The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 17 May 2017, 11:25 PM   #1
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
Birks @ Yorkdale (Toronto) no longer an AD

Hi, just an FYI, I called Birks last week to inquire about a 233 and hopefully get some kind of discount. I was hoping that since the boutique is opening that they'd be more willing to deal with some competition coming. However, I didn't hear back for almost a week from the sales lady as she was trying to secure and R model for me. When I called last night to follow up, I was told that they no longer carry Panerai. I inquired further to say I only called last week and how that was rather sudden. She agreed it was and stated that they got a communication from Panerai on Monday saying that Panerai was pulling their watches and that they were no longer an AD. This was due to the boutique opening in the same mall later this year. So, can anyone tell me what type of discount percentage do other Panerai boutique offer if any?

Tx
Everett
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 12:02 AM   #2
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

The positive is that with the boutique, you'll likely have a better selection and easier access to LEs and SEs.

The negative is that with the boutique, discounts will be more difficult to come by.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 03:44 AM   #3
eal15
"TRF" Member

Bummer but that's what I thought. Especially being a brand new boutique they aren't like to push a discount. I'll wait and see. Im also trying from behind the scenes to see if I'll still be able to get the old style domed crystal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 May 2017, 10:53 PM   #4
mg18
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Did you ever get offered any discount at Birks? Every time I went there to inquire about a watch, it was always, "full price sorry, but we have finance options".
mg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2017, 10:59 PM   #5
nick c
Banned

Same here ^^everytime I go inside ask to see a piece, they saying no discount.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2017, 10:15 AM   #6
DONGinsler
"TRF" Member

Most likely Panerai needed a presence in Yorkdale until the boutique was ready to go.

Not sure when it will be open though

DON
DONGinsler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2017, 04:33 PM   #7
rolexnub
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing TRF
Same here in Vancouver. 2 ADs are no longer selling Panerai. According to them, Panerail will now be sold exclusively through a downtown boutique.
rolexnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2017, 09:30 AM   #8
moofur
"TRF" Member

This is actually good news to me... I literally just came back from Barcelona last night and was able to get a 22% discount there on a 510. I was debating whether or not to buy it since I will likely get charged tax and duties coming back which may not be worth it if Birks would be able to cut me a discount. It's my first Panerai so I wasn't sure how easy discounts are to come by.

Long story short I bit the bullet and bought it, got charged tax and duty but got a NIB 510 for $7600 CAD all in after it's all said and done. Now I feel like I made the right decision.
moofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2017, 09:36 AM   #9
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Yes sad to see them go, but I'm excited that we will now have a Panerai Boutique store!

As Cru stated, more selection to choose from now
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2017, 10:52 AM   #10
nick c
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Yes sad to see them go, but I'm excited that we will now have a Panerai Boutique store!

As Cru stated, more selection to choose from now

Brian I see Panerai in your future
Old 29 May 2017, 11:00 AM   #11
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post
Brian I see Panerai in your future
You are a wise man Nick

So many choices ...
Old 29 May 2017, 11:32 AM   #12
nick c
Banned

Quote:
You are a wise man Nick

So many choices ...

Thank you brother 🙏
Old 29 May 2017, 01:17 PM   #13
DONGinsler
"TRF" Member

You hope so many choices. Doesn't mean we will get the hard to find or special LE models. Those will go the major boutiques in stand alone stores on major shopping streets

Store will be stocked along with the higher amount LE models, but probably won't see any with low production #'s or the high in demand ones

DON
DONGinsler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2017, 11:25 AM   #14
eal15
"TRF" Member

You never know. Torontonians spend more that one might think. Hopefully in the beginning they have good stock but if people buy, they'll bring the watches in.

Old 1 June 2017, 11:27 AM   #15
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONGinsler View Post
You hope so many choices. Doesn't mean we will get the hard to find or special LE models. Those will go the major boutiques in stand alone stores on major shopping streets

Store will be stocked along with the higher amount LE models, but probably won't see any with low production #'s or the high in demand ones

DON
I'm not so sure. Toronto has the largest Rolex Boutique in North America (according to the owner). If Panerai is anything like the Rolex Boutique we will have lots to choose from
Old 3 June 2017, 01:04 AM   #16
u2u
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm not so sure. Toronto has the largest Rolex Boutique in North America (according to the owner). If Panerai is anything like the Rolex Boutique we will have lots to choose from

I think the owner has an embellished view as to the size of his boutique. Perhaps it is the largest in Canada. I hope the Panerai Boutique opening at Yorkdale provides the sort of experience I have had during many visits to NYC. If the experience is akin to the ones I have had at the Rolex Boutique I believe you are referring to, I have bought my last Toronto sourced Panerai.

Been a Rolex fan for almost fifty years, Panerai for a decade. Never met snootier people than at that boutique. Last time I was in I was ready to purchase. Got blown off... so no new Rolex. I did leave for home a couple of hours later with a new 557 on my wrist. In retrospect, the Rolex sales staff did me a favour. I had no expectation of running into a 557 and the shop had just received two. The 557 really ticked a lot of boxes and has been a pleasure to wear. Paired it with a gorgeous Dangerous9 1945 Swiss Army Ammo strap.

I was in Birks May 21st. They claimed their Panerai collection was out for appraisal and would be returning to the store in two weeks for sale prior to the Panerai Boutique opening. They were still able to special order straps and buckles. Might be some transitional confusion but I plan on dropping by to see if the Panerai collection returns.
u2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2017, 01:31 AM   #17
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2u View Post
I think the owner has an embellished view as to the size of his boutique. Perhaps it is the largest in Canada. I hope the Panerai Boutique opening at Yorkdale provides the sort of experience I have had during many visits to NYC. If the experience is akin to the ones I have had at the Rolex Boutique I believe you are referring to, I have bought my last Toronto sourced Panerai.

Been a Rolex fan for almost fifty years, Panerai for a decade. Never met snootier people than at that boutique. Last time I was in I was ready to purchase. Got blown off... so no new Rolex. I did leave for home a couple of hours later with a new 557 on my wrist. In retrospect, the Rolex sales staff did me a favour. I had no expectation of running into a 557 and the shop had just received two. The 557 really ticked a lot of boxes and has been a pleasure to wear. Paired it with a gorgeous Dangerous9 1945 Swiss Army Ammo strap.

I was in Birks May 21st. They claimed their Panerai collection was out for appraisal and would be returning to the store in two weeks for sale prior to the Panerai Boutique opening. They were still able to special order straps and buckles. Might be some transitional confusion but I plan on dropping by to see if the Panerai collection returns.
Sorry to hear your experience at Rolex. The one in referring to is the only boutique in Ontario and second in Canada, located at Square One. Have never had anything but outstanding service at his stores.

I'm heading to the Panerai store tomorrow to check it out. I'm pumped!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 3 June 2017, 01:36 AM   #18
nick c
Banned

Quote:
Sorry to hear your experience at Rolex. The one in referring to is the only boutique in Ontario and second in Canada, located at Square One. Have never had anything but outstanding service at his stores.

Did they open the Panerai store in Yorkdale yet ?
Old 3 June 2017, 01:52 AM   #19
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Did they open the Panerai store in Yorkdale yet ?
I'm not sure, but that's where I'm headed! I just figured it would be open by now .... PLEASE tell me it is

Old 3 June 2017, 01:59 AM   #20
nick c
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure, but that's where I'm headed! I just figured it would be open by now .... PLEASE tell me it is

Last time I been there about 3 weeks ago it was still under construction
Old 3 June 2017, 02:04 AM   #21
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Well I'll let you know how I make out Nick. Was hoping to spot a 690 .... I know , slim chance.

Old 3 June 2017, 04:21 AM   #22
gibbus
"TRF" Member

still not open was there yesterday
gibbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2017, 07:46 AM   #23
nick c
Banned

My son was in Birks yesterday they out of Panerai watches
Old 4 June 2017, 03:01 AM   #24
moofur
"TRF" Member

Posting at Yorkdale as I speak and just walked out of Birks. Asked them about ordering a Panerai strap and was told that they are no longer a Panerai dealer :(
Old 4 June 2017, 04:41 AM   #25
eal15
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My son was in Birks yesterday they out of Panerai watches

They day I posted the original, is the day they sent all there stock. Ask to Richemont. They do not get to sell what they had left.

Old 4 June 2017, 06:00 AM   #26
moofur
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eal15 View Post
They day I posted the original, is the day they sent all there stock. Ask to Richemont. They do not get to sell what they had left.

I was in there today and they had some Panerais. They said that they will be selling what they have but no more.
Old 4 June 2017, 10:01 AM   #27
u2u
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thank you. I got the wrong impression as another dealer was using "boutique" to describe the sizeable Rolex section of their shop. I will have to check out Square One. They are not the shop with the poor service.
u2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2017, 10:27 AM   #28
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2u View Post
Thank you. I got the wrong impression as another dealer was using "boutique" to describe the sizeable Rolex section of their shop. I will have to check out Square One. They are not the shop with the poor service.
If you were at yorkdale it's the same ownership.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 12:24 AM   #29
eal15
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofur View Post
I was in there today and they had some Panerais. They said that they will be selling what they have but no more.

All I can say is that's what they told me. I was trying to purchase a 233 as well. She definitely said they were not to sell anymore. But it's not my favourite store do who knows!

Everett
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 25 June 2017, 06:16 AM   #30
moofur
"TRF" Member

And.... All the stores at Yorkdale are now open :)

I was there yesterday and the service was fantastic.