The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 28 October 2020, 02:14 PM   #1
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

So... what else can we say about Snoopy 50?

I know you’re all dying for another thread on Snoopy 50 like I am.

You know who I’m talking to.. texasmade, Phooi, Ringhio, Mmaggi, nr1416..
Rollieo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 11:23 PM   #2
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
LOL! Quite frankly I would like to see the Boutiques make some deliveries so that we can see some photos and read some personal reviews.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 01:39 AM   #3
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I can't remember where I mentioned this but if I get one and GM prices are $35k, I'd seriously consider selling it.

My current plan is to keep it but at that GM price, it would be tough to turn down that kind of money. I'd use the proceeds to put my name down for a SS 321 and NTTD Seamaster.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 01:57 AM   #4
greengold
Banned

This just popped up on Insta take it with your desired amount of salt but possibly 5000 pieces total

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG5Ccval...d=nzfdp3s16h5z
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 01:58 AM   #5
wiem0014
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Kristian Haagen mentioned on his Instagram today that the watch is in fact limited to 5000 pieces. Unfortunately I can't get the pic to load, but he says he "spotted the quantity number today when Gregory presented the watch".

Thoughts?

Patek: 5168G (Blue)
Rolex: 126710BLRO, 116515LN, 124060
wiem0014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 01:58 AM   #6
wiem0014
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
This just popped up on Insta take it with your desired amount of salt but possibly 5000 pieces total

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG5Ccval...d=nzfdp3s16h5z
Haha, missed yours before I posted mine. Great minds think alike.

Old 29 October 2020, 02:37 AM   #7
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiem0014 View Post
Kristian Haagen mentioned on his Instagram today that the watch is in fact limited to 5000 pieces. Unfortunately I can't get the pic to load, but he says he "spotted the quantity number today when Gregory presented the watch".

Thoughts?
Spotted it where exactly? I do believe it will be between 5-10k total
Old 29 October 2020, 02:43 AM   #8
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
Omega got us back for making fun of their oh so numerous Limited Editions then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 03:31 AM   #9
wiem0014
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
Spotted it where exactly? I do believe it will be between 5-10k total
He mentions that it was on notes from Gregory with omega during a presentation.

However, RJ then comments that it will be more than 5k. He is definitely plugged in so I would think we can trust that.

Old 29 October 2020, 03:42 AM   #10
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
He mentions that it was on notes from Gregory with omega during a presentation.

However, RJ then comments that it will be more than 5k. He is definitely plugged in so I would think we can trust that.
Who is Gregory?
Old 29 October 2020, 04:16 AM   #11
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

5,000 pieces for starters sounds like a good start. I think ultimately my chances are decent at getting one.
Old 29 October 2020, 04:33 AM   #12
wiem0014
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Who is Gregory?
I'm guessing (from all of the context) he is an employee with Omega.

Old 29 October 2020, 04:40 AM   #13
texasmade
"TRF" Member

I seriously hope it's more than 5000 pieces. I prefer it be closer to 9k or 10k over 3-4 years so people who want one will most likely get one.
Old 29 October 2020, 05:32 AM   #14
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I seriously hope it's more than 5000 pieces. I prefer it be closer to 9k or 10k over 3-4 years so people who want one will most likely get one.
I would like to believe that 10k-12k is possible. We'll see. COVID may impact production in the short term, hopefully not the long term.
Old 29 October 2020, 05:47 AM   #15
wiem0014
"TRF" Member

The Instagram post was updated and (as suspected) RJ was correct. The 5000 number is what was slated for initial release and watches will continue to roll out after. Although he does mention it could be slow due to the complicated nature of the piece.

5000 on initial launch means we may see a ton of incoming posts soon!

Old 29 October 2020, 06:07 AM   #16
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post

Haha. Guilty...

I'm sorry but there hasn't been a watch in YEARS, that I've been this excited about.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 06:23 AM   #17
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can't remember where I mentioned this but if I get one and GM prices are $35k, I'd seriously consider selling it.

My current plan is to keep it but at that GM price, it would be tough to turn down that kind of money. I'd use the proceeds to put my name down for a SS 321 and NTTD Seamaster.
I still think that, because of the slow production (COVID) and the number of people inquiring for the Snoopy at launch, prices on the grey market will be very high ! At least for the first 6 months.
Especially based on the price that the previous Snoopy is selling for at the moment...
Will be similar to what the new Kermit (Starbucks) from Rolex is doing at the moment on Chrono24.
Again just my opinion !
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 06:24 AM   #18
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The Instagram post was updated and (as suspected) RJ was correct. The 5000 number is what was slated for initial release and watches will continue to roll out after. Although he does mention it could be slow due to the complicated nature of the piece.

5000 on initial launch means we may see a ton of incoming posts soon!
We will see a number coming especially from customers that are in a good position in Europe and "VIPs" in US.

the guy on instagram is actually very confused :)
Omega never said 5000, and of course Omega doesn't have 5000 ready to ship during the next weeks. They still need to make most of them. They confirmed this during an event in Switzerland last week.

The 5000 that is referring to is basically the number that Omega wants to produce with this first round of confirmed allocations.
With the information about the rate of production that we got over the past weeks, they will cover these 5000 in two years and half.
After that, they will keep producing and allocating for a little bit at a rate that might be even lower. So to give the reference to some of the clients that are on the list of interest now.

I will be very surprised if, with the strategy they are adopting, they will go for more than 7-10 K pieces in 5 years run.

They will not cause depreciation of their own reference.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 06:27 AM   #19
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregouille View Post
I still think that, because of the slow production (COVID) and the number of people inquiring for the Snoopy at launch, prices on the grey market will be very high ! At least for the first 6 months.
Especially based on the price that the previous Snoopy is selling for at the moment...
Will be similar to what the new Kermit (Starbucks) from Rolex is doing at the moment on Chrono24.
Again just my opinion !
I hope the GM price doesn’t sky rocket like that.
Old 29 October 2020, 06:30 AM   #20
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I hope the GM price doesn’t sky rocket like that.
I'm affraid it will because the retail is already quite high. $9600 is a lot for a speedmaster ! Not very far from a Rolex daytona...
Old 29 October 2020, 11:46 AM   #21
EGrunt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregouille View Post
I'm affraid it will because the retail is already quite high. $9600 is a lot for a speedmaster ! Not very far from a Rolex daytona...
The problem is no one one can purchase a Daytona for MSRP anywhere. I have been trying for the past 3 years. I am on the list for the Snoopy and just purchased a white dial Speedmaster racing since I do not for see me acquiring a stainless steel white dial Daytona unless I want to spend 24-27k in the gray market.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg omega racing wrist 1250.jpg (274.6 KB, 703 views)
EGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 01:21 PM   #22
zuckuss86
"TRF" Member

I wonder out loud if Omega will go the route of Rolex and limit supply or bend the knee to the fact that they're publicly traded and pump out a lot of supply. Time will tell. Pun intended.

Personally hope they make it available, I would pay retail for Snoopy but don't want to have to play games.
zuckuss86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 01:33 PM   #23
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Haha interesting news about the 5k watches for initial launch, which by initial launch I see as being over the first 12 months.

15% allocation to the US means about 750 pieces. That’s about 25 per OB in the US. Seems right.

Old 29 October 2020, 01:33 PM   #24
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
Haha. Guilty...

I'm sorry but there hasn't been a watch in YEARS, that I've been this excited about.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Same!!!!! Hahaha

Old 29 October 2020, 02:28 PM   #25
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post

Hahaha! Not much to see or talk about after launch. Just waiting to see them in the wild.
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 05:33 PM   #26
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckuss86 View Post
I wonder out loud if Omega will go the route of Rolex and limit supply or bend the knee to the fact that they're publicly traded and pump out a lot of supply. Time will tell. Pun intended.

