in there maybe 1/4-1/2 inch more than the right.

2. Or, the more elegant solution: put one or two layers or black electrical tape on the clip that seems to be slipping.

Hope one of these works for you.

Appreciate your suggestions but unfortunately it’s not the pillow/cuff that’s slipping during the rotation. It’s the actual winder that is skipping.

Old 22 March 2019, 02:52 AM   #6
El-Duderino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdwh View Post
Appreciate your suggestions but unfortunately it’s not the pillow/cuff that’s slipping during the rotation. It’s the actual winder that is skipping.

It could be a different issue with yours, but your video looks exactly like what mine did before I added the electrical tape.
El-Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 09:03 AM   #7
Craigdwh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Duderino View Post
It could be a different issue with yours, but your video looks exactly like what mine did before I added the electrical tape.

Ok thanks, if they send it back to me as is I will try your suggestion. Appreciate your help!