The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 14 January 2018, 11:25 AM   #1
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Agreed Ben. I guess the 42 ROO with a ceramic bezel is a step in the right direction, but would have loved to see an all-ceramic (this was something my source told me was an absolute no this year.) Overall, some interesting upgrades in material combinations, but nothing substantively new.

I've been told that the 15202IP is going to be north of 40K USD... Gotta rethink that now, actually.
I presume you would trade your old 202 for the new if it looked the business in the flesh rather than add?
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2018, 11:37 AM   #2
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I presume you would trade your old 202 for the new if it looked the business in the flesh rather than add?
I have some hard thinking to do right now. I don't really want to give up a classic piece like the 15202ST, but this one should be quite stunning. I was tipped off by the HK boutique when I was checking out the 15403IP, as I remarked that it would be interesting to see this combo in the 15202. The boutique supervisor told me that I was in luck for SIHH, and that I would be delighted with a "fume" dial, as he remembered I looked at the all-platinum bracelet ROO a few months back and was pleased with the dial.

In person, the 15403IP didn't knock my socks off because of the dial, it was the platinum/Ti juxtaposition that really got my attention. Especially not at the $35,000 price tag it commanded, which is close to double that of the 15400. Even though it's an LE of 200, it's been a slow seller, as I saw 4/6 boutiques in HK still had them on display in December, when they were released in May. It makes me wonder how the 15202IP will sell if they ask $40,000 or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490
32.5 I think.
I'd be surprised if it came in at that price. Considering the 15400 in Ti/Pt is retailing for $35K, and the 26331IP is at $42.7K. The premium AP seems to be putting is close to double the ST retail it seems.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote