The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 July 2017, 03:54 AM   #31
harvey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Meanwhile in the UK, they want your warranty card for 6 months... Tale of Two Worlds.
Neil, I will collect mine in a few days. As the AD knows I am quite particular...he says he will leave stickers on but insists on keeping the guarantee card. I think he said a year but will confirm. I have no problem with this as I'm not a flipper.

I am fortunate to get their second one, considering they have approximately 30 on their list.

I can say for the first time I think I have found an AD I can work with long term.
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 10:59 PM   #32
harvey
"TRF" Member

The AD asked to keep the guarantee card for a year. I agreed. Not an issue for me as I'm not going to sell anyways...
Old 8 July 2017, 11:00 PM   #33
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
The AD asked to keep the guarantee card for a year.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2017, 12:42 AM   #34
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
The AD asked to keep the guarantee card for a year. I agreed. Not an issue for me as I'm not going to sell anyways...
Oh dear....they really do think this is a limited reference?

It's already much easier to acquire from an AD than a BLNR...
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2017, 12:45 AM   #35
pblondon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post

Not in the UK...
pblondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2017, 12:56 AM   #36
harvey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post

The U.K. is completely different to the market over the pond.

I didn't buy to sell. Retail price is £8,350 but you can see grey dealers advertising them for £12,500...even £15,500. I am not sure what they are actually selling for over here.
Old 9 July 2017, 01:32 AM   #37
fergusmcarthur
"TRF" Member

i was 13th on list just after it was released, down to 12th on list at beginning of June and told it would be "some wait"...
fergusmcarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2017, 10:06 AM   #38
Kevin Hammer
"TRF" Member

I'm on a waiting list.
Kevin Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 07:48 AM   #39
s2upid
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126600/1700010B
AD in Vancouver all seem to be unavailable. The one i'm at has about 4 in the waiting list.. doesnt look great for us I guess.
s2upid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 07:55 AM   #40
Magwitch
Banned

I don't know why paying a deposit would help you get the watch faster. If the AD's wants a deposit I'll give it, but if they don't I'd still expect delivery at the same time.
Magwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 09:32 AM   #41
Toomanyms
"TRF" Member

I put a substantial deposit on the SD43 . Simply so wouldn't sting so much when it came in .I don't buy my watches with credit cards. I didn't assume it would come in any earlier .
Toomanyms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 09:57 AM   #42
Bobby_V
"TRF" Member

Recently was on vacation to Italy and Greece. Randomly walked into Corfu, Greece AD. They had one for sale. Asking for a 3,000 euro premium. MAP pricing is 10,200 euro. Thought about it, but then chose to pass. FYI if you pay a premium on a Rolex, they do not process eligible paperwork to help you get your VAT refund. They want to keep the sale "off the books ". What made me upset was the original salesperson accepted my 10,200 retail offer as I tried it on. The owner ran out to greet me, then learned I was American and said no sale unless I give her an additional 3,000 euro premium. ($15,000 total) My opinion. This is a crooked practice. Total discrimination. They also had a BLNR on display. Not too many people buying Rolex in the small town of Corfu. Greece currently has a 25% unemployment rate. Pigs get fat and hogs slaughtered, probably still in the display waiting for the "right American".
Bobby_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 11:17 AM   #43
Toomanyms
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwitch View Post
I don't know why paying a deposit would help you get the watch faster. If the AD's wants a deposit I'll give it, but if they don't I'd still expect delivery at the same time.
I put a substantial deposit on the sea dweller 43mm so it wouldn't sting so much when I did come in . I don't buy my watches with credit cards . I didn't assume It would come in any quicker with a deposit.
Toomanyms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 01:46 PM   #44
WEST HAM ROLEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT LN/SD43/D Blue
Been promised Feb 2018
WEST HAM ROLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 01:50 PM   #45
WEST HAM ROLEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT LN/SD43/D Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Meanwhile in the UK, they want your warranty card for 6 months... Tale of Two Worlds.
To stop the guy taking the watch,,,please leave stickers on...
Walks out in to the street,,,,,,EBay

You agree with this,,?
WEST HAM ROLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 04:07 PM   #46
Seattlerf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5167a
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Now if the SD4k would just return back to pre-Basel prices of being the same price (or cheaper) than a Sub-C. I don't think this will happen though
SD 43 CHEAPER than a Sub -C.? Lol No way Jose.
Seattlerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 05:14 PM   #47
Cutlass
"TRF" Member

First one supplied by AD in Croatia,and I'll keep her for a while...

Waiting list is pretty long here...

Old 22 August 2017, 05:51 PM   #48
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

I waited about 4 months and I have a very good relationship with my AD ( I bought from the same AD the BLNR, LV, Deepsea Blue and Daytona 116500)

Still needed to wait 4 months but I can promise you, it's worth it. This a amazing piece and is bay far my favorite in my collection.

My wrist is 6,5" and it fits perfectly.
The new movement is such of a great improvement that you can even feel it while winding.

