The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 January 2020, 11:42 PM   #31
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
My brother in law has one and wonít shut up about it. The funny part is he drives like a nut job. Heís in the DC area though. Up in my area the roads arenít so hectic.
How can he drive like a nut job in DC? There are traffic cameras everywhere. Ask me how I know this
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 12:42 AM   #32
Syed117
2020 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
OK, so it's both sides.... And who said running a stop was fine?

So, there's no accountability unless we're all on camera? Oh, and on audio? Don't forget the audio, too.
I turned the audio recording off. Don't need anyone hearing my singing if anyone ever sees the footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
How many people have you held "accountable"?
There have already been responses from people in this thread about times when they were lucky to have one or others who wish they had one.

The first thing people are conditioned to do is express how they weren't at fault in any sort of crash. Never admit fault even if you are clearly at fault. Video solves that problem.

I've been lucky so far, but if the day ever comes when I'm involved in a crash, I'm sure the footage will help.
Old 16 January 2020, 01:23 AM   #33
Blansky
2020 Pledge Member

In my area, Postal Trucks have a reputation for blowing through stop sign and last summer got to witness one first hand.

I was doing the 40 MPH speed limit and he pulled out right in front of me and then saw he was going to hit me and he bailed onto the wrong side of the road and my right side.

These are stills from the video, it happened very fast. I sent them to the Postmaster and he called me back in about 5 minutes, and said he talked to the guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1752.JPG (54.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1750.JPG (59.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1751.JPG (54.4 KB, 29 views)
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 09:28 AM   #34
donas
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619
I've used one for a few years. It plugs into my vehicle's usb charging port and starts recording when the car starts and stops when the car turns off; I love it, never have to give it a second thought. I was just looking at a new one in Costco yesterday that has about 8 different recording options ie. 360, front only, front and sides, etc. I may be upgrading to this style very soon.

For the price this technology is going for now, it's hard to argue the protection provided isn't worth it. There were many clips in the OP's video that fault could have never been determined without the video.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote