The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 November 2012, 07:41 AM   #61
matbaj
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 & 5167
from my experiences here in the UK the best its to buy brand new from ad or if used privately or ebay if you are knowledgeable it will save you a fortune. preowned watch shops and grey dealers are extremely overpriced looking to make at least £500-1500 on every Rolex they sell and most watches are heavily overpolished to look shiny very difficult to find truly mint examples, no to mention their bad, full of themselves attitude and sometimes even rude especially in London.

Second Time Round: I dont like the place as their watches look badly refurbished they are rude especially the old dude and they lie to you sometimes although a bit less expensive overall

David Duggan (Burlington Arcade): They have some nice watches, found them to be more polite but nothing too great about them but very high prices example an used 114270 will set you £3200 ($5000)

Heming (Burlington Arcade): Their used watches come all wrapped in tape, they know nothing about watches prices also very high

Armour Winston (Burlington Arcade): Found them neutral but also high prices example used 14060M - £3800 ($6000)

Watchfinder: Overpriced when buying, bad prices when selling or trading, rude people they will never get a penny from me.

Watches.co.uk - Pricey but they update their website everyday and are good at describing condition of the watch, also you have to make an appointment first to view the watch.
matbaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2012, 07:59 AM   #62
jwe
"TRF" Member

http://watchclub-px.rtrk.co.uk
http://www.armourwinston.co.uk
http://www.parkersjewellers.co.uk/store/
jwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2012, 12:20 AM   #63
CJ01
"TRF" Member

Has anyone got any experience with Iconic Watches? Prices look good.
CJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2012, 02:37 AM   #64
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Remember anything in the Burlington will be top money and not a true representation of UK used watch prices, the overheads alone in that location will be off the scale.

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2012, 06:46 AM   #65
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Xupes are a proffessional outfit, with an office to view the watch first.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2012, 05:56 AM   #66
Boris-b
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 lv Milguass
Anybody dealt with Marcus Hardy? Vintage-watch-collection been looking at early oyster through him at the moment. All seems to good to be true!
Boris-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2013, 10:27 PM   #67
jerseyden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris-b View Post
Anybody dealt with Marcus Hardy? Vintage-watch-collection been looking at early oyster through him at the moment. All seems to good to be true!
I know what you mean. I was looking to buy some 1930s pieces from him last year, but kept hearing dodgey reports. His web site looks very good and some of the watches he emailed looked fantastic. However, as you say, seemed too good to be true. Hope I am wrong.
jerseyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2013, 08:32 PM   #68
chaudri
"TRF" Member

I bought a pre owned GMT Master Rolex Pepsi Bezel 16700 from a dealer in Southport called belljewellers, www.belljewellers.co.uk , after a recommendation from here. Really pleased with it!
chaudri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2013, 07:42 PM   #69
watsonwatches

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
Miltonaires is another dog turd outfit we keep getting bad reports on, and when the owner posts on TRF it's usually utter nonsense. he tries to offer his view on the economy like he's some Sir Mervyn King / Dr Ben Bernanke addressing the globe on CNN.

According to Daily Mail it's a pawnshop / cash for gold. If I was a Daily Sport or The Sun reader I'm sure their ads would feature next to the dirty numbers.

"We're seeing professional yummy-mummies in here every day of the week at the moment, coming in to pay for the family summer holiday,' says Milton."

Well, at least they're true to what Warren Buffet says: buy low, sell high!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz23Sn969x0

Read this glorious review from Who's Who.

Miltonaires: rubbish service r us

(actual photo of Miltonaires employee . The only thing that differentiates this geezer and an East London pawnbroker is the rubbish suit and the lack of an 18K gold tooth)
LOL
watsonwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2016, 07:45 AM   #70
andu.nemtanu
"TRF" Member