Personally hope they make it available, I would pay retail for Snoopy but don't want to have to play games.
I am pretty sure they will go down that road and the have a nice opportunity with the Snoopy so they will be « stupid » not to take it.
I believe Rolex have what every brand is dreamer for....
Old 29 October 2020, 08:01 PM   #27
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Look... this is ALL opinion. But I'm sorry I just can't understand why a company would purposely hold back production to make a product more desirable. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Do you know why none of us can walk into a Rolex AD and buy a Daytona or Sub or GMT? Because Rolex isn't capable of meeting the demand. They're not. And they're not interested in putting up more factories, hiring more workers to meet the demand. Why?
Because there's RISK when expanding a business. ALOT OF RISK. It's that simple.

And if anyone thinks that Omega will purposely hold back production to make the Snoopy-3 more desirable, then I got a bridge for you in Brooklyn that you'll love.

Omega will crank out as many Snoopy's as they can possibly make. Why? Because they are in the watch making & selling business, that's why. How many will they ultimately make & sell is totally up to them & their abilities. It could be 5,000 pieces, 10,000 or 20,000. Who knows?

But I can assure you they will not PURPOSELY hold back making them to drive up the demand. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Again.... just my humble opinion.
Old 29 October 2020, 10:06 PM   #28
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
Look... this is ALL opinion. But I'm sorry I just can't understand why a company would purposely hold back production to make a product more desirable. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Do you know why none of us can walk into a Rolex AD and buy a Daytona or Sub or GMT? Because Rolex isn't capable of meeting the demand. They're not. And they're not interested in putting up more factories, hiring more workers to meet the demand. Why?

And if anyone thinks that Omega will purposely hold back production to make the Snoopy-3 more desirable, then I got a bridge for you in Brooklyn that you'll love.

Omega will crank out as many Snoopy's as they can possibly make. Why? Because they are in the watch making & selling business, that's why. How many will they ultimately make & sell is totally up to them & their abilities. It could be 5,000 pieces, 10,000 or 20,000. Who knows?

But I can assure you they will not PURPOSELY hold back making them to drive up the demand. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Again.... just my humble opinion.
Let’s put it this way: the focus is not strictly on the number, it’s on demand and offer in terms of availability.
Let say they can produce 10.000 in one year (although they cannot because they don’t have the means to go over 2000 at the moment), and they send each boutique 20 pieces per month (thing that they will never do, but... we are doing an hyperbole here).
Do you think that the directive form Omega HQ would be: put the 20 Snoopy on display? Or they will keep it in the safe, and distribute them little by little?
When you walk in Wempe on 5th ave how many Batman do you see?
Do you think they don’t have at least 2 in the safe ready for the high rollers?
How many Daytona white face they have in the safe?
I bet they have at least 2 or 3 per every hot reference.
You just don’t see them.
Then you go few blocks down on 47th street, and all the hot references are there in display, everywhere!

This is how the game is played, nobody knows how many they are making. They are making these difficult to get. The demand stays high. The value is retained.

It’s so unrealistic that Omega will flood the market that I don’t consider that an hypothesis anymore.
If I’m wrong my Snoopy will lose 20% of his value in about 2 years.
I’m ok with this bet. I like the reference and paying market price at the moment.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 10:18 PM   #29
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckuss86 View Post

I think its the first unofficially limit supply this is a turning point I think for Omega. Dump the LE and move to undisclosed LP. One wonders if one day we will be asking for a Seamaster and be laughed at like a Submariner
Old 29 October 2020, 10:26 PM   #30
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post

Why? Why do you think people crave a Rolex..a Hermes..it's because they want something they can't 'have' this is human nature. Simple as that.
Omega have wanted that for the last 20 years since Rolex overtook them in terms of want-ability