The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 November 2020, 03:15 AM   #1
Maiden
"TRF" Member

Girard Perregaux Laureato

Hi all, I thought I would give a quick review of my recently acquired GP Laureato. I have had the watch for about 2 weeks and have worn it extensively. Some of you who have seen my other threads know I traded my smooth bezel Datejust 41 for this BNIB version. So these are an owners thoughts of this watch after a few weeks. I will include a couple of my own pics.

Case and Bracelet:
The bracelet is the most comfortable I have ever strapped on. There is a curvature on the case/lugs that helps drape the watch around your wrist. The finishing is amazing with the polished transitional bevel going down the outerlinks and extending into the case. It is beautifully tapered and integrated. Screw down crown and 100m water resistant.

Dial:
The dial is a metallic blue is a clois de paris style cut. It is amazing in sunlight. The other thing that was a surprise was the font on the date wheel. The numerals are very nice. The lume is fantastic.

Movement:
Beautifully finished, the bridgework is amazing, really great anglange, cotes de geneve, and it appears all screw heads are black polished. There are three levels of polish on the balance assembly alone! I also love the polish around the rotor bearing. Stunning.
The movement fits the case perfectly as well, 4hz, 54 hour power reserve. Been running a consistent plus 4spd so far.

Overall:
So as you have probably guessed, I love this watch. It is better, for me anyway then I could have hoped. I am not a sophisticated collector, but really wanted to add to my collection an example of high end watchmaking that was classic and contemporary. This has been a great experience so far, the small details have come to light as I wear this watch. I love all kinds of watches and have owned (and own) many great Rolex, Omega, Tag, etc...and they are all wonderful, but this one is really on another level. If you are thinking about one of these, give it a look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1711.jpg (108.9 KB, 1877 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1719.jpg (88.6 KB, 1848 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1747.jpg (71.5 KB, 1848 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1744.jpg (62.4 KB, 1840 views)
Omega Geneve
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY2112
Orient Ray 2
Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2020, 05:00 AM   #2
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Great review, good point by point comments; an underrated piece from a fine manufacture. I have the white/silvery dial, it has a beautiful shimmer to it. Yes, this watch has some very nice, subtle qualities that you notice after wearing for a while. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 27 December 2020, 09:28 PM   #3
Gerardus
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
I missed the fact that you recently traded your acquired DJ41 towards the GP.
Congratz, I like the it a lot. Wear it in good health in combination with your YG Sub

♕16570 ♕126610 ♕126333
Gerardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 09:29 PM   #4
Gerardus
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
Hi all, I thought I would give a quick review of my recently acquired GP Laureato. I have had the watch for about 2 weeks and have worn it extensively. Some of you who have seen my other threads know I traded my smooth bezel Datejust 41 for this BNIB version. So these are an owners thoughts of this watch after a few weeks. I will include a couple of my own pics.

Case and Bracelet:
The bracelet is the most comfortable I have ever strapped on. There is a curvature on the case/lugs that helps drape the watch around your wrist. The finishing is amazing with the polished transitional bevel going down the outerlinks and extending into the case. It is beautifully tapered and integrated. Screw down crown and 100m water resistant.

Dial:
The dial is a metallic blue is a clois de paris style cut. It is amazing in sunlight. The other thing that was a surprise was the font on the date wheel. The numerals are very nice. The lume is fantastic.

Movement:
Beautifully finished, the bridgework is amazing, really great anglange, cotes de geneve, and it appears all screw heads are black polished. There are three levels of polish on the balance assembly alone! I also love the polish around the rotor bearing. Stunning.
The movement fits the case perfectly as well, 4hz, 54 hour power reserve. Been running a consistent plus 4spd so far.

Overall:
So as you have probably guessed, I love this watch. It is better, for me anyway then I could have hoped. I am not a sophisticated collector, but really wanted to add to my collection an example of high end watchmaking that was classic and contemporary. This has been a great experience so far, the small details have come to light as I wear this watch. I love all kinds of watches and have owned (and own) many great Rolex, Omega, Tag, etc...and they are all wonderful, but this one is really on another level. If you are thinking about one of these, give it a look.
Looking good -> nice pics!

♕16570 ♕126610 ♕126333
Gerardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2021, 10:06 PM   #5
London Calling
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer
Rubber Strap

Great review of the Loureato. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a blue rubber strap for this piece in the same way that the VC Overseas does?

