The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 10 January 2018, 11:06 AM   #1
rbl
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bark DD
New Adjustable Clasp for Speedy Pro 3570.5

So I’ve been thinking about getting one of these Omega “glidelock” style adjustable clasps, and I’ve been reading online about them. Frankly, Rolex could care less if you want a glidelock clasp. Pay them their huge price, or just deal with not getting it. Omega is much simpler and more rational about it. Not having a nearly unlimited fund forces them to be responsive to their loyal customers demands.

So it turns out there are 3 different adjustable clasps. They have a shorter clasp which has 3 adjustable positions. They also have two larger clasps that each have 5 adjustable positions. These clasps apparently work on many different models. However, it can get very confusing. I know more about Rolexes and which series number and bracelet goes with which model. Also, they seem to have very long model numbers.

In all of my research, I never actually confirmed what specific clasp and links I would need for the 3570.5. After never figuring it out, I called Topper jewelers, which other Omega owners had used before. I called and talked with”cholie,” and she was very helpful. She explained exactly what clasp and links I would need, asked if I wanted their watch guy attach the links to the clasp to save me time (thanks!), and sent it out the same day. I was very impressed with the entire transaction.

Anyway, I installed the clasp with the attached very short links, and it was straightforward. The clasp is a little bit heavier then the standard Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite clasp. The adjustable clasp is very smooth and well made. I had a Sub C for a while, and I would say it’s similar in build quality. That said, the adjustable portion of the Rolex glidelock seems a bit more rugged. The Omega is well made, though, and shouldn’t ever really fail with normal use. All in all I’m very very happy with my new clasp. It makes me want get the seamaster pro diver with an adjustable clasp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2018, 11:08 AM   #2
rbl
"TRF" Member

New Adjustable Clasp for Speedy Pro 3570.5

Also here are the serial numbers from the picture, in case somebody reads this years from now and the pics are gone. I ended up getting the mid size with 5 micro adjustments.

117STZ001154

118STZ000015

Old 10 January 2018, 12:04 PM   #3
CKL1213
"TRF" Member

I read somewhere the parts for the New Speedy Bracelet (screws type) conversion are...

Adjustable Clasp : 117STZ001154 x 1

Links : 118ST1589 x 2

Pins : 128ST0166 x 2

Screws : 124ST3307 x 4

What is 118STZ000015 ?
CKL1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2018, 12:15 PM   #4
rbl
"TRF" Member

I believe it is this end link that is an adapter to fit with the slightly older style bracelet on my 3570.5. I think with newer or different models the clasp attaches directly to the bracelet. My previous gen speedy pro needs the adapter links, which have the two screws

Old 10 January 2018, 12:55 PM   #5
CKL1213
"TRF" Member

nice, one thing I liked Omega is that their bracelet is like a Lego brick, we can mix and match and customize to our liking, almost every parts can be dismantle
CKL1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2018, 11:02 PM   #6
rbl
"TRF" Member

also I had pins and screws as part of my package. I don’t know if they need to be ordered separate or if they are included.

Old 15 January 2018, 09:05 AM   #7
FireMonk3y
"TRF" Member

I just ordered one for my PO, hoping it a straight swap. Guess I'll see in a week or so.
FireMonk3y is offline   Reply With Quote