The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 December 2017, 06:00 AM   #751
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedfagin View Post
Tried the bigger higher street AD's several years ago & wasn't impressed by the service or the exaggerated waiting lists, called a local independent AD & been back 3 times since. Deep Sea & Hulk both obtained without issue, both with a 12% discount & when after my Daytona the very same dealer offered me one from the safe at the previous RRP.
Mightily impressive getting a discount like that in the UK !!
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2017, 06:03 AM   #752
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
I agree the more independent AD’s are better. My now go to AD is about a 20 mile drive away and got me a SubC ND & Hulk within a very short timeframe
Lichfield ?
Old 28 December 2017, 07:15 AM   #753
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
Mightily impressive getting a discount like that in the UK !!
No chance in the UK!!
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2017, 07:25 AM   #754
DenzelS
"TRF" Member

Salloways in Lichfield does have SS models often, their website also doesn't advertise and they don't bring out Rolex or PP stock unless you sound Brummie. Good place and worth a shot if in East Midlands or West Midlands for SS models. Great service too.

As Shaky says, small town independent your be first on their lists.
DenzelS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2017, 07:52 AM   #755
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
No chance in the UK!!

Agreed Nairn, didn’t look properly but I suspect an American poster.

Although not that obvious it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment.
Old 28 December 2017, 07:54 AM   #756
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenzelS View Post
Salloways in Lichfield does have SS models often, their website also doesn't advertise and they don't bring out Rolex or PP stock unless you sound Brummie. Good place and worth a shot if in East Midlands or West Midlands for SS models. Great service too.

I’m stuffed then as it is my closest AD to my property however I am actually from Staffordshire.

Anyway they shouldn’t be showing any Brummie stock, your in a different county and that’s a local shop for local people
Old 28 December 2017, 08:08 AM   #757
EmilA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lichfield ?
Pragells in Stratford Upon Avon. May have to visit the Litchfield store though now you mention it :D
EmilA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2017, 08:09 AM   #758
DenzelS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m stuffed then as it is my closest AD to my property however I am actually from Staffordshire.

Anyway they shouldn’t be showing any Brummie stock, your in a different county and that’s a local shop for local people
Sorry. It is actually my nearest too, 5mins drive, and i'm just within Staffordshire. Its best to be near to them however, not many will wanna drive there to pick anything up and they do call local first. Drop me a pm and i will give you details of fave local-ish AD which never lets me down.
DenzelS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2017, 08:15 AM   #759
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb55 View Post
Know exactly what you mean. It’s made me thinking about selling a Rolex and putting money on top to get a PP or AP instead.
Great excuse to go over to AP and PP as Sam says, altho SS PPs can be tough and at empty as always Regent's St they sent me over to VC.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2017, 08:17 AM   #760
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Great excuse to go over to AP and PP as Sam says, altho SS PPs can be tough and at empty as always Regent's St they sent me over to VC.
ss pateks are more over priced than a white dial daytona 500 on a bad day.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2017, 08:18 AM   #761
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenzelS View Post

Next time I'm in there I'll wear a sharp cap and an evil smirk and tell them to give me a SS right now by order of the Peaky Blinders!
Old 28 December 2017, 08:23 PM   #762
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb55 View Post
I bought a BLNR from an AD here in London two years back and went back to enquiry about a SD43. The manager said one watch in two years is nothing and doesn’t count for anything. Said anything like a SD43 will go to someone who spends £30k per year and I should try some foreign ADs.
That's poor form, that wouldn't have happened during my time there. Might as well be a different company now
The GMT Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2017, 10:41 PM   #763
wb55
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GMT Master View Post
That's poor form, that wouldn't have happened during my time there. Might as well be a different company now

It is a different company now. Sad stuff. Hope you’re well Chris.
wb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2018, 02:53 AM   #764
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Was chatting to a nice salesman at an AD in London today. As has been well established, AD's often know as much as the average Joe and less than the average poster on TRF, so take this with however much salt suits your palate. He told me that his opinions were his own personal speculation, but FWIW...

He reckons that supply will continue to be throttled post Basel and guesses it could be even worse on sports models than it has been. He explained that they have been unable to fulfil orders based on 2017's new Rolexes - as an example he said they hadn't taken delivery of a single SS SkyD at all. So with all new models likely to be in demand he's not optimistic. All I can say is I hope he's wrong.

He also said (as a complete punt) that he reckoned Rolex would unveil an SS Pepsi.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2018, 02:58 AM   #765
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Was chatting to a nice salesman at an AD in London today. As has been well established, AD's often know as much as the average Joe and less than the average poster on TRF, so take this with however much salt suits your palate. He told me that his opinions were his own personal speculation, but FWIW...

He reckons that supply will continue to be throttled post Basel and guesses it could be even worse on sports models than it has been. He explained that they have been unable to fulfil orders based on 2017's new Rolexes - as an example he said they hadn't taken delivery of a single SS SkyD at all. So with all new models likely to be in demand he's not optimistic. All I can say is I hope he's wrong.

He also said (as a complete punt) that he reckoned Rolex would unveil an SS Pepsi.
grabs a pinch of salt
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2018, 05:06 AM   #766
bp1000
"TRF" Member

The holding company is going through a big push with tudor at the moment. Monumental really. Signing 3 at least huge brand ambassadors.

The ADs are starting to see demand for certain tudors

At the same time rolex is throttling.

I suspect 1 or 2 things.

They want to reposition rolex higher end and are testing price sensitivity by watching grey and also stamping down grey trading.

They are releasing new movements in 2018
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2018, 05:28 AM   #767
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post
The holding company is going through a big push with tudor at the moment. Monumental really. Signing 3 at least huge brand ambassadors.

The ADs are starting to see demand for certain tudors

At the same time rolex is throttling.

I suspect 1 or 2 things.

They want to reposition rolex higher end and are testing price sensitivity by watching grey and also stamping down grey trading.

They are releasing new movements in 2018
I suspect the first thing as the main contributor, with an aim to slot Tudor in and increase RRP for Rolex with supply continuing to be restricted........whilst the second is also likely to be true
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 05:42 AM   #768
qhbl
"TRF" Member

How are things in the UK at the moment? I have kinda lost interest since nothing is available anyway.

But looking to buy a watch, a sports model. May look to add a PM but would like a SS Daytona, but not sure if it's still a unicorn in the UK.

Rolex Submariner Yellow Gold Black Dial 116618LN - 2016
qhbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 05:48 AM   #769
DYJ150
"TRF" Member

I went into a store in Maidstone today (just because i was passing) and whilst this is not my local AD, they refused to put me on a list for ANYTHING. Even a DJ...AD's in the UK suck....They were actually rude in this particular store...
DYJ150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 05:49 AM   #770
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qhbl View Post
How are things in the UK at the moment? I have kinda lost interest since nothing is available anyway.

But looking to buy a watch, a sports model. May look to add a PM but would like a SS Daytona, but not sure if it's still a unicorn in the UK.
as long as people will buy a PM watch when what they really want is a SS daytona, i suspect the situation will remain
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 06:14 AM   #771
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qhbl View Post

Buy the PM and a D500 may soon materialise altho these days it may be just a regular Sub or GMT as the cherry.
Old 23 October 2018, 01:53 PM   #772
Jambo86
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master II BLNR
Well guys, I was the Intu Centre in Thurrock earlier, I spotted all the usual suspects in the windows on my wander around, Datejusts etc galore. The only 2 pieces that (I think) would be of interest to this forum were a SS Milgauss and 40mm SS Yachtmaster.

Now as I wasn't specifically out watch-hunting, nor am I in the market for a purchase, I spotted these watches only because my cousin pointed out the Rolex logo in the window, so naturally I had to have a peep. You'll therefore have to forgive me as I may be wrong with which retailer it was, but I'm quite confident that it was the window of Goldsmiths that I saw those 2 above SS. There's a few watch stores in the Thurrock Intu, I don't think too many do Rolex though.

Sorry if this is irrelevant or not helpful, but those 2 watches were 100% there at RRP.
Jambo86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scarcity , united kingdom