Thanks in advance
London Calling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2021, 10:37 PM   #6
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Great post and photos, thanks. Congrats on a very fine watch.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2021, 08:57 PM   #7
bebenee
"TRF" Member

Awesome watch my man! Thinking about pulling the trigger myself on a 42mm blue dial Laureato. Could you tell me your wrist size and whether your Laureato is the 42mm version or the 38mm one?
Cheers
bebenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2021, 09:11 PM   #8
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Congratulations, it looks beautiful Enjoy it
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2021, 08:03 AM   #9
ktmpt
"TRF" Member

Fits you well!
ktmpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 12:49 PM   #10
Lukla
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet
Nice post!
I have been thinking about this piece for my collection myself but not easy to find a 38mm blue. I think it is already on many collectors' radar.
Thanks!
Lukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 11:00 PM   #11
nda
"TRF" Member

I don't come on here too often, so only just spotted this. I recently purchased a new blue Laureato too. It really is lovely thing and does whisper quality when looked at. I am wearing it in preference to my Sky Dweller at the moment... I might also mention that it is MUCH more legible than the Rolex with a great lume too.
nda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2022, 03:04 PM   #12
seaweed719
"TRF" Member

Great watch. I love my Laureato Chrono as well.
seaweed719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2022, 09:23 AM   #13
Dirty John
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the review. I would've traded my Datejust for that watch too. Looks awesome.
Dirty John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2022, 02:53 PM   #14
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Looks great, congrats! Didn't occur to me how thin the Laureato actually is for its size.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2022, 11:51 PM   #15
Aleph-Null
"TRF" Member

love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Aleph-Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 06:42 PM   #16
taxidriver
"TRF" Member

Congrats very nice review on your Laureato. Ive tried it and it nicely executed. My one concern before is the finishing of the rotor looks so simple at its price they should put up a gold rotor with design to add more luxury to it. Its price has jumped up too. Just my own thought. But overall great watch very nice dial and finshing overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
taxidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 08:39 AM   #17
jedione65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxidriver View Post
Congrats very nice review on your Laureato. Ive tried it and it nicely executed. My one concern before is the finishing of the rotor looks so simple at its price they should put up a gold rotor with design to add more luxury to it. Its price has jumped up too. Just my own thought. But overall great watch very nice dial and finshing overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find the finishing on the rotor is similar to the Cotes de Geneve found on Patek Philippe watches, as is the finishing on the rest of the movement that is comparable to some other high end watches. I agree they should put a gold rotor, but again that is reflected in the price.

I have a black ceramic Laureato and it is a very unique watch that is not usually found from other manufacturers. The dial is mesmerizing with the tiny pyramids. Also accurate to a fraction of a second/day.
jedione65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2023, 01:51 PM   #18
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

I love mine - easy to use as an everyday wear!
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2023, 07:31 PM   #19
nss04
"TRF" Member

Nice pics. How is wearing it daily? Prone to scratch? Enjoy!
nss04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2023, 12:12 PM   #20
wp000011
"TRF" Member

I just got the steel skeleton, love it.
Hublot Big Bang Integral All Black / VC Overseas 4500V Blue Dial / Chopard Alpine Eagle Grey Dial / Cartier Santos Black ADLC / Omega Seamaster Blue with Sedna Gold / AP RO Offshore Bumblebee / AP RO 26135ST / PP Aquanaut 5060A / RM07 AI TI / GP Laureato Skeleton / Datejust Blue Jubilee / Yatch Master I / Milgauss / Explorer I / Submariner / Panerai Luminor 1950 10-Days GMT Black Ceramic / Black Bay 58 Blue / Breitling Skyracer Blacksteel
wp000011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 02:05 AM   #21
Pro_Watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp000011 View Post
I just got the steel skeleton, love it.
Congrats! Can you share with us the photos on your wrist?
Pro_Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2023, 04:39 AM   #22
bondibeach
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust
beautiful, congratulations. Love the movement and dial.
bondibeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2023, 12:21 AM   #23
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Great review and your excellent photos accent the beauty of the dial and watch.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 08:17 AM   #24
Pro_Watch
"TRF" Member

Beautiful! Congrats
Pro_Watch is offline   Reply With Quote