The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 February 2020, 08:34 AM   #1
JCFans01
"TRF" Member

Labelle Jewelry Feedback

Anyone ever deal with this jeweler in Totowa NJ? Not an AD but they have a pretty vast Rolex collection. Negotiating now through Chrono24 (where payment is held in escrow until I receive and verify the watch in my hands).

They are a family business since 1991 with hundreds of 5* reviews on Google and Chrono24.

The only thing I'm hesitant on is that they said they do not have the warranty card (it's still with the AD) and they will ship it to me next week. Said this is normal. Any thoughts?

Anyone with first-hand experience with this jeweler?

Thank you.
JCFans01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 08:37 AM   #2
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
From what you say this should be a new watch for you with your name on the warranty.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 08:40 AM   #3
JCFans01
"TRF" Member

Yes it will be a brand new watch with my name on the warranty. But is it normal for the warranty card not to accompany the watch, i.e. they will be ready for pick-up or shipment a week after the watch.
Old 19 February 2020, 09:11 AM   #4
Abmatt2002
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126300
How can it be a brand new watch unless the AD is knowingly passing on stock to be sold on the grey market and taking a cut?

To me it just doesn’t sound right that an item is being sold in one jeweller but they don’t hold the card, another one does.

I have heard of AD’s holding onto cards for 12mths to stop buyers flipping, which is what may have happened.

Or I could be talking sh1t!
Abmatt2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 09:39 AM   #5
JCFans01
"TRF" Member

They did say it’s okay if I want to wait until they receive the warranty card in a few days, which is what I intend to do. And they said this is because their AD doesn’t want them to wholesale and it has to be retail. Is this crockshit?

Basically I’m just trying to verify if this is normal? Unheard of? Any first hand experience with this jeweler?

I do have a residence in NYC so it’s easy to just go to the actual jeweler in NJ if something happens.
Old 19 February 2020, 02:25 PM   #6
ThunderRoad261
2024 Pledge Member

I live in northern NJ a few miles away from the store. I purchased two Rolex watches from Rob at Labelle Jewelers last year in person in his store with no issues. I also sold him 3 watches. He valued the watches very competitively. If you have the time to drive to the store, I think you will find Rob a really interesting guy to talk watches with. He’s very knowledgeable and loves chatting about them.
ThunderRoad261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 03:17 PM   #7
JCFans01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRoad261 View Post
I live in northern NJ a few miles away from the store. I purchased two Rolex watches from Rob at Labelle Jewelers last year in person in his store with no issues. I also sold him 3 watches. He valued the watches very competitively. If you have the time to drive to the store, I think you will find Rob a really interesting guy to talk watches with. He’s very knowledgeable and loves chatting about them.
This is exactly what I’m looking for. Thank you.
Old 20 February 2020, 05:37 AM   #8
JCFans01
"TRF" Member

To my 2nd point ... have anyone heard about the warranty card being separated from the watch/box? Did anyone ever buy a brand new stickered watch without the warranty card at POS and for the card to be delivered a week apart?

If this is not common I might have to consider purchasing elsewhere. Thank you for your insights.
Old 20 February 2020, 06:21 AM   #9
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
I purchased a DD from HQ Milton and they didn’t have the warranty card yet. I did get it a couple weeks later.
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 09:56 AM   #10
JCFans01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
I purchased a DD from HQ Milton and they didn’t have the warranty card yet. I did get it a couple weeks later.
Thanks for this!
Old 20 February 2020, 10:00 AM   #11
SDR581
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR 116610LN DJ41
I've only ever purchased from my AD. They keep the warranty card for 30 days then mail it to me. I get it in about 5 weeks. Guess they want to make sure the watch isnt returned for some reason b4 they fill out my name and register it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
SDR581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 12:25 PM   #12
JCFans01
"TRF" Member

Thanks, everyone. So ... I just pulled the trigger lol. Watch will arrive on the weekend. Gave me goose bumps when I clicked that button. What an expensive rush!
Old 3 June 2020, 12:00 AM   #13
FizzyBubblech
"TRF" Member

How was your overall experience with Labelle Jewelry? Any problems?
FizzyBubblech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 12:08 AM   #14
Where
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFans01 View Post
Thanks, everyone. So ... I just pulled the trigger lol. Watch will arrive on the weekend. Gave me goose bumps when I clicked that button. What an expensive rush!
congrats! which model did you choose?
Where is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 12:56 AM   #15
sp006
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyBubblech View Post
How was your overall experience with Labelle Jewelry? Any problems?

I have mixed reviews. Overall, I’d say the inventory and condition of their watches is very good. I’d say buy with confidence from them.

However, I did have a few issues with missing items for watches that were marked as “full set/kit.” I think Rob could have handled the situation better initially even though things worked out in the end after I had to complain. Just wanted to give the full picture even though you should be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sp006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 02:34 AM   #16
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
In this situation, I think AD let this jewelry store sell this watch for them on secondary market at the premium price and they split the profit. AD let the jewelry store has the watch and hold on the warranty card, until the jewelry store has the buyer for that watch, AD will fill up the buyer name on the card and send it to the jewelry store later. Only ADs/Boutiques that can fill up the buyer name on the warranty card and register to Rolex.

On the normal situation, ADs sell the watches to grey dealers under somebody else names, so the buyer from grey market will have somebody else name on the warranty card.

Actually your situation should be better for you, you get your name on the warranty card as the original buyer.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 04:17 AM   #17
Yuri.Popov
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner C
They usually have the cards but if they dont issue it right away give them a couple of weeks. Ensure you verify with them about the card, they must have once its brand new watch.
Yuri.Popov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 04:26 AM   #18
YYR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFans01 View Post
They did say it’s okay if I want to wait until they receive the warranty card in a few days, which is what I intend to do. And they said this is because their AD doesn’t want them to wholesale and it has to be retail. Is this crockshit?

Basically I’m just trying to verify if this is normal? Unheard of? Any first hand experience with this jeweler?

I do have a residence in NYC so it’s easy to just go to the actual jeweler in NJ if something happens.
It’s not crazy I’ve had it before with a different dealer, basically even if the AD knows that’s it’s being flipped they still hold the card until there is an end user that’s gonna actually wear the watch because they don’t want it to land up on eBay or something with the name of thier AD on the card
YYR is offline   Reply With Quote