The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 April 2017, 10:39 PM   #31
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I believe it. Do you gather it's easier to put faint swirls on the RG vs steel? I know dings and knicks would be easier but I'm just wondering about the light stuff.

If you have it long enough the light patina will be even and won't look bad imho
The gold is softer and does mark up slightly faster than say my old AP Diver but most dings will leave a mark on both. I had about 2/3 marks on both in 1-2 years, so results are about the same. The best thing is just to wear gold bezels as a treat once in a while and where you know it won't come into contact with anything... I've had that jacket for 3 years, never knew it had a button there before!
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2017, 11:22 PM   #32
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
The gold is softer and does mark up slightly faster than say my old AP Diver but most dings will leave a mark on both. I had about 2/3 marks on both in 1-2 years, so results are about the same. The best thing is just to wear gold bezels as a treat once in a while and where you know it won't come into contact with anything... I've had that jacket for 3 years, never knew it had a button there before!
Hmmmm. Would the gold scratch from fabrics? Like from the jacket, or wool sweater? I know some jackets have tougher fabrics for instance. Or maybe a tough denim. Something like that is what I am getting at.

Seems gold bezels are not really good for big watches. Perhaps should stick to the RO instead of the ROO when going gold bezel. Though I'm going to copy your collection soon lol. We have the same taste it seems. I said after this ROO I'm going for the 15202, if I can't get that (4th on my AD waiting list), I'll settle on a steel ROC. Then, it's time for either the all gold nautilus or a gold sub. I'll eventually get both either way.

Well I should caveat getting a 15202 is easy if you are going to pay full price, getting it from my AD at the massive discount he offers is the tough part after AP slowed massively those AD allocations.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2017, 12:32 AM   #33
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Makes sense. I put some packaging tape over a button on a bomber jacket I like to wear my wife thinks I'm nuts.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2017, 05:52 AM   #34
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
Hmmmm. Would the gold scratch from fabrics? Like from the jacket, or wool sweater? I know some jackets have tougher fabrics for instance. Or maybe a tough denim. Something like that is what I am getting at.

Seems gold bezels are not really good for big watches. Perhaps should stick to the RO instead of the ROO when going gold bezel. Though I'm going to copy your collection soon lol. We have the same taste it seems. I said after this ROO I'm going for the 15202, if I can't get that (4th on my AD waiting list), I'll settle on a steel ROC. Then, it's time for either the all gold nautilus or a gold sub. I'll eventually get both either way.

Well I should caveat getting a 15202 is easy if you are going to pay full price, getting it from my AD at the massive discount he offers is the tough part after AP slowed massively those AD allocations.
I don't think fabrics can damage it unless very coarse and that's not been my experience. Full gold AP and PP watches are very beautiful and expensive so they should be pampered and taken care of, we have other watches for the devil may care harder yards. As I have a RG ROO I paired it with the RG Nautilus for my ideal PM AP/PP pair.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote