The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 25 January 2013, 04:49 PM   #91
theseire
"TRF" Member

Abit confused with all these figures. So with the price drop now, what is the exact price of a brand new RG44mm after all the discount?
theseire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2013, 05:50 PM   #92
sushisummo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hmmm......?
Fudge me......I got my RG 44mm late last year. Oh well, love the watch and I guess I will just enjoy wearing it and not worry too much about price......:)

WISHLIST: Too many to list......
Member #23367
sushisummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2013, 06:46 PM   #93
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Good I guess... But I don't like that it might affect the s/h value of my WG ROC.
Old 25 January 2013, 07:26 PM   #94
mb23
Banned

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theseire View Post
Abit confused with all these figures. So with the price drop now, what is the exact price of a brand new RG44mm after all the discount?
Exact prices are still not confirmed. I have confirmed though, that it is not 17% price drop on all models. It is more 20%-28% on models, that is the range. With a 10% dealer hike in costs.

I was given a few prices that are pretty scary, the 44RG is more like 20-22% reduction.

Like many have said, it is what it is at this point. Wear the watch and try to enjoy it.
mb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2013, 07:53 PM   #95
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Any reduction at all on SS?
Old 25 January 2013, 11:53 PM   #96
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Anyone want to sell me their 44RG now???
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 12:12 AM   #97
S``
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Complete conjecture on my part but I'd assume they would be more corrections for precious metal than steel. Their higher prices mean that they also see a higher rate increase assuming across the board flat rate increases. So a 5% increase on a $20k steel watch is only $1k vs a 5% increase on a $60k gold watch is $3k. The higher priced watches would quickly outpace their steel brethren. So in order to avoid a price gap, wouldn't you need periodic corrections downward (gold) or upward (steel)?
Mike - do you tell fortune by any chance?

http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=277065
S`` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 12:17 AM   #98
mb23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S`` View Post

I haven't heard that through yet.
Old 26 January 2013, 12:28 AM   #99
S``
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
I haven't heard that through yet.
Not out the realm of craziness... would be nice to hear yes or no... so that the next Plan of Action could be undertaken
Old 26 January 2013, 12:29 AM   #100
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by S`` View Post

For my next act, I'll make a plat DD2 appear out of thin air! Poof! Heh heh heh
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 12:38 AM   #101
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
The price reduction is only on 44mm rose gold Offshores as its the hardest model for dealers to sell and AP now have a stockpile of them. Some seriously uncool people have been seen wearing this watch and as a result dealer sales figures have tumbled. It's also been reported that some people keep this particular model wrapped up in plastic instead of wearing it - adding to to the growing opinion that it's just not cool!
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 12:38 AM   #102
S``
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For my next act, I'll make a plat DD2 appear out of thin air! Poof! Heh heh heh
Paid or Unpaid one.
Old 26 January 2013, 12:40 AM   #103
mb23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
The price reduction is only on 44mm rose gold Offshores as its the hardest model for dealers to sell and AP now have a stockpile of them. Some seriously uncool people have been seen wearing this watch and as a result dealer sales figures have tumbled. It's also been reported that some people keep this particular model wrapped up in plastic instead of wearing it - adding to to the growing opinion that it's just not cool!
What!!! Completely untrue. AP has not 1 piece in stock of the 44 RG ROOC. They couldn't make enough to fill dealers allocations and at the moment I have 2 on order. I was told late March-April. This watch was a complete success.
Old 26 January 2013, 12:43 AM   #104
S``
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
What!!! Completely untrue. AP has not 1 piece in stock of the 44 RG ROOC. They couldn't make enough to fill dealers allocations and at the moment I have 2 on order. I was told late March-April. This watch was a complete success.
Honestly... I don't think that this is a bad move at all... scare those who bought for "investment" and makes it more affordable for all!
Old 26 January 2013, 12:47 AM   #105
ticketmaster123
Banned

Quote:
It's also been reported that some people keep this particular model wrapped up in plastic instead of wearing it - adding to to the growing opinion that it's just not cool!
ticketmaster123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 12:52 AM   #106
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That's too funny.
Old 26 January 2013, 12:53 AM   #107
S``
"TRF" Member

Quote:
50% off now? get me 2 of them please
Old 26 January 2013, 12:55 AM   #108
mb23
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
That's too funny.
I have to come back in and read this again, that's how funny it was.
Old 26 January 2013, 01:00 AM   #109
Bulliondesk
Banned

Alright fellas.. 99% confirmed and discussed with my good buddy Michael..

Approximately 20-30% reduction in most gold MSRP's. (Still waiting for exact % MSRP decrease and which specific models etc). Wholesale is now 35% for these models from 43-47%. And apparently AP may offer some consolidation to people who have purchased gold pieces very recently. (Still waiting for this to be confirmed from AP).
Bulliondesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 01:09 AM   #110
theseire
"TRF" Member

I got my RG44mm sometime in May 2012, paid about 26% of the MSRP in Singapore for a brand new piece
Old 26 January 2013, 01:20 AM   #111
S``
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I got my RG44mm sometime in May 2012, paid about 26% of the MSRP in Singapore for a brand new piece
26% off MSRP or 26% of the MSRP... big differences lol
Old 26 January 2013, 01:27 AM   #112
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I'll buy a couple at 26% of retail!
Old 26 January 2013, 01:41 AM   #113
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:

This guy is just trying to start something with me for no reason.. You're also speaking to FremStar as well as he too has kept his in the plastic.
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 01:45 AM   #114
theseire
"TRF" Member

Not sure about that 26% of retail, paid about USD46k for my RG44 and USD26k for my FC44. The lowest I have seen a preown RG44 being sold here is about USD43k.
Old 26 January 2013, 01:49 AM   #115
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Not sure about that 26% of retail, paid about USD46k for my RG44 and USD26k for my FC44. The lowest I have seen a preown RG44 being sold here is about USD43k.
So it's 'OFF retail' not 'OF retail'.
Old 26 January 2013, 01:52 AM   #116
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
I have just double confirmed this morning with 2 sources, one an AD owner and another solid source that AP is not, I repeat not charging a 10% premium to the AD's on gold models thus not changing their profit margin's..

I was told any AD that states that their profit margin has changed is just saying this to make more money on the watch due to the decrease by not discounting as much. This is all solid info.

So AD's can still give the same discounts as before the price drop.
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 01:58 AM   #117
S``
"TRF" Member

I don't get the hoo-haa... obviously you bought the watch and paid for it for a price AT THAT PARTICULAR PERIOD... product was delivered per expectation... Anything else like credits should be based on Goodwill and nothing more IMO...
Old 26 January 2013, 02:07 AM   #118
theseire
"TRF" Member

In Singapore, if you go to any of the ADs here, it is next to impossible to see any of the new 44mm's for sale. I have only seen the RG and FC at the boutique here.
Old 26 January 2013, 02:26 AM   #119
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushisummo View Post
Fudge me......I got my RG 44mm late last year. Oh well, love the watch and I guess I will just enjoy wearing it and not worry too much about price......:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
This guy is just trying to start something with me for no reason.. You're also speaking to FremStar as well as he too has kept his in the plastic.
Dude, I hate to tell you this but FremStar is a muppet. He probably only told you to keep the plastic on to make you look like a muppet too.
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 02:57 AM   #120
mb23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
I have just double confirmed this morning with 2 sources, one an AD owner and another solid source that AP is not, I repeat not charging a 10% premium to the AD's on gold models thus not changing their profit margin's..

I was told any AD that states that their profit margin has changed is just saying this to make more money on the watch due to the decrease by not discounting as much. This is all solid info.

So AD's can still give the same discounts as before the price drop.
Not true. It's 100% being raised to keep the watch market level. If they didn't do it dealers would continue to offer the same % and current gold models will crash. I have no cat in the race here, but I do understand the need to raise the margins to dealers. Keeping them the same and changing the prices by 30% would make current gold models fall to less then 50% off on the secondary market. It would be a complete disaster for AP.