The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 21 September 2021, 08:35 AM   #61
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
Yeah, I’m more than pissed to say the least. Putting my headphones in, in my garage at the end of a rough day was my way of decompressing. Apple just took a big hearty you know what on that. I will say the customer service was impeccable though, other than my call got dropped after being on hold for 20 mins as the little girl tried to figure out if there was a way to opt out.

Sent from my iPhone F*** your privacy pro max
There’ll probably be a public outcry and they’ll fix it.
Old 21 September 2021, 08:48 AM   #62
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
There’ll probably be a public outcry and they’ll fix it.

Probably not. The majority of the populace in our great nation most likely doesn’t read two paragraphs into any T&C’s.

Sent from my iPhone F*** your privacy pro max
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 04:00 AM   #63
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Eh it’s a bagel shop not fine dining. Sometimes we have to play 10-15 mins of YouTube to get out of a restaurant alive with my 2 year old but it’s always like 5 o’clock, we have the volume barely audible and the alternative is a screaming toddler who’s had enough of playing dinner with mom and dad lol

I think the world is set up for people without kids to be annoyed by people with them sometimes lol
Old 22 September 2021, 04:34 AM   #64
Thug
"TRF" Member

ITT people are mad because due to social media and phones younger generations don't socialize anymore and gets mad when people do socialize.

Also, the apple music profile has been around for a while if it's the same thing I'm thinking of. If your profile is set to private then I dont see the issue since it doesnt affect anything else.
Thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 05:27 AM   #65
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
ITT people are mad because due to social media and phones younger generations don't socialize anymore and gets mad when people do socialize.

Also, the apple music profile has been around for a while if it's the same thing I'm thinking of. If your profile is set to private then I dont see the issue since it doesnt affect anything else.

Nope, I’ve been a longtime subscriber to Apple Music. I got this when I installed iOS 14.8. No way to continue without agreeing to the T&C’s. Even the girl at Apple thought that was ridiculous and stated she wouldn’t agree either.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
Old 22 September 2021, 05:43 AM   #66
Thug
"TRF" Member

I skipped the 14.8 and went straight to 15 and nothing came up in Apple Music for me to register or make new social profile. Just to confirm we’re talking about the same thing, you’re referring to what’s in link below?

https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/app...rofile-ios-11/
Thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 06:46 AM   #67
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
I skipped the 14.8 and went straight to 15 and nothing came up in Apple Music for me to register or make new social profile. Just to confirm we’re talking about the same thing, you’re referring to what’s in link below?

https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/app...rofile-ios-11/

I’m not clicking the link.

I didn’t know iOS 15 was available yet. Doesn’t matter anyways.

Old 22 September 2021, 11:00 AM   #68
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Folks on their Phone

iOS 15 public release is out but I’m not recommending it yet for those who have an iPhone X or older. Want to see how it impacts real-time and power management for older phones.

It’s easy to do - just go to Settings>Software Update> it’s right there as an available update. It isn’t being pushed as an Automatic Update.

The Apple Music enrollment has been a splash page on many previous upgrades. There is always a “Not Now” or “Maybe Later” or “Skip” but it does get smaller and smaller year after year.

Of course if one has accepted Apple Music, you can always cancel it within minutes of noticing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 10:17 PM   #69
envuks
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
At least I’m not alone.

And yeah, the walking and texting…while crossing the street thing…

Last week I encountered a woman was crossing the street on her phone, head down. She stopped in the middle of crossing seemingly to focus more on what she was doing on the phone. I gave a light beep from my car as I was waiting for her so I could continue my journey. she looked at me like she was confused and I was a bad guy

What a strange world we live in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“A man with one watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.”
envuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2021, 12:16 AM   #70
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Quote:
I just downloaded iOS 14.8 and now you have to create a social media profile in Apple Music to be able to listen to your own music that you pay for. I just spent the last hour on the phone with Apple to come up with a solution that let me opt out and none exists. Therefore my subscription to Apple Music, my subscription to AppleCare+, my extra iCloud purchase and my Apple Card will all be going away, as well as my iphone (when I actually was entertaining the idea of upgrading to a 13 in the next month or two). Incredibly too much overreach with all of these tech companies these days. I love my iPhone but will not keep it if I can’t listen to music on it without my location, pictures, text and phone calls and everything else under the sun being tracked. Let alone the fact you’re now available to be followed by any random Tom, Dick or Harry without the option to just listen to the music you pay for in the privacy of your own headphones without being part of Apples new social media service.

I am incensed. Sorry for going off topic on your thread Seth.

You have got to be kidding. That’s just insane
Old 23 September 2021, 12:29 AM   #71
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atone View Post
You have got to be kidding. That’s just insane

Apparently you don’t have to create a “profile”. You do have to accept terms to continue though and those terms include tracking your phone calls, texts and other information.

Old 23 September 2021, 12:31 PM   #72
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

And now to use the App Store you need to agree and click continue to the same T&C’s.

Old 23 September 2021, 09:45 PM   #73
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
I’m still trying to figure out how the number of calls I make and emails I send dictate my trust score?

Sent using Tapatalk
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2021, 09:46 PM   #74
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
I’m still trying to figure out how the number of calls I make and emails I send dictate my trust score?

Sent using Tapatalk

I don’t understand why that’s needed at all for Apple Music that I’ve already been subscribed to.

Old 24 September 2021, 12:11 AM   #75
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Quote:
I don’t understand why that’s needed at all for Apple Music that I’ve already been subscribed to.

From a company that supposedly cares about my privacy

Sent using Tapatalk
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2021, 12:17 AM   #76
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Folks on their Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
From a company that supposedly cares about my privacy

Sent using Tapatalk

It’s comforting to know my confusion and frustration is shared.

Worst part is, as the App Store now requires the same agreement I can’t even download a new streaming service which is the nail in the coffin for Apple products for me.

Old 24 September 2021, 02:33 AM   #77
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
People are rude and inconsiderate at baseline these days.
We don’t need a no phones at meals rule, because pulling out your phone at family meal time is ridiculous. But many people are ridiculous now as well.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2021, 03:20 AM   #78
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Speaking about phones at dinner.

I'm sure most people are aware that since Covid, restaurants in a lot of places have no menu, so you order off a QR Code on the table that takes to the the establishments website and you order right into the kitchen, not with the wait staff.

So the phones are now already needed at the table.

You have to wonder if after Covid is passed, if this will continue, as it saves the restaurant money by not ordering or having to change their menus. Just tweak the website.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3501(Edited)xx.jpg (19.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 24 September 2021, 03:37 AM   #79
Widows Son
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'm sure most people are aware that since Covid, restaurants in a lot of places have no menu, so you order off a QR Code on the table that takes to the the establishments website and you order right into the kitchen, not with the wait staff.

You have to wonder if after Covid is passed, if this will continue, as it saves the restaurant money by not ordering or having to change their menus. Just tweak the website.
I don't think the conversation was about using a phone to order dinner dinner, I think it was about talking on them instead of to the people you're sitting with.
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2021, 03:39 AM   #80
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widows Son View Post
I don't think the conversation was about using a phone to order dinner dinner, I think it was about talking on them instead of to the people you're sitting with.
My point was the "put your phones away" and now you actually need them to function and order at the restaurant.

So everyone's phones are already out and on the table.
Old 24 September 2021, 03:48 AM   #81
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I don’t care if someone is on their phone. Bothers me not.

But the loud conversation or music or a movie or a game bugs me.

Fwiw, if folks are at their table and taking super loud or laughing in an uproar where it’s disturbing others, I don’t like that much either.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2021, 03:48 AM   #82
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Beware using QR code’s. Scammers have figured out how to make their own that contain virus’.

Old 27 September 2021, 12:40 AM   #83
HeartRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEXROLEXROLEX
Quote:
Curious as to what you think common sense protocol is.

Had a nice hike this am with a buddy. I then went solo to my neighborhood bagel joint for some breakfast. Nice chill place.

I’m the only patron besides one small family. Kids is watching a movie. No headphones. Dad is scrolling.

Mom is doing a FaceTime. Full on conversation with someone. Loud. For the entire meal. I wanted to politely ask her to pick up her phone. I did not for fear of the typical defensive response that appears more common than not. I’d like to avoid conflict.

I’m not a fan of what dad and kid are doing. But that appears typical today.

I’ve seen others with full on FaceTime conversations before. Always annoyed the crap out of me. Busy or quiet place, I think it’s wrong. Talk on the phone. Okay. Don’t love it. I always walk away to avoid disturbing others. But this FaceTime phenomenon?

Too far? Or typical? Non issue for you?
I would have thought them rude and insensitive. I don’t talk on my phone in a checkout line because it’s rude to whomever is helping me. I mean really, our devices have on/off/mute buttons and headphone capability for a reason.
HeartRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2021, 12:45 AM   #84
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t care if someone is on their phone. Bothers me not.

Fwiw, if folks are at their table and taking super loud or laughing in an uproar where it’s disturbing others, I don’t like that much either.

It’s infuriating. I have seen it quite frequently where someone is standing in line taking a FaceTime call talking super loud. It’s nuts. I want to tell them, you’re not important enough to take a FaceTime call in public.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2021, 12:48 AM   #85
HeartRolex
"TRF" Member

Biggest pet peeve in this category...women talking on the phone is public restrooms! It makes me feel sick.
Old 27 September 2021, 01:03 AM   #86
HeartRolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Exactly why I’m conflicted.

I thought the exact same thing.
Sorry not the same at all. People are louder (phones turned up) because they aren’t in person, whereas in person it’s easier to use a look or gesture to speak for you.

At end of day maybe it’s just that I’d prefer not hearing about that job interview, a bad breakup or an uncle’s gall bladder surgery because it feels like I’m invading someone’s privacy, though actually the public over sharing means they’re invading mine.
Old 27 September 2021, 01:11 AM   #87
sickened1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ugiveiswatchuget
Quote:

Completely agree on this one, Seth. When I receive a phone call whether at a restaurant or inside a movie theater, I literally run outside to pick up and answer the call. There are 2 reasons for this, first and foremost, I'm a very private person and don't want anyone to listen in on my conversation. Secondly, so it doesn't disturb people around me (whether they're enjoying their meal, watching a movie, etc).
sickened1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2021, 01:27 AM   #88
whatsthetime?
"TRF" Member

The only time I've ever used FaceTime was with a friend who lives in NC to look at an issue involving his motorcycle and we were both in the privacy of our own homes (garages) and FaceTime came in extremely handy. Otherwise, I NEVER use FaceTime and barley even answer my phone while in public. This is were caller ID comes in handy so I can call them back at my convenience without being rude to others. Remember, most people on the phone in a public establishment are just looking for attention.