SCAM (be aware!): www.vintage-watches-collection.com/Marcus Hardy

Dear fellow watch lovers,

I was SCAMMED all the way through by Marcus Hardy who has an account opened at Barclays Bank in Hull, UK.
Here is my story:
Instead of a Longines watch that cost me 870 pounds (more than 1.000 euros !!!) I got an envelope containing some stuffed nylon and a cheap cigar. Fortunately for me, there was an unexpected delay at my local bank in sending him the money and he made the mistake of sending the package in advance, thinking that the money would be in his account by the time the package arrived. Nevertheless there was a chance in a million for me to recover the money I sent via an international bank transfer to vintage-watch-collection account (be aware that the name Marcus Hardy doesn't appear anywhere in the banking account info he sends you), but God was with me on this and my local bank was able to cantact Barklays Bank from Hull, Uk, to inform them about the fraud just couple of hours before the money would have entered his account.
NOTE that he is a proffesionally trained SCAMMER and if some of you got the watched from his (even if fake or with redials or any other issues), you were extremely lucky!!! Surely many others like myself got only EMPTY packages with cigars inside.
I googled ''cigar and Marcus Hardy" and discovered he had purchased the cigars from ebay asking the seller to complete the transaction outside EBAY!!! Why? For the same reason he WILL NEVER ACCEPT a PAYPAL payment, even if you offer to pay the fees on his behalf, not wanting his name and personal information linked with any kind of fraud.
He is extremely carefull in avoiding all the classic mistakes that would make you think he is a SCAMMER, like telling you: "Sadly, our website is 4 years out of date and all the watches on it were sold long ago. We are so busy now that we never have the time to update our websiteis" afterwards the more the discussion advances he wil tell you there is no hurry at all for you to complete the transaction or even offering you the chance to pick up the watch in person or by one of your friends living in the UK, all of these being nothing more than LIES to make you trust him.
ALSO, he is extremely fast answering at all of the emails you send him before you complete the transaction, no matter the hour you send it (I was replied in minutes at 11 PM, at 2 AM, at 10 AM, at 1 PM, at 7 PM), BUT when the SCAM starts to smell YOU WILL RECEIVE NO FURTHER ANSWER FROM Marcus Hardy what so ever.
BE AWARE fellow watch lovers, I fell in love with a Longines watch (that he sent me a picture of) and so I ignored all the rational thoughts telling me to avoid him, he is counting on this to SCAM you. In the end my loss was about 60 pounds (80 euros) which includes the bank transfer fees to send and recover the money AND he also lost his cheap cigar and the cost of mailing it to me from UK to Romania, about 12 pounds (10 euros).
If I was reading this like one you is doing now, I would definately stay away of any MARCUS HARDY or of any other name linked with watches sales that are somehow connected with Hull, Yorkshire and a BARCLAYS BANK account and that excludes PAYPAL.
We should all join forces together in an attempt to make vintage-watches-collection.com/ dissapear for the face of internet.
I was SCAMMED by many sellers on ebay for example, but each time I was able to recover my money from PAYPAL no questions asked, so I still buy stuff there, but I'm telling you: BEFORE YOU SEND INTERNATIONAL MONEY ON A BANK TRANSFER to anyone, no matter how proffesional they speak or write back to you, you MUST think about it 10 times and afterwards take the decision.
After reading this, if you still want to deal with http://www.vintage-watches-collection.com/MARCUS HARDY or any other crook name he will take in the future, that means you are filthy rich and you don't care about money loss, so please contact me as well and send me some free money because I sure damn deserve it after spending so much time trying to speak out the truth :)

P.S: I also suspect the name and account of a so called "Adam" guy, suposebly a watch expert who praises Marcus Hardy's expertise and character, telling us all that this SCAMMER was actually his mentor in the past and that he purchased a lot of great watches from him, is really a fake account of Mr. Marcus Hardy to make us trust him even more. This is what confused me in the first place and after decided to do business with this crook.

Alexandru Nemtanu from Romania
andu.nemtanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2016, 02:57 AM   #71
andu.nemtanu
"TRF" Member

I was contacted by Marcus Hardy this morning. Now I started to think there may have been a missunderstanding from my side and that he may have turned out to be an honest seller afterall, although I still don't agree with his way of business.
My mistake was I didn't check the stuffed nylon thoroughly before throwing it away, it may have contained the watch. I asked the administrator to delete my post, hopefully he will do it!
andu.nemtanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 07:46 AM   #72
marselluswallace
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116506
Another vote for watchcentre on Old Bond Street here.Myself and other family members have bought many high value watches from them over the last 12 years or so(the latest being my platinum Daytona)and have been very happy with the prices and service.
marselluswallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 05:58 PM   #73
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by apj0524 View Post
Recently bought a GMT Pepsi from

http://www.watchesofdistinction.com/...e/rolex_sports

Been well happy they have a shop in Lymington to view and sell over the internet

I have used these guys, no issues

also Micheal Matthews in Bournemouth have a large Rolex inventory. Prices are not the cheapest but convenient. They have a website.

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 07:07 PM   #74
aw662
"TRF" Member

Watch: Date Just ii
Although technically a world wide thing. I hear chrono 24 is usually pretty good? If you keep your search within the UK should be fine? Anyone had any dealings through chrono 24 that can comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aw662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 07:35 PM   #75
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw662 View Post
Although technically a world wide thing. I hear chrono 24 is usually pretty good? If you keep your search within the UK should be fine? Anyone had any dealings through chrono 24 that can comment?

I use Chrono24 to see what's around and as a price check, but I don't purchase through it....I go to see the people (and the watch).

16803. 214270. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 07:48 PM   #76
Daycruiser
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO 5712
Pre Owned in the uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw662 View Post

I have purchased and forged great friendships with many dealers abroad from using chrono24.