I have even been told by my AD that the red letter will disappear and replaced with the white lettering.
Rodrigo082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 06:00 PM   #49
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

IMG_1421.JPG
Old 22 August 2017, 06:25 PM   #50
Dnf888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo082 View Post
I waited about 4 months and I have a very good relationship with my AD ( I bought from the same AD the BLNR, LV, Deepsea Blue and Daytona 116500)

Still needed to wait 4 months but I can promise you, it's worth it. This a amazing piece and is bay far my favorite in my collection.

My wrist is 6,5" and it fits perfectly.
The new movement is such of a great improvement that you can even feel it while winding.

I have even been told by my AD that the red letter will disappear and replaced with the white lettering.

My AD has also said that the red lettering could discontinue and become white. The red lettering being only for the 50th anniversary year. This could be why they have released them quite quickly, to cover for this year only.

What do others think/have heard??
Dnf888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 06:45 PM   #51
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnf888 View Post
My AD has also said that the red lettering could discontinue and become white. The red lettering being only for the 50th anniversary year. This could be why they have released them quite quickly, to cover for this year only.

Exactly - that's the same information I got and actually it make sense.
It's a wonderful watch and with the red lettering it looks even better.

It's very very accurate as well if I compare with you collection (BLNR, LV, Daytona 116500 and Deepsea Blue). The power reserve is great as well.

They have also improved the pearl as in the new SD43 it seats lower (kind of flat)
Old 22 August 2017, 07:08 PM   #52
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:

I don't see that happening. I think it'll run for a few years at the very least.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 07:13 PM   #53
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

IMG_1423.JPG
Old 22 August 2017, 07:41 PM   #54
swisscheeses
Banned

[QUOTE=I have even been told by my AD that the red letter will disappear and replaced with the white lettering.[/QUOTE]

I very much doubt it! The Green bezel sub (kermit) was released over a few years (very collectable now). So it probably will change, but not for sometime yet!

Got love some AD's 'stories'
swisscheeses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 08:21 PM   #55
Smarties
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Sales pitch like this only appeal to people not familar with Rolex.....

Rolex did not limit its production of 50th ann. Sub and Daytona. What is the reason for Rolex to change her mind to limit 50th ann. SD production to only one year? (To help re-sellers make more money?)

Rolex is in the market to make money for herself. Limiting red text to first year production is good for people who've bought the watch.... If Rolex change the text color back to white will only hurt future sales of SD, which is bad for Rolex herself!
Smarties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 08:25 PM   #56
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarties View Post

Rolex did not limit its production of 50th ann. Sub and Daytona. What is the reason for Rolex to change her mind to limit 50th ann. SD production to only one year? (To help re-sellers make more money?)

Rolex is in the market to make money for herself. Limiting red text to first year production is good for people who've bought the watch.... If Rolex change the text color back to white will only hurt future sales of SD, which is bad for Rolex herself!
It might be a good point - however, I don't think people is buying the SD43 based on that simple reason but because of the watch itself.

At least for me - I don't really care if the red disappears or not, I bought it before the AD was telling me that.
Old 22 August 2017, 10:41 PM   #57
Analysing You
"TRF" Member

I got mine a short while ago (i think the second allocation to my AD).

As mentioned on this thread, the U.K is a completely different market for various reasons, such as extremely limited supply, low currency value thereby making the UK one of the cheapest in the world to buy Rolex pieces, which in itself creates more of a problem with supply as tourist flock to the UK to buy anything they can get their hands on ( benefit from a more advantageous currency exchange, lower initial price in pounds and then they also get 20% refund on the VAT). Therefore this piece is very hard to get hold of here in the UK, I can't think of any other piece (after the ceramic Daytona) that is as hard to get.

In my view, this piece is almost certainly a good steady investment in the long term. The fact is anniversary pieces almost always do well in terms of long term re-sale values, at least in the in the UK (perhaps with the exception of the Platona). Like many investments (if you can call it that) the values go up and down, however in the long term like they do well. If you can buy a piece, wear it for 7-10 years and for it to relatively maintain its value (taking in to account price rises and short supply in the UK) why would you not buy it? Its a tremendous watch!
Analysing You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 11:48 PM   #58
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Got mine in early May with no previous relationship with my local AD. I've been calling them a lot though since the very first day I put my name down when the watch was announced at BW2017. First on the list in fact.

I also got another call from the boutique in June, again with no previous relationship.

Guys, you need to come visit Spain more often :-p. Great weather, beaches, food and watches. What more can you ask? Yeah, I know what you're thinking, I'm not going there :-).
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2017, 05:58 AM   #59
A.I.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
I also left my AD a very sizable deposit purely for convenience and so that the cash balance is not too painful.

Soon I'm being told.
A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2017, 08:06 AM   #60
Dnf888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarties View Post

Their first SD43 was already on my wrist at the time, so it wasn't a sales pitch. Pure speculation as the norm would be, but I was more interested in the thoughts and views of others. You're right that the others did not have a specific limited run, but they were discontinued after a time and, with Rolex, everybody knows that anything could happen. An example would be the release of the deep blue deepsea in august, when they've always released at Basel in march. The ADs thought that that would be special and a limited run, but they're still going (unwanted in some areas) after 3 years.

And I know, pics or it never happened, but I haven't posted a pic on the forum ever since the format changed. I'm not a technophobe, but I still haven't managed to change the picture size.
Dnf888 is offline   Reply With Quote