The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 18 July 2021, 09:59 AM   #1
Emiliomcol
"TRF" Member

Watch: Some
Question on Jomashop

Good afternoon folks!

I was looking online for a Omega Sea Master 300 blue dial on strap and found out JomaShop has one brand new for a significant discount compare to retail, supposedly is brand new and authentic but I wonder if anyone has experience buying from them and how was it?

Thanks in advanced for any tips/advice.

Have a great weekend all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Emiliomcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 10:02 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Jomashop is a Grey Market source for many brands and has been in business for years.
Old 18 July 2021, 12:06 PM   #3
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Jomashop is GTG, I've bought a couple of watches from them- no worries on authenticity.
Old 18 July 2021, 12:16 PM   #4
sakolander
"TRF" Member

I have purchased several watches from them....none too expensive(less than $2000)....
All brand new and authentic....they do have a great discount and ship it
out quickly IF it is in stock....check on that before you buy....
Remember, no manufacture's warranty...that is ok....
You take a small risk if there is a problem, but less likely with a quality brand!
sakolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 12:24 PM   #5
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Never had any issues with Jomashop. You will not get a manufacturer's warranty card with your watch, only a Jomashop warranty.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 12:27 PM   #6
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
It's a great place to get a seamaster for the best price. You can sometimes shop their eBay store and get another 10%.
Old 18 July 2021, 01:53 PM   #7
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliomcol View Post
Good afternoon folks!

I was looking online for a Omega Sea Master 300 blue dial on strap and found out JomaShop has one brand new for a significant discount compare to retail, supposedly is brand new and authentic but I wonder if anyone has experience buying from them and how was it?

Thanks in advanced for any tips/advice.

Have a great weekend all!

I purchased my Omega Seamaster from then around 2006. I had no issues and have no reason to think anything they sell isn't authentic. I could be mistaken in saying this, but I don't believe they include warranty cards with any of their watches. I haven't shopped there in a while, but it was like a 2 year in house warranty or something when I purchased.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 08:43 PM   #8
Emiliomcol
"TRF" Member

Thanks you all for letting me know on this and is really good to know about the warranty card.

Old 18 July 2021, 09:13 PM   #9
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
As stated above you do not get a warranty card and that is significant in valuing the watch. Should you decide to sell or trade the watch you will typically lose any savings you had and more. Look at our Trusted Sellers, DavidSW's website, has several that are complete with the card and in the same price range. You can negotiate with him and have the watch the next day by lunch after you pay. For the same money or close to it why not have an in place active warranty? Good luck, you have selected a cool watch. Let us know what you decide.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 09:24 PM   #10
kauffee
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN, 116500LN
I would recommend avoiding Jomashop due to the warranty issue, especially now that the Omega warranty is 5 years. If something goes wrong are you going to want some random jomashop watchmaker trying to fix it? No, you’re going to want it sent to Omega. Pay an extra couple of bucks from one of the trusted sellers and get the Omega warranty.
kauffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 10:47 PM   #11
Emiliomcol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
As stated above you do not get a warranty card and that is significant in valuing the watch. Should you decide to sell or trade the watch you will typically lose any savings you had and more. Look at our Trusted Sellers, DavidSW's website, has several that are complete with the card and in the same price range. You can negotiate with him and have the watch the next day by lunch after you pay. For the same money or close to it why not have an in place active warranty? Good luck, you have selected a cool watch. Let us know what you decide.

You have a great point, I will definitely check on DavidSW, I do like to have all the papers and warranty if possible. I have always so far purchase from AD so this would be my first adventure on the Grey Market.

Thanks!

Old 18 July 2021, 10:48 PM   #12
Emiliomcol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauffee View Post
I would recommend avoiding Jomashop due to the warranty issue, especially now that the Omega warranty is 5 years. If something goes wrong are you going to want some random jomashop watchmaker trying to fix it? No, you’re going to want it sent to Omega. Pay an extra couple of bucks from one of the trusted sellers and get the Omega warranty.

Thanks for the advice as well and yes I would definitely like the Omega warranty instead of a third party.

Old 18 July 2021, 10:51 PM   #13
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
The money you save more than offsets the chance you'll have to pay for a $550 service out of pocket inside of 5 years.

You'll get hammered on omega resale no matter what. Email and ask for a quote pretending you lost the card. Find it the next day and watch it explode in value? No. It will barely budge.
Old 18 July 2021, 11:22 PM   #14
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

I've purchased a couple of watches from Joma and the experience has been great. They even replaced a Seio that had a misaligned dial for me. I sent pics of what I was referring to, and the replacement was perfect (dial-wise).

I have been on the fence ordering a discontinued Rolex from them (white dial OP36)... but I waited too long and now it's not available. They didn't jack up the price like most secondary markets... so it was attractive. I should have gone ahead...but I didn't
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 01:24 AM   #15
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Don't do it, no manufacturer warranty. I got burned on a Seiko once with Joma and learned my lesson.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 01:36 AM   #16
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
I guess it's a matter of playing the odds, so to speak, with the warranty card. How much are you saving with the Jomashop deal vs what are the odds of requiring a warranty repair during the warranty period? Out of all the watches I've purchased over the last 30 years, I've required warranty service on one Rokex; I sent it in twice for the same issue and it was never resolved anyhow.

Resale value with or without the warranty card? As others have said, you're taking a hit on Omega, unless you buy it at a steal. By the time you want to sell it, an expired warranty card isn't going to bring much, if any value. To me, I'd value a warranty card on an Omega at about $500 when purchasing a new watch. Meaning, if I was saving that much or more, Jomashop here I come.

I think the thread got derailed from the point of Jomashop being a good/trustworthy place to purchase, in which case - it is.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 12:46 AM   #17
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Jomashop is legit. They sell authentic watches, but they can sometimes overestimate their time to delivery. They will advertise watches as being in stock and then when ordered you could get an email saying the watch won't be in stock for a few weeks. This did happen to me on one occasion. They did eventually deliver and everything worked out. The only other time I ordered from them I got my watch the next day. It can be hit or miss.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 01:32 AM   #18
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
Jomashop is legit. They sell authentic watches, but they can sometimes overestimate their time to delivery. They will advertise watches as being in stock and then when ordered you could get an email saying the watch won't be in stock for a few weeks. This did happen to me on one occasion. They did eventually deliver and everything worked out. The only other time I ordered from them I got my watch the next day. It can be hit or miss.
So they middle man pieces that they do not own……..hard pass just based on that
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 02:58 AM   #19
wjj
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II BLNR
I bought an AT chrono with the blue dial from Jomashop not long ago. Awesome watch. New and unworn. Stickers. The watch was discontinued a couple years ago but there are still some unworn ones with box and papers (sans the warranty card) floating around. I saved nearly 50% from the MSRP that a boutique was going to charge me if they could track one down internally. I saved $4,400. The transaction was flawless. The watch came when promised and was new with the box and papers other than the warranty card. Jomashop warranty for a new Omega is 4 years. I have only had one watch ever need warranty service (Tudor GMT for the date issue) and none of my or my wife’s Rolex or Omega watches have ever needed warranty service. So it seemed to be a low risk no brainer. $4,400 would buy an awful lot of service if ever needed. I have only sold one watch after owning it for over 10 years. Card or no card did not matter at that point.
wjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 03:51 AM   #20
stockae92
"TRF" Member

I bought from Jomashop a few things with no issue. Actually, I did have issue but it was taken care of to my satisfaction.

One watch has an issue with the crown, emailed them, they send return label, money refunded.

Another one had a problem with winding like a year later. Emailed them, sent it to their service, repaired and returned to me, no service charge since its still within their warranty.
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 12:54 AM   #21
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
So they middle man pieces that they do not own……..hard pass just based on that
Yeah, I mean that's a fair assessment. I am not sure what their exactly acquisition process is. I'd just be certain 100% that they have a watch in stock. If they do, I found their response and shipment time comparable to any other reputable grey seller.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2021, 11:36 AM   #22
tvandevelde
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
I've had great luck with Jomashop. They ran a special in 2017 on Omega Planet Ocean 9900 chronos on steel. I think they had 9 in stock. Blue and black variant on steel. I called, made a deal and bought them all for $4500 each.

Even though they are new pieces, consider them as is. I would never let Joma, Watmaxx, AuthenticWatches, etc. do any servicing on my watches.

If you are not buying a Rolex, who cares about the warranty card. You lose 50% on an Omega walking out the door.
tvandevelde is offline   Reply With Quote