The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 January 2020, 07:33 AM   #1
Tommy_Beatz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex cellini
Vintage rolex info Help??

hey community!,

im completely new to the forums here. I hop I posted this in the right place but I have come to this community to ask for some help( im newer to the vintage side). unfortunately my uncle passed away and left me a bag of his collected watches he acquired over his time as a carnal in the air force. amongst this bag of watches I happen to stumble apon a Rolex Genève Cellini. it didn't come with a box or anything but was wrapped in a nice cloth apart from the rest protected . i was wondering if possible could anyone tell me what I need to look for to get me any information on this watch? not looking to sell as it was one of my uncles favorite watches he owned. I just would like to find information on it and I have looked all over the internet and not so much help on the vintage side. I will post pictures aswell. thank you community for any information you guys can give me on this watch as when I got quoted to send it to rolex they wanted 180.00 to look it over and I don't want to have to pay that just for information lol. and I apologize for the lack of information this is my first ever rolex so I am really new to this any help would be great!!

Last edited by Tommy_Beatz; 29 January 2020 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: add pictures
Tommy_Beatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2020, 07:41 AM   #2
Tommy_Beatz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Beatz View Post
hey community!,

im completely new to the forums here. I hop I posted this in the right place but I have come to this community to ask for some help( im newer to the vintage side). unfortunately my uncle passed away and left me a bag of his collected watches he acquired over his time as a carnal in the air force. amongst this bag of watches I happen to stumble apon a Rolex Genève Cellini. it didn't come with a box or anything but was wrapped in a nice cloth apart from the rest protected . i was wondering if possible could anyone tell me what I need to look for to get me any information on this watch? not looking to sell as it was one of my uncles favorite watches he owned. I just would like to find information on it and I have looked all over the internet and not so much help on the vintage side. I will post pictures aswell. thank you community for any information you guys can give me on this watch as when I got quoted to send it to rolex they wanted 180.00 to look it over and I don't want to have to pay that just for information lol. and I apologize for the lack of information this is my first ever rolex so I am really new to this any help would be great!!
I apologize for the delay on the pictures im trying to figure out how to upload them from my computer drive.
Old 29 January 2020, 08:05 AM   #3
athom
"TRF" Member

we're patient!
athom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2020, 08:07 AM   #4
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
In the comment area at the bottom of the page, click " Go Advanced". Write your message, then use the paper clip icon in the panel above to attach pictures. That will open a pop up window that will provide the size in KB for the image type you choose, i.e. jpg, gif... I would suggest jpg. On the pop up panel choose your image, then hit the upload button on the panel, then complete your post in the comment pane and submit.

Most likely, you will need to reduce the file size to accommodate the image size restrictions. Others on this forum use TapTick I think, to do images directly from their phone with the app. I have not tried that method, yet. Good luck! Would love to see some pics. Welcome to the forum.
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2020, 08:14 AM   #5
Tommy_Beatz
"TRF" Member

here are 3 pics right now turns out I have to resize the rest aha. and thank you guys for being so inviting I feel like im going to love this forum! the third picture inder the 6 oclock marking there is something etched in there but its too small for me im not sure if that helps things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image0.jpg (164.5 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (106.5 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg image6.jpg (100.6 KB, 218 views)
Old 29 January 2020, 08:18 AM   #6
Tommy_Beatz
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2 View Post
In the comment area at the bottom of the page, click " Go Advanced". Write your message, then use the paper clip icon in the panel above to attach pictures. That will open a pop up window that will provide the size in KB for the image type you choose, i.e. jpg, gif... I would suggest jpg. On the pop up panel choose your image, then hit the upload button on the panel, then complete your post in the comment pane and submit.

Most likely, you will need to reduce the file size to accommodate the image size restrictions. Others on this forum use TapTick I think, to do images directly from their phone with the app. I have not tried that method, yet. Good luck! Would love to see some pics. Welcome to the forum.
thank you timelord for the advice it worked great now im resizing the rest.
Old 30 January 2020, 01:18 AM   #7
Mark020
"TRF" Member

Pretty sure this is a fake
Mark020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2020, 01:48 AM   #8
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry, it's fake.
Old 30 January 2020, 02:24 AM   #9
athom
"TRF" Member

watch for the bin
athom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2020, 02:50 AM   #10
1665fan
"TRF" Member

180$ saved!!!
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2020, 05:44 AM   #11
Nickn
"TRF" Member

A very bad fake at that
Nickn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2020, 05:52 AM   #12
Tyler681
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex red sub mk v
The masters at work ��
Tyler681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 01:54 AM   #13
timtim417
"TRF" Member

We recently “re-discovered” a Rolex Date / Datejust in the bottom of my mother’s drawer. Not looking to sell (sentimental value) but having a bit of trouble chasing down some info / history about this model

In particular why does the dial read “Date” and not “Datejust”? Fake, haha

Smaller than normal (26-28mm ish), bracelet stamped 568 and 2135 movement. After not being worn for who knows how many years, you’ll be happy to know that after a quick service, she’s back up and running smoothly

Many thx in advanced guys

timtim417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 01:56 AM   #14
timtim417
"TRF" Member

https://postimg.cc/xk137vV3
https://postimg.cc/Yv3xbXZS
https://postimg.cc/yJpyzDV4
timtim417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 05:32 AM   #15
Mark020
"TRF" Member

Legit but perhaps open an own thread
Mark020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2020, 05:34 AM   #16
Tommy_Beatz
"TRF" Member

i apologize for my late reply busy life lol. And thank you all for your input you guys are awesome ! I figured it was too good to be true and definitely didn’t want to spend that 180$$
Old 2 February 2020, 02:11 PM   #17
BigBlue1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote