The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 12 July 2023, 12:38 AM   #1
Tri-Tip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
Anyone have a PAM01287, 01288, or 01289?

I've been looking at the PAM01288 on their site for a while now, and had a chance to try one on last night at the Panerai store at the Venetian in Las Vegas.

I wasn't quite ready to dive in yet, but I did like the feel on my wrist.

Does anyone have a watch in this series and how do you like it?

Tri-Tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2023, 09:27 AM   #2
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I don't, but just say the one you've posted above is a striking watch, so nice.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2023, 10:12 AM   #3
Tseg
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II BLNR
I also do not have but I'm interested in knowing how well eSteel resists corrosion. I've not found anything on it. Supposedly Rolex uses 904L specifically due to corrosion resistance around salt water. I hope this eSteel on a diver is not like other environmentally friendly tools that conserve at the expense of inhibiting the job they were created to do... like washing machines that conserve water but do not clean clothes, so you either have to run a second time, or hit all the other buttons to over-ride the conserving base wash.
Tseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2023, 11:55 AM   #4
Talbel
"TRF" Member

Interestingly enough, I saw this series for the first time at the same boutique a couple of months ago. I ended up buying the 1289. I have owned several Panerai’ so er the years, but have to say this is one of my favorites. Great blue dial that graduates from light to dark and a nice size at 44mm. Some complain about the eSteel stamped on the face, but I honestly don’t notice it. It also looks great on the 1316 bracelet. Overall I’m very happy with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0798.jpeg (120.4 KB, 273 views)
Talbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2023, 12:52 PM   #5
Cassidyanne
Banned

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 70986330279__9D9A64E5-8B67-4F80-8F60-B38E4B073745.jpeg (84.0 KB, 269 views)
Cassidyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2023, 06:19 PM   #6
shammad10
"TRF" Member

Nice watch. Wish it didn't have a gradiated colour dial, and was either one colour or sunburst etc- just seems more classic. Also take e-steel off the dial.
shammad10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 02:30 PM   #7
Tri-Tip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbel View Post
Interestingly enough, I saw this series for the first time at the same boutique a couple of months ago. I ended up buying the 1289. I have owned several Panerai’ so er the years, but have to say this is one of my favorites. Great blue dial that graduates from light to dark and a nice size at 44mm. Some complain about the eSteel stamped on the face, but I honestly don’t notice it. It also looks great on the 1316 bracelet. Overall I’m very happy with it.
Thanks for the positive reply! The grey just strikes me for some reason. 99% sure I'm going to pull the trigger, but left town before I had the chance to get back to the store. Hopefully the Beverly Hills Boutique has one.
Old 15 July 2023, 03:08 AM   #8
Talbel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post
Thanks for the positive reply! The grey just strikes me for some reason. 99% sure I'm going to pull the trigger, but left town before I had the chance to get back to the store. Hopefully the Beverly Hills Boutique has one.
I was in a similar situation. The boutique at the Venetian shipped it to my house. No tax, but will need to address that on my end. It was pretty seamless. I looked at the grey as well. Beautiful watch. Good luck, I don’t think you will regret it.
Old 17 July 2023, 09:53 AM   #9
scottyg
"TRF" Member

I bought a 1287 in green from the Dallas boutique, along with a Due moon phase for the wife. I'm a metal bracelet guy for all my watches and, although I know it is probably sacrilege for some, still prefer them on my Panerais. When I tried it on, it had the standard green rubber it comes on. When I mentioned I prefer bracelets, they pulled one out and swapped it over. That made my mind up. So, to seal the deal, they kicked in the metal bracelet gratis. They also tossed in a leather strap/buckle for my wife's moon phase, also purchased on bracelet (similar bracelet preference). Still paid MSRP tho, but hey, it's something. I like the heft of the 1287 on bracelet; I never forget that it's there. I haven't taken it into water yet, and probably won't beyond pool depth, so not an issue for me. Whether it corrodes on my wrist remains to be seen. On the whole, kind of expensive, but I like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pan 1287.jpg (156.2 KB, 178 views)

Last edited by scottyg; 17 July 2023 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: spelling
scottyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2023, 10:08 AM   #10
APhound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyg View Post
I bought a 1287 in green from the Dallas boutique, along with a Due moon phase for the wife. I'm a metal bracelet guy for all my watches and, although I know it is probably sacrilege for some, still prefer them on my Panerais. When I tried it on, it had the standard green rubber it comes on. When I mentioned I prefer bracelets, they pulled one out and swapped it over. That made my mind up. So, to seal the deal, they kicked in the metal bracelet gratis. They also tossed in a leather strap/buckle for my wife's moon phase, also purchased on bracelet (similar bracelet preference). Still paid MSRP tho, but hey, it's something. I like the heft of the 1287 on bracelet; I never forget that it's there. I haven't taken it into water yet, and probably won't beyond pool depth, so not an issue for me. Whether it corrodes on my wrist remains to be seen. On the whole, kind of expensive, but I like it.

Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2023, 01:10 AM   #11
Tri-Tip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyg View Post
I am also a bracelet (vs strap) person, so it's great to know that the bracelet is available. Do you know the part number for the bracelet, and did they mention what the MSRP is for it?

I think I'm going to pull the trigger today on the grey!
Old 18 July 2023, 01:46 AM   #12
Talbel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post
I am also a bracelet (vs strap) person, so it's great to know that the bracelet is available. Do you know the part number for the bracelet, and did they mention what the MSRP is for it?

I think I'm going to pull the trigger today on the grey!
My bracelet is from the 1316. I believe it was around $1200, but I have had it for a few years so I might be mistaken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0809.jpeg (186.1 KB, 165 views)

Last edited by Talbel; 18 July 2023 at 02:07 AM.. Reason: Add pic
Old 18 July 2023, 02:06 AM   #13
Tri-Tip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbel View Post
My bracelet is from the 1316. I believe it was around $1200, but I have had it for a few years so I might be mistaken.
That's a reasonable price, thanks for the info!
Old 18 July 2023, 01:44 PM   #14
scottyg
"TRF" Member

I think they said $1700. I'll look at the receipt when I get in to the office tomorrow, but not sure if they included it there or not. They gave me the bracelet box too, so if nothing else the part number should be on there.
scottyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 10:21 PM   #15
brycrob
"TRF" Member

I don't have one, but saw the green, blue and grey one all together at the HOU boutique recently. Normally, I would go blue or grey, but I have to say the green one is striking in person. The dial is unreal. I'll take them all though ha.
brycrob is offline   Reply With Quote