The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 28 January 2021, 02:46 AM   #31
Minimalist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
This watch looks so much better on the rubber and the mesh! Very nice writeup and photos.

The next evolution of the Seamaster is to finally address the non-tapered bracelet and to, yes, lose the HEV that nobody wants. I haven't encountered many people online who have said "I like it!" in reference to the HEV - at best you see "I don't even notice it." If Omega is bound and determined to retain this gimmick then keep it on the Planet Ocean which comes with 600m WR.

Personally I'd prefer a smaller and thinner case as well, but we can meet in the middle. A redesigned, tapered bracelet and no HEV would go a long ways.
100% agree re: the HEV and bracelet. I think if they get rid of the HEV and sort out the bracelet this would make the SM perfect (for me at least).
Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 03:15 AM   #32
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post
100% agree re: the HEV and bracelet. I think if they get rid of the HEV and sort out the bracelet this would make the SM perfect (for me at least).
While the tapered bracelet might happen, I have changed my view on this a little bit, given that all the new watches are coming out with a 4mm or so taper.

HEV isnt going anywhere. Its like the cyclops. Love it or hate it. Its staying and I personally like it quite a bit.
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 04:00 AM   #33
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0d View Post
HEV isnt going anywhere. Its like the cyclops. Love it or hate it. Its staying and I personally like it quite a bit.
Yes, this is the rationalization I always see for the HEV. The problem I have with that rationale is that the "cyclops" goes back to 1953 whereas Omega's HEV (in its current form) goes back to roughly the mid-90s. I just don't see it as something steeped in history and tradition that is an absolute must for Omega to retain. If it must stay then at least make it smaller (like the previous gen) or preferably make it similar to the HEVs on the SD & Pelagos. Opinions of course vary but to me it is an unnecessary and unsightly gimmick.
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 04:38 AM   #34
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Blue rubber on the blue dial go really well together. I want! Haha great choice
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 04:47 AM   #35
JodyHighroller
Banned

Omega’s bracelets is not their strongpoint and I feel it holds the 300m diver line back.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 06:19 AM   #36
phillyEagles
"TRF" Member

Watch: Two tone Sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillyEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 08:28 AM   #37
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many to narrow
UPDATE:

For those of you saying the Milanese was too dainty on the Seamaster, I just got in a 3mm thick version which is about 1mm thicker than the one pictured and it's pretty much the same thickness as the OEM NTTD band. Take a look:

Only difference is that the thicker one is polished and the thinner one is brushed. Both are equally as secure and well constructed. Definitely a contender against the fixed adjustment NTTD and all for $19.99.
Spikedlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 03:33 PM   #38
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many to narrow
Spikedlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 08:37 PM   #39
Rochester585
"TRF" Member

looks great, i have the same blue seaman and i think im going to order a 3mm mesh for it just to experiment. hoping the 3mm comes in a brushed finish as well, if not, since its only 20 bucks, ill do my best to brush it myself, if it comes out horrible ill order another one

thank you for this great thread and some excellent detailed photos
Rochester585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 11:34 PM   #40
Iflylo
"TRF" Member

Awesome thread OP. Thanks for all the work and info.
Old 29 January 2021, 12:25 AM   #41
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
I agree about the stock bracelet. I wanted to love it for the microadjust but the edges were sharp enough to slice paper.

Blue OEM rubber for the win.
Old 29 January 2021, 07:57 AM   #42
Texans93
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedlee View Post
UPDATE:

For those of you saying the Milanese was too dainty on the Seamaster, I just got in a 3mm thick version which is about 1mm thicker than the one pictured and it's pretty much the same thickness as the OEM NTTD band. Take a look:

Only difference is that the thicker one is polished and the thinner one is brushed. Both are equally as secure and well constructed. Definitely a contender against the fixed adjustment NTTD and all for $19.99.
Ordered, thanks for all the legwork and pictures....Will post some once it arrives next week!
Texans93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2021, 01:23 AM   #43
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Here it is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And yes you are correct but it doesn't slide up and down on its own easily and it would require force so the elasticity works well in your favor.
Just got it today. Thanks again for the suggestion. Man this thing is beyond comfortable. Nice to have an inexpensive nato option for this watch. The Tudor OEM nato is nearly $200. I like $18.99 better

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2021, 01:53 AM   #44
Jster
2024 Pledge Member

That mesh looks great on the SMP. I don’t know, I may like the thinner one better.
Jster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2021, 10:50 PM   #45
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I do like the NATO on the Tudor GMT. Just bought one on Amazon.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2021, 10:56 PM   #46
Mac-427
"TRF" Member

I took a serious look at the Uncle Seiko Holzer bracelet for my 300m until I saw a number of threads that complained about case scratching between the lugs. The scratching resulted from imperfect alignment of the end links and the watch case. Although customization can be fun, a closer look at my Omega band showed no end link movement at all. This, and the fact that I like the Omega band, caused me to leave well enough alone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seamaster.jpg (97.5 KB, 281 views)
Mac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2021, 01:15 AM   #47
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I do like the NATO on the Tudor GMT. Just bought one on Amazon.
I'm already getting some fraying at the holes and end of the strap. Not a huge deal on a $18 strap but it's there. I hear you can use a lighter to stop it but I haven't tried yet. I read about the fraying on a few reviews so I knew it would probably happen. Again, it wouldn't prevent me from buying it. Looks and feels great.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
Old 1 February 2021, 12:36 AM   #48
1William

Thanks for the information. It is not a deal killer for me at the price. I have done the lighter trick before with some NATO's and will probably just do it from the start with this strap. I am looking forward to getting it and giving it a try.
Old 1 February 2021, 08:45 AM   #49
AdamW
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Omega's clasps and bracelets have always been their Achilles' heel on their sport line. Sharp, does not define it LOL! I have a 300 and you literally could shave with it. It's the one thing that keeps me from completely giving up the ghost of a Rolex sport watch.

" I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks $h!t" - Mitch Hedburgh
AdamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2021, 09:18 AM   #50
SPMN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Omega
Way to put in the effort on this thread, OP. The pictures and reviews are really appreciated. Does anyone have the bracelet and not think it's a big deal? I've been itching to get a new watch and this is one of the contenders. I prefer bracelets to rubber straps or natos, so a bad bracelet is a pretty big turnoff for me. Luckily, I'm not terribly picky, so it would have to be really bad to cause a problem.
SPMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2021, 09:23 AM   #51
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPMN View Post
Way to put in the effort on this thread, OP. The pictures and reviews are really appreciated. Does anyone have the bracelet and not think it's a big deal? I've been itching to get a new watch and this is one of the contenders. I prefer bracelets to rubber straps or natos, so a bad bracelet is a pretty big turnoff for me. Luckily, I'm not terribly picky, so it would have to be really bad to cause a problem.

If you're comfortable taking a few strokes of a jewelers file to a couple hot spots (10 mil chamfer or so) it can be made very comfortable. Overall the bracelet just needs a good service polish to be a killer bracelet with the quick adjust.
Old 2 February 2021, 03:00 AM   #52
ericg
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/SubC/SMP 300
I picked up a new white dial seamaster 300 last week and was told by the salesguy at the Omega Boutique that putting an Aqua Terra rubber strap with deployant clasp was no problem. Strap, Clasp and pins...about $800
ericg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2021, 04:29 AM   #53
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericg View Post
I picked up a new white dial seamaster 300 last week and was told by the salesguy at the Omega Boutique that putting an Aqua Terra rubber strap with deployant clasp was no problem. Strap, Clasp and pins...about $800
Interesting... Is this the AT strap with the stainless link at the end? With the AT being a 41 and SMP a 42 I'm surprised that they are interchangeable. Can't wait to see the pictures. Bet it looks great.
Old 2 February 2021, 02:42 PM   #54
ericg
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/SubC/SMP 300
I’ve seen the AT rubber on the seamaster in another forum and it did look great. $800 is a a bit much I think to make the change, so I’ll stick with my omega rubber strap that came with the watch
ericg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2021, 05:57 PM   #55
shalako
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPMN View Post
I have the bracelet and I have always found it both comfortable and great looking and I’ve owned this watch for over a year now, my only criticism is about the rubber strap option because I’m not keen on buckles and prefer deployant clasps so I find it frustrating they don’t use the same deployant option for the rubber straps as they do on the Planet Ocean models.

shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2021, 01:18 AM   #56
1William

This NATO came in the mail yesterday and I think it looks good on my Tudor GMT. Thanks for the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210201_141639 (002).jpg (141.5 KB, 213 views)
Old 26 November 2021, 11:52 PM   #57
spacemanvt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Over the weekend I picked up a new blue Seamaster 300M on rubber strap.
Thanks for putting this thread together! i just picked up the blue Seamaster this weekend, do you have any update on how you like these straps?

Which mesh bracelet did you end up preferring? Did you get any other straps? I am looking to get a couple in prep for the watch arriving
spacemanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2021, 12:43 AM   #58
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
My New Seamaster 300M - I Hate the Stock Bracelet! Options Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalako View Post
I have the bracelet and I have always found it both comfortable and great looking and I’ve owned this watch for over a year now, my only criticism is about the rubber strap option because I’m not keen on buckles and prefer deployant clasps so I find it frustrating they don’t use the same deployant option for the rubber straps as they do on the Planet Ocean models.

I like the stock bracelet too. I think this watch looks funny on a different bracelet. I don’t mind the rubber strap but I do prefer the bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2021, 06:48 AM   #59
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Yes, I agree on the 300m bracelets; I much prefer the PO bracelet with the female end links at the lugs.

Even though it's 43mm, it wears smaller than a 42mm 300m with the male end links coming off the lugs.
WilsdorfNDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2021, 11:58 PM   #60
Mac-427
"TRF" Member

I've had my 300M for about a year. I wear it 24/7. I like the bracelet as it matches the rugged appearance of the watch. The absence of a taper doesn't bother me in the slightest. I also think the HEV is cool. I'll never need it because the closest I'll get to a dive is in the shower but the HEV is a reminder of the amazing capability of the watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seamaster.jpg (97.5 KB, 136 views)
Mac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote