The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 23 March 2019, 01:47 AM   #31
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexinfl View Post
Bob's is the worst of the online sellers and I've heard this story multiple times.
They sure look spiffy. But life beyond the Internet is a very different story. I should've done my research.
Juantxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 02:04 AM   #32
Tony1T
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II & SUB
Sorry to hear you had problems. Ive been reading the "WatchOut" posts off and on .

The one thing i've learned is I'd only buy a watch I could hold in my hand. I don't have the knowledge to spot a fake from an original so I'll only buy new from an AD. If that means I need to wait then so be it.
Tony1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 03:06 AM   #33
Juantxo
Banned

Not nice people by any stretch. They warned me that "they are following my posts" on TRF.

Rolex must go after the gray market and do away with them. Regarding used watches, do not buy unless you can see and touch the watch, and even then research the best you can the ethics of the vendor.
Old 23 March 2019, 04:04 AM   #34
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantxo View Post
Not nice people by any stretch. They warned me that "they are following my posts" on TRF.

Rolex must go after the gray market and do away with them. Regarding used watches, do not buy unless you can see and touch the watch, and even then research the best you can the ethics of the vendor.
they get slammed here all the time, so i dont know why they would bother to read, its hardly ever good

i would open a Paypal case for sure. Im not being a smart ass, but you paid their fee to get some protection. Use it

If you want some traction, update your post in the Rolex section.
A new thread would get moved to watch out, but a resolution to the one you posted in the main board would already probably be relevant enough to stay there because its a continuation of that story... and people would see it. I assume
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:06 AM   #35
PanosI
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
DO NOT let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PanosI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:12 AM   #36
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They warned me that "they are following my posts" on TRF.
They get bashed here with good reason, but that is ridiculous.

Hope you get a good resolution OP.

Bob's has always come across like a pawn shop level operation to me. Maybe slightly better because they do have some good information on their site.

Also, any seller who would describe that watch as "excellent" is pretty much a scammer in my opinion. I would call that watch "well worn / beat up"
Old 23 March 2019, 04:13 AM   #37
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They warned me that "they are following my posts" on TRF. .
By e-mail or on the phone? Pathetic company.

Get a refund please.

The feeling I get (and what I've read in the past about them) is that they just push watches through as fast as possible. Buy cheap (obviously), take the regular margin even though it should be priced for 1-2k less (greed) and tell the client to get lost. They probably factor in that 1 out of 10 will ask for a refund.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:14 AM   #38
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
Bob's has always come across like a pawn shop level operation to me.
it sounds like a Pawn shop just by the name. Call me a snob, but im never buying from Bob's or JimBob's or Billy's watches. My insurance company would laugh at me when they ask for the receipt
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:23 AM   #39
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
it sounds like a Pawn shop just by the name. Call me a snob, but im never buying from Bob's or JimBob's or Billy's watches. My insurance company would laugh at me when they ask for the receipt

I am definitely a snob because I won't buy a Rolex from Bob.

Old 23 March 2019, 04:25 AM   #40
hicksonj
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 ExpII
Sorry that you have to deal with this crap. No ExpII with even a moderate amount of wear has bezel numbers with that much enamel left. You may be forked WRT Bob's return policy, but fraud is fraud (if only in the civil sense here). Many states have consumer protection statutes, and certain ways to level the playing field between companies and customers. I'd look into things where the seller is located.
hicksonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:38 AM   #41
05carbondrz
Banned

You’ve seen Firsthand how Bob’s conducts Business,How People continue to deal with Him is beyond me.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:40 AM   #42
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:

But notice how they NEVER defend themselves?
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:54 AM   #43
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post
But notice how they NEVER defend themselves?
I guess they just don't care because people keep falling pray to their practices. I did. But never again.
Old 23 March 2019, 05:36 AM   #44
Rags
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233,16610,214270
Wow that's disgraceful. I'll stick with my trusted seller Tony Geha- Justrolexes or DavidSW.

114300 Oyster Perpetual
76200 Tudor Date+Day
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:06 AM   #45
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_1908 View Post
Return it and get a refund. Being overseas is not an impediment.
Old 23 March 2019, 06:43 AM   #46
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Doesn't surprise me. Screw the seller/screw the buyer seems their SOP and business model. Wouldn't touch Bobs/Pauls establishment with the proverbial 10ft barge pole.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:45 AM   #47
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
it's never ever good
fify
Old 23 March 2019, 06:55 AM   #48
Juantxo
Banned

Some of the posters have mentioned that Bob’s sell as “Paul” here. Beware.
Old 23 March 2019, 06:59 AM   #49
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Paul Altieri is the owner of this establishment, and yes he's a TRF member and posts/sells under a handle that makes no mention of the association.
Old 23 March 2019, 07:17 AM   #50
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I’m sure you’ve found this already...but sharing just in case.

https://www.bobswatches.com/return-policy

It’s also illuminating for anyone discussing this case. PP (or any CC method) is the secondary route. The primary is notification to that seller within 72 hours.

We’ve seen several cases with this seller and it seems settlement eventually takes place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 07:25 AM   #51
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Have you considered an email to Paul Altieri directly to see if he is willing to make things right with you? It couldn't hurt either way. He will either show his integrity or his shadiness.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 07:29 AM   #52
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I’m sure you’ve found this already...but sharing just in case.

https://www.bobswatches.com/return-policy

It’s also illuminating for anyone discussing this case. PP (or any CC method) is the secondary route. The primary is notification to that seller within 72 hours.

We’ve seen several cases with this seller and it seems settlement eventually takes place.

"International sales are final". Don't see this as standing up if goods received were not as described or pictured.

If OP paid with a CC through PP I would file a dispute ASAP with the CC, if funds were transferred from a bank account or PP balance I would initiate the PP dispute. Also file a complaint with BBB (Better Business Bureau). DO NOT let this slide. It only encourages more shady practices.
Old 23 March 2019, 07:40 AM   #53
datejustrms
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanosI View Post
DO NOT let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This
datejustrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 08:02 AM   #54
77T

Beware. Never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
"International sales are final". Don't see this as standing up if goods received were not as described or pictured.

Is the buyer not US based? I always thought of US at “Utopia”...

But if this case is an international deal - the policy is written and plainly available to buyers.

It stands if the seller must defend himself in a legal action.

Further, it would stand in a credit card dispute as a US-based seller will have Federal financial regulations on his side.

Such a policy is usually written by honest sellers to protect against fraudsters. I’ll allow Bob’s is an honest broker in this case until he acts otherwise. Such a policy can always be waived by the seller if the buyer’s claim is well-founded.

If it was a PP dispute, your guess is as good as mine...

Old 23 March 2019, 08:15 AM   #55
77T

Quote:

I am sorry about your situation and hope a return & refund occurs. They can follow your posts here because you brought this here despite our rules against bringing disputes to TRF from other websites.

But it is a stretch to ask Rolex to “go after the gray market” since you made the deal for a used watch. You seemed OK with using the secondary market until you had a bad experience.

Quote:
they get slammed here all the time, so i dont know why they would bother to read, its hardly ever good

True

I do think if the rep at Bob’s doesn’t act honorably it reflects negatively upon Paul Altieri.

Old 23 March 2019, 08:16 AM   #56
wesdaniel

Watch: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Have you considered an email to Paul Altieri directly to see if he is willing to make things right with you? It couldn't hurt either way. He will either show his integrity or his shadiness.
I had thought this as well. You could also send a PM to Paul Watches on here.

I've had a few interactions with the folks at Bob's and they've been overall fine.

I bought a watch from them that was spot on perfect as described and I loved it. I've called them to inquire about a few other watches and they were very polite and professional (if maybe a bit disorganized once or twice).

I did ask about trading a watch (that I purchased from them) and didn't get a good feeling about it, so opted to not do it.

It really sucks to read this and I'm really disappointed that Paul isn't on here responding and engaging.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 08:20 AM   #57
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Actually, I read in the website that he attended Boston College, a school I know well, and that was a point of reference for me. After my experience I wrote directly to his address, mentioning BC, but he never responded.
Old 23 March 2019, 10:11 AM   #58
SlideRacker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN Black
Bobs Watches. Kinda sounds like Larrys Used Cars.
SlideRacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 11:06 AM   #59
Bxtek
"TRF" Member

I commented on your original post of when you were first in the process of purchasing this watch. I want to thank you again for posting your experience so that others can be warned. I'm so sorry that this turned out this way. I know the purchase experience was bad, but I was at least hoping that the end product would make it all worthwhile. It's sad when the whole process with them is cr@p from beginning to end!

Like I mentioned in your other thread, I was considering purchasing from Bob's before, but got turned off with the bad reviews. After reading your story, I know that I will never buy from Bob's! It's apparent that customer seing behind their product is secondary to trvice, representation of their product, and standhe money they make off you! Oh, I forgot to add in there that their packing and shipping skills are secondary too.

As others have mentioned, I would not let this one go. I would return and fight for your money back! So many wrongs here!
Bxtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 12:01 PM   #60
cptmike03
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M, 16234
Very sorry to hear this! I would return it if I were you.

Bobs has been dodgy lately. I have bought with them before, but I dont think I will again. I almost bought a DJ from them a few weeks ago but noticed the endlink had a huge dent in it. Since it was listed as "excellent, like new" I called to see if this was just a reflection.

The man on the phone was a bit stern and stated that the endlink was in fact damaged, but it was still "like new, excellent" condition. When I asked how, he repeatedly said that it is a 20 year old watch and this was like new condition for a watch of this vintage. He stated that a polishing wheel or some other mechanical refurbish caused the damage.

When I asked him how this was "like new condition" he continued to talk circles, and finally said daily wear is normal on these watches. How is damage like that daily wear and tear?? He could not explain, and continued to say that it is like new condition due to it's age. I should try to find the item and post it.

Just found it: https://www.bobswatches.com/preowned...oman-dial.html
cptmike03 is offline   Reply With Quote