The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 21 March 2020, 10:28 PM   #1
DogT
"TRF" Member

6480 Oyster calibre 1210 parts

I have this III.57 that my dad bought for me in HK in the day, we lived in Taiwan at the time. I haven't worn it for eons, but I keep it on my workbench. Found an article from a UK guy that how to change the plastic 'crystal'. That went well, so I thought I would get a back remover and take a look inside, I've never been sure the watch is real. Looks real to me, but upon removing the back I notice there are 2 little brackets holding in the mechanism, and one of the screws is missing. The loose bracket is floating around in the watch. So I remove the bracket, and put it all back together.

In the meantime of course I misplace the bracket. But I'm wondering if I can find a new bracket and screw to replace the missing parts. I sent a pic to Esslinger, but they were no help.

Watch runs fine, if a bit erratic time wise but not bad for a 63 year old watch.

Any ideas? Thanks.
DogT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 02:54 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
I would expect that a decent watchmaker could make the bracket if they didn't have something in their parts box. Same with the screws.

Give the Ridleys a call in Texas, or Rik Dietel in Florida.
Old 22 March 2020, 04:42 AM   #3
DogT
"TRF" Member

Think it's a good idea just to take the watch to a local guy and see if he can get/produce the parts? It's not magic near as I can tell. I know an AD would want to do a job on it and I'm not sure it's worth that.

I was thinking about sending it to watchbuyersgroup in CA, but if I did that I'd like to get the dial face refurbished. There are some dark areas on it, just from age. Not horrible, but noticeable right around the 11-12 area. I'd be willing to spend up to maybe $4-500 on it, but I don't know why. Not like I have someone to leave it to. Just for my own edification.
Old 22 March 2020, 09:44 AM   #4
Rolex tom
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex,seiko,Omega
I assume you are taking about movement attachments clamps. Easy to replace or be made if it’s a none generic type. A screw yet again is very easy to replace or make. You should be absolutely fine in finding someone to sort it out
Rolex tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 12:12 PM   #5
DogT
"TRF" Member

Thanks, I'll take a look locally, I have some friends that are in the business, they may know a reliable shop. Like I say, and can see, it's not magic. Yeah, there are 2 small rectangular clamps that hold the mechanism in the case held in by 2 screws through the clamps. It's just missing one set.

Now how one screw came out is anyone's guess? It may have been repaired that way. It has been in the shop a couple times early on, but not in the last 40 years.

Thanks.
Old 24 March 2020, 07:42 AM   #6
Ron P
"TRF" Member

Can you post a picture and measure the remaining case bracket. I have 4 different original rolex sizes for the 1210 on stock. Maybe I can help you?

Br
Ron
Ron P is offline   Reply With Quote