The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 June 2018, 11:25 AM   #1
Babington
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC Date
AD in England

Fellas - newish to the forum and was wondering if any of you know if the AD’s in England would have more in stock than the US. I have a friend over there and have been looking for a 2018 SD Deep sea here is the US(to no avail). I was thinking of getting it shipped here. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Babington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 11:30 AM   #2
Rolex85
"TRF" Member

The UK has been having a really tough go of it lately although it appears the Pepsi gmt has been rolling in so that may be a sign Rolex is starting to supply dealers better.
Rolex85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 11:34 AM   #3
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babington View Post
Fellas - newish to the forum and was wondering if any of you know if the AD’s in England would have more in stock than the US.
No, UK ADs tend to have less than US ones. If you want a difficult to get model the best strategy appears to be this:

You get a fuel efficient car. You map out obscure low volume dealers in the American Midwest. You find out when these dealers usually receive shipments from Rolex. You plan a route that takes you to these dealers at a time that is as soon as possible after new stock has arrived. You plot the most efficient route to reach the dealers with the minimum amount of distance traveled. You arrive at the dealers with a bag full of cash and ask them if they have the model you want. (Phone calls will not cut it. you must be there in person, ready to buy.)

Repeat the above procedure until you have the model you want.

If this fails pay thousands of $ more to buy from a gray dealer.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 11:40 AM   #4
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛ BLNR | AK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
No, UK ADs tend to have less than US ones. If you want a difficult to get model the best strategy appears to be this:

You get a fuel efficient car. You map out obscure low volume dealers in the American Midwest. You find out when these dealers usually receive shipments from Rolex. You plan a route that takes you to these dealers at a time that is as soon as possible after new stock has arrived. You plot the most efficient route to reach the dealers with the minimum amount of distance traveled. You arrive at the dealers with a bag full of cash and ask them if they have the model you want. (Phone calls will not cut it. you must be there in person, ready to buy.)

+1 this !!
Old 24 June 2018, 11:45 AM   #5
Rolex85
"TRF" Member

Quote:

+2 on this one haha. Also may I add that it definitely helps if you ask them for five datejusts at the same time as the model you want.
Rolex85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 12:03 PM   #6
Babington
"TRF" Member

I figured so. I just always thought that The Rolex brand isn’t as popular over there than here. Thanks for the suggestion but I don’t have time to do your method.

Old 24 June 2018, 12:31 PM   #7
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex85 View Post
+2 on this one haha. Also may I add that it definitely helps if you ask them for five datejusts at the same time as the model you want.
Or a platinum DD or Daytona
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 12:35 PM   #8
Babington
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I actually called 2 AD’s recently. One (250 miles away) had a 2017 SD in stock for sale and the other one (60 miles away) had a sub no date for sale.

Old 24 June 2018, 02:10 PM   #9
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babington View Post
I actually called 2 AD’s recently. One (250 miles away) had a 2017 SD in stock for sale and the other one (60 miles away) had a sub no date for sale.

Snap them up, now!
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 07:51 PM   #10
sutats
"TRF" Member

Icon7

The popular stainless steel sports model are extremely hard to come by. I haven't seen them on display for a couple of years.

Availability in the UK: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=505118
Post Your Rolex/Tudor Watch Weight (PYRTWW)
sutats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scarcity , united kingdom