The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 July 2021, 03:19 AM   #1
np2016
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP,
What are my chances?

I own two Omega timepieces a Constellation and a Sea-master I purchased years ago but unfortunately both AD's no longer exist. I own multiple sport model Rolexes Daytona 116500ln, Gmt-II, AP'S, and Patek's 5711 and 5167a unfortunately none carry Omega. I am looking to try to purchase a 310.32.42.50.02.001 Speedmaster snoopy or at least get on a legit list. There is no Omega boutique in Ohio so what are my chances? I know its all about purchase history which I have none with any boutique. I am not a flipper or reseller but genuinely want this model. Is it possible to get on a list or am I just wasting my time trying?
np2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 06:26 AM   #2
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Wasting your time at this point. Your best chance of getting on a list was last year before anything was announced.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 09:44 AM   #3
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Fwiw I was told by my local Omega Boutique last week that the lists were closed. Per him, hq took over allocations and would produce for 2-3 years to fill all Boutique deposits with property to 1) clients with spend history, 2) then those without. Then 3) any excess goes to ADs and they can do as they deem fit. Local boutique was putting out of state clients on its list initially but now list closed to everyone. I’m in bucket 2.

This is all from Omega boutique manager, not me. Don’t know how accurate it is, just relaying his info.

There is a massive thread here and an even more massive one at OF. I lost track of those but there may be some good info there.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 12:05 PM   #4
Chinballs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
Fwiw I was told by my local Omega Boutique last week that the lists were closed. Per him, hq took over allocations and would produce for 2-3 years to fill all Boutique deposits with property to 1) clients with spend history, 2) then those without. Then 3) any excess goes to ADs and they can do as they deem fit.
I was told the same thing by the Omega Boutique here in Brisbane, Australia. Waitlists closed and HQ doing allocations.

Talking to my regular AD, they haven't even been given a timeframe of when they might receive any and the manager himself doesn't expect anything for at least 18months. When I suggested they might not get any at all he didn't really disagree.

I am on the (closed long ago) list at my AD and he says if they actually get any I have a good chance but I'm not getting my hopes up that I'll receive one. The other Omega AD in my city has over 100 names on thir list as well so I hate to see how long the lists at Omega Boutiques got before they shut them down.
Chinballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 10:19 PM   #5
np2016
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the info I assumed my chances were damn near 0% but this just confirms it. Crazy how when I called a few Omega boutiques on the East coast they were all trying to pitch me to buy other Omega timepieces I didn't want to establish some history with them. The whole time knowing my chances were 0% to get what I really wanted. Pretty damn shameless to me at least be honest with potential clients and say 0% or list closed.
Old 18 July 2021, 10:27 PM   #6
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by np2016 View Post
Thanks for the info I assumed my chances were damn near 0% but this just confirms it. Crazy how when I called a few Omega boutiques on the East coast they were all trying to pitch me to buy other Omega timepieces I didn't want to establish some history with them. The whole time knowing my chances were 0% to get what I really wanted. Pretty damn shameless to me at least be honest with potential clients and say 0% or list closed.

Yes. The second they get a hot model or 2 they go full Rolex.

To be fair to Rolex my SA doesn't do this but my SA for other brands (VC, Lange) does it shamelessly with texts about IWC and Blancpain.
Old 18 July 2021, 10:49 PM   #7
np2016
"TRF" Member

@eepro I have heard of some AD's that would bundle, make up lists, and do shady things to make a sale but didn't expect that from a boutique I assume owned by the manufacturer.