The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 July 2020, 06:59 AM   #151
kiki9999
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
Sorry for the late response! I just saw this. Don’t know how I missed this back in April!

I’m pleased to report that I picked up my watch today from the RSC with a brand new case! It took six months for the repair due to Covid, but my patience paid off. To be honest, it’s such a relief and I’m glad to put this behind me. Geneva provided the new case and made sure the original serial number was engraved.

The RSC was very diligent through the QC process (five step) and went above Geneva new watch standards. They also comped my next full service for any one of my watches. I’m very happy with how accommodating they were to my requests and expectations. I told them to please take their time so nothing goes amiss. The wait was incredibly hard, but like all things in life good things come to those who are patient!

Huge grin on my face today of finally being able to wear it officially for first time since purchasing in January!

Glad to hear it's a happy ending. Congratulations!
kiki9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 07:04 AM   #152
rfs
"TRF" Member

Glad that they resolved this to your satisfaction! That is one beautiful watch! Enjoy!
rfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 07:21 AM   #153
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Thanks for the update. This piece is quickly becoming closer to being my daily.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 07:48 AM   #154
Nixshah
"TRF" Member

Awesome news. Happy this worked out well.
Nixshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 08:13 AM   #155
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Sorry for the late response! I just saw this. Don’t know how I missed this back in April!

I’m pleased to report that I picked up my watch today from the RSC with a brand new case! It took six months for the repair due to Covid, but my patience paid off. To be honest, it’s such a relief and I’m glad to put this behind me. Geneva provided the new case and made sure the original serial number was engraved.

The RSC was very diligent through the QC process (five step) and went above Geneva new watch standards. They also comped my next full service for any one of my watches. I’m very happy with how accommodating they were to my requests and expectations. I told them to please take their time so nothing goes amiss. The wait was incredibly hard, but like all things in life good things come to those who are patient!

Huge grin on my face today of finally being able to wear it officially for first time since purchasing in January!

Such a great outcome. It's good to hear RSC and Rolex came through for you. I also commend you for keeping a cool head which helps immensely in winning these kinds of situations.
I probably would have went all gorilla in the lobby and been kicked out with my ruined watch, a great lesson for dealing with adversity.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 09:08 AM   #156
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Miami View Post
that’s totally unacceptable. These watches aren’t cheap and people spend their hard earned money on them. I’d want a brand new watch. I’m saving up for the 268655 on of. Hope this doesn’t happen to me. I’m sorry that has happened.
+1.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 10:03 AM   #157
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Wow that's a good outcome considering the circumstances
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2020, 11:33 AM   #158
outsnowboarding
"TRF" Member

Fantastic outcome. Glad it all worked out in the end.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
outsnowboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 03:11 PM   #159
kitsgq
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Nice outcome. Congrats on a successful resolution.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
kitsgq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 06:22 PM   #160
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.

Good to see this all worked out ok for you.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 06:53 PM   #161
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Glad to see you have satisfaction.
What a saga though. Well done, keeping your cool.

For me, the interesting part of this story, is that, at some stage at RSC, somebody signed the work off, and hoped you wouldn't notice the small 'ding'.
I wonder, is that their SOP with 'bad work', try and pass it off, hoping the customer doesn't notice, 'till it's 'too late'?
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 06:57 PM   #162
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Same thread as Daytona OF damage long ago. I made RSC BH sweat a very experienced watchmaker was going to swap my bracelet and then stipulated that if they damaged it, I would get a new watch before I let them touch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 08:32 PM   #163
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

I have the same watch and the AD changed the strap for a better size. I haven’t looked closely, but it all seems fine. Frankly, the design is such that the clasp at least will get marked, no matter how careful you are; gold watches don’t survive unmarked . Over the years I’ve had four white gold Rolex models. All steadily got more marked. Just from normal wear.
Come a service, all can be fixed like new. They’re either enjoyable to wear and own, without worry, or they’re pointless.
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote