The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!! > eBay & Internet Sales WatchOut

Old 21 October 2023, 12:33 PM   #1
Jlk33
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Buying outside of eBay via Wire 116610LV

Hi All,
As I write this, it feels more suspect in writing than in my head. Long story short - fair priced 116610LV on eBay. Messaged seller a few times on eBay, then contacted them through their site.

Seller offered a significant discount to pay via wire off eBay. Which could make sense because of fees, but also raises some red flags. Seller is unwilling to budge on eBay price, but immediately knocked off 1,900 via wire.

Their feedback is flawless on eBay, Chrono24, and Google. The seller appears to be an independent dealer, not affiliated with any physical space, stores, or a larger company.

They said they could provide references via What's App chat, but that doesn't feel so legit.

Do I just eat the additional fees to get the platform protection of eBay or Chrono24?

Thanks in advance.
Jlk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 12:35 AM   #2
INC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 17000B, B+W
... or with Paypal.

But in my opinion, never buy anything online, and especially from strangers, without protecting your interests first. We could say, that the surplus you pay is the cost of your insurance.
INC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 12:48 AM   #3
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Buying outside of eBay via Wire 116610LV

Dude don't!!

There are a LOT of 0 feedback accounts selling "brand new" hulks on eBay. They are fishing for people like you.

If it's truly a legit business they would come down a bit. eBay doesn't charge $1900 to sell a hulk. More like $750.

Pay the eBay price and get the peace of mind for the authentication.

There's also a fake / converted hulk on eBay right now from a seller I recognize from moda. It's a jungle out there.
Old 22 October 2023, 02:49 AM   #4
Jlk33
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Thanks both, I completely agree and after sleeping on it decided the wire discount isn't worth the risk. 0 & low feedback are always a pass for me as well.
Jlk33 is offline   Reply With Quote