Here are a few tricks

1. Always buy from a "trusted dealer", chrono24 awards this badge to dealers who have met certain criteria.

2. Google the shop, find its location and contact details and send an email directly to the company citing chrono24 as the place you found them.

If Google turns out nothing, use google map and search for the address of the said "shop" if it looks like one the bingo, if it's some alley way in some Russian industrial complex, stay away. You can contact these guys via chrono24.

3. When you approach, do not ask questions. Just state that you want a deal, perhaps even name a price (always lowball 15-20%) this is the magic number for me to hook the seller in.

4. Now he is hooked, ask for Certs, photos of the watch taken with today's newspaper, ask for more photos and detailed questions about its service history and so on. Do your due diligence.

5. You made a deal, now for payment. For watches over a certain amount, any dealer worth his salt will insure the thing before using either Ferrari or FedEx. If that's the case paying in full is normally the practice. If you are paying by bank transfer instead of PayPal make sure you get a further discount as you are baring all the admin cost of the payment.

Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 08:05 PM   #77
Daycruiser
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by marselluswallace View Post
Another vote for watchcentre on Old Bond Street here.Myself and other family members have bought many high value watches from them over the last 12 years or so(the latest being my platinum Daytona)and have been very happy with the prices and service.

Second that, great people.

Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 09:00 PM   #78
RRGHOST1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT SubC Blue
Up to now I have now bought three watches from Miltonaires and have not been more pleased with every purchase. Haywood Milton is a top guy, very knowledgeable, I would not hesitate to buy again from him again.
I await the usual vitriolic response from Puffy, but I know plenty of other people who have been there and have been very satisfied with their purchases.
Old 28 July 2016, 09:42 PM   #79
aw662
"TRF" Member

Watch: Date Just ii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
I have purchased and forged great friendships with many dealers abroad from using chrono24.

Here are a few tricks

1. Always buy from a "trusted dealer", chrono24 awards this badge to dealers who have met certain criteria.

2. Google the shop, find its location and contact details and send an email directly to the company citing chrono24 as the place you found them.

If Google turns out nothing, use google map and search for the address of the said "shop" if it looks like one the bingo, if it's some alley way in some Russian industrial complex, stay away. You can contact these guys via chrono24.

3. When you approach, do not ask questions. Just state that you want a deal, perhaps even name a price (always lowball 15-20%) this is the magic number for me to hook the seller in.

4. Now he is hooked, ask for Certs, photos of the watch taken with today's newspaper, ask for more photos and detailed questions about its service history and so on. Do your due diligence.

5. You made a deal, now for payment. For watches over a certain amount, any dealer worth his salt will insure the thing before using either Ferrari or FedEx. If that's the case paying in full is normally the practice. If you are paying by bank transfer instead of PayPal make sure you get a further discount as you are baring all the admin cost of the payment.

Thanks for your response. Those tips are greatly appreciated! I've seen a few good deals on watches I like so wanted to get some feedback of the service beforehand. Thanks again.

aw662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 01:11 AM   #80
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post

Here are a few tricks

My dealer came through Chrono24. In fact we met at my office to look at the piece I was interested in, before I made the purchase. Now with 3 or 4 more deals, I won't go anywhere else.
rootbeer7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2016, 04:39 AM   #81
Chalet
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5x Rolex Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by apj0524 View Post
Recently bought a GMT Pepsi from

http://www.watchesofdistinction.com/...e/rolex_sports

Been well happy they have a shop in Lymington to view and sell over the internet

Another thumbs up for these guys. Easy purchase and all as described. Giles and Ian both straight forward and a pleasure to deal with at a fair price.
Chalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 03:07 AM   #82
RJM25R
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGHOST1 View Post
Up to now I have now bought three watches from Miltonaires and have not been more pleased with every purchase. Haywood Milton is a top guy, very knowledgeable, I would not hesitate to buy again from him again.
I await the usual vitriolic response from Puffy, but I know plenty of other people who have been there and have been very satisfied with their purchases.
Old thread bump but I’ve used Miltons twice for purchasing Rolex Submariners, have experience their help getting me a link for another Rolex (bought elsewhere) and helped a friend (and member on here) authenticate and validate a Rolex GMT that I subsequently purchased.

The best of the best in my opinion….
RJM25R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2021, 12:02 AM   #83
RJM25R
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
Old thread bump but I’ve used Miltons twice for purchasing Rolex Submariners, have experience their help getting me a link for another Rolex (bought elsewhere) and helped a friend (and member on here) authenticate and validate a Rolex GMT that I subsequently purchased.

The best of the best in my opinion….
Just bought a Milgauss from him too.
RJM25R is offline   Reply With Quote