The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 January 2007, 12:28 PM   #1
alexgr8
"TRF" Member

New TT GMT 116713

I'd be interested to hear from other new TT GMT owners as to the accuracy of the new 3186 Parachrom blue hairspring movement. I posted here in December that I had upgraded my GMT to the new model with it's multitude of improvements. Maxi dial, ceramic bezel, more muscular case, bigger crown etc.

I set it and put it on my wrist in early December. Putting my other watches away, I decided to wear it 24/7 until then end of the holidays. Within a couple of weeks I noticed that it had dropped back a minute or two. I didn't change it, heading off to Wanaka in the South Island of New Zealand, where time..in the best possible way, has stood still for 10 thousand years anyway.

On my return I emailed my Rolex agent that the GMT was losing 5 to 6 seconds a day. I've worn a Rolex full time for most of my life and I was not expecting a brand new one, especially with the new movement, to be out that much. It went back to Rolex for four days last week and it's now, for the last two days at least, back to around -1. Great service from the AD and Rolex, but I just wondered about other new owners.
Anyone else been checking their new TT GMTs ?
alexgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2007, 12:31 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Good post, Alex.

Sorry to hear about the poor timing on a new GMT-II. Must have been one of those "freak" cases. I'm sure the others will have only good things to say about this beautiful watch.

Can we have a few pics of the same?

Thanks - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2007, 01:56 PM   #3
mike
"TRF" Member

Alex,
Certainly our activity and how we wear a watch has an effect on it's rate of gain or loss. Sometimes however I think it's the luck of the draw. I've had several pieces that on a machine were within COSC specs. but on the wrist was a different story.
I had several regulated to my particular wearing habits with excellent results.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote