The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 December 2016, 09:48 PM   #31
Pict
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTISAN View Post
Fh in kingston ,,,had today,,,,,deepsea , tt subs, tt gmt , 1 gold daytona , 1 tt daytona, + the normal datejust's ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Nothing interesting there :(
Yep everyone chasing the same models leads to shortage, it's a shame as outwith the "herd" there are some beautiful watches to be worn.

Who knows, maybe someone did buy a TT Sub yesterday and lucky them
Pict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2016, 10:18 PM   #32
chrisb57
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 / 114300
Just got back from Newcastle and the ADin the main shopping Mall.
had non date and date subs .
chrisb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2016, 10:23 PM   #33
Lemieux66
"TRF" Member

Watch: $10 Casio
Icon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pict View Post
Yep everyone chasing the same models leads to shortage, it's a shame as outwith the "herd" there are some beautiful watches to be worn.
I agree, the TT watches have really grown on me this year. I've realised how nice they are and would love to get a 116613LB more than any steel 'it-watch' Rolex make.

I actually find all this shortage and hype turns me off the 'chosen models' somewhat. I think the deliberate shortages attract people purely because of rarity and it self-reinforces the shortage. Before all this happened, the Hulk and BLNR weren't that hot at all in the UK eg. when the BLNR came out it was a disappointment because it wasn't the one we actually wanted - a Pepsi or Coke. The Hulk was also not hugely popular and was seen more as a quirky novelty version of the SubC.

Some of my favourite models are much more readily available. The DJII, TT Subs, DD40. Oh well, I'm not hip I guess...
Lemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2016, 10:44 PM   #34
Pict
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieux66 View Post
I agree, the TT watches have really grown on me this year. I've realised how nice they are and would love to get a 116613LB more than any steel 'it-watch' Rolex make.

I actually find all this shortage and hype turns me off the 'chosen models' somewhat. I think the deliberate shortages attract people purely because of rarity and it self-reinforces the shortage. Before all this happened, the Hulk and BLNR weren't that hot at all in the UK eg. when the BLNR came out it was a disappointment because it wasn't the one we actually wanted - a Pepsi or Coke. The Hulk was also not hugely popular and was seen more as a quirky novelty version of the SubC.

Some of my favourite models are much more readily available. The DJII, TT Subs, DD40. Oh well, I'm not hip I guess...
It does appear that buyers play safe with their choice. Perhaps for that reason they miss out, but feeling comfortable with the watch you wear is hugely important so I understand that, but unfortunately perhaps driven by the "I want the watch that he wants" sentiment, speaking generally of the watch buying population.

I'm with you on the models you like
Pict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2016, 03:44 AM   #35
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
I think the shortage on SS models will have done wonders for TT sales in the U.K, especially GMT and Sub. They do look superb in TT, especially bluesy I have to say :)
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2016, 03:49 AM   #36
haberdashery
"TRF" Member

Various SS models were on display at Mappin and Webb and David M Robinson in central Manchester today.

Between the two window displays I saw a black bezel SS GMT, an Air King and a Sub (no date). Various grey dealers and resellers are selling these at a premium to retail.

I think the only models that are very difficult to get hold of are the new SS Daytonas and the D Blue. The BLNR and Hulk to an extent, but there have been various sightings reported across watch forums in the last few weeks.

With a bit of persistence and research I don't think there's any need to pay a premium for any Rolex - aside from the Daytona and D Blue if you're desperate and impatient.

Great news for foreign buyers too, because they can get a juicy VAT refund on models bought from an AD when leaving the EU.
haberdashery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2016, 04:04 AM   #37
OG10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I got a call from two ADs on the AK2016, Canary Wharf WoS, and Chester Goldsmiths. Ofcourse I already have mine, so might help someone :)
OG10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
availability , united kingdom