The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 27 January 2020, 05:26 AM   #1
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Anyone ever been to a psychic of had a past life regression??

Aside from the usual comments about it being hocus pocus or nonsense, anyone ever had an open minded interesting experience with either of these. Or with hypnosis.

I once saw Cindy Crawford in a book store on Sunset so I definitely believe in hypnosis.

Personally I have a 50-50 belief in reincarnation and had a past life regression once.

I also did one psychic reading once which was interesting because I'm not sure I believe in this at all but I did read Edgar Cayce books as a teenager.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 05:54 AM   #2
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
I supposedly have been hypnotized by one of my placement supervisors when I was doing my clinical training, or at least, he said I was. I wasn't impressed with the experience.

When I was young I had an idea about how I'd like to have my life turn out in my old age and that idea has pretty much come to fruition, although the route from there to here has been much more wild than I ever could have imagined. I'm quite pleased, regardless, with my current life as that old eccentric, who keeps to himself and who, when he speaks at all, expounds on the most arcane of topics.

I don't put much stock in those who call themselves psychic and charge for their services and when it comes to that which comes after this life, I don't trust anyone who's still breathing to advise me on such matters.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 06:01 AM   #3
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
My wife from a totally different culture than myself believes in this and takes it serious. I don't, always good for an argument in the house
Old 27 January 2020, 06:06 AM   #4
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Never had any experience with that but I've had plenty with Freudian psychoanalysis.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 06:20 AM   #5
winst
"TRF" Member

Went and saw a Medium but left immediately as it was obvious she was lying - was an Extra Large at the very least!
winst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 06:31 AM   #6
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Totally... I always have deja vu experience as Johnny Sinns...
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 07:02 AM   #7
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by winst View Post
Went and saw a Medium but left immediately as it was obvious she was lying - was an Extra Large at the very least!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 07:15 AM   #8
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

I don’t want to be that guy but I will point out that hypnosis doesn’t really belong in the same category as ESP, mediums and reincarnation. Legitimate hypnotherapists and even hypnotist entertainers don’t claim that their techniques allow people to do anything that isn’t already known to be physically possible and it is certainly a legitimate discipline for focusing people’s innate abilities and opening them up to suggestion. At the extreme end, I’ve read case reports of people undergoing major abdominal surgery under hypnosis without anaesthesia/analgesia.
Old 27 January 2020, 07:58 AM   #9
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Everyone who had a past life regression was royalty, someone famous, or someone important. No one was ever the guy who scrubbed toilets for a living. Just sayin'
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 09:07 AM   #10
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Everyone who had a past life regression was royalty, someone famous, or someone important. No one was ever the guy who scrubbed toilets for a living. Just sayin'
Not me.

I ran the mop back in the day on 42nd street. Before Rudy’s time.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 09:34 AM   #11
FTX I
"TRF" Member

I misunderstood the question. I thought it was about hypnosis as part of a medical treatment. I should read before posting.
Old 27 January 2020, 09:43 AM   #12
DJ TT 2002
2024 Pledge Member

I had a clinical psychologist hypnotize me when I was in medical school.
I went into the whole process with an open mind ( no pun intended) and a willingness to “ let it happen”

I was hypnotized. It was really cool. It was pleasant.

I’d do it again, if it were offered, for relaxation purposes.
DJ TT 2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 10:12 AM   #13
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
I misunderstood the question. I thought it was about hypnosis as part of a medical treatment. I should read before posting.
So no Johnny Sinns ... darn it
Old 27 January 2020, 10:17 AM   #14
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
You see things on TV that seem mighty compelling, but then again, it's TV so who knows what's real.
Old 27 January 2020, 10:21 AM   #15
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
So no Johnny Sinns ... darn it
lol
Old 27 January 2020, 10:36 AM   #16
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
My regression wasn't nobility but I know what you mean. "Oh I was Cleopatra..."

Mine had to do with a question I asked, "why my father and I had a difficult relationship?"

My hypnotic regression was, I explained, I was an adolescent child traveling with my mother and sister in a horse driven cart on some prairie in Mongolia in the 1200s or something and we were attacked and killed by some group of marauders. And I was mad because my father wasn't there to protect me/us.

So in subsequent lives I always was mad at my father.

Have no idea if it was all bullshit or not.

But it's interesting. Essentially you're asked some question, and you just let your mind go and you come out with this stuff. And later you hear a recording of what you said.
Old 27 January 2020, 10:44 AM   #17
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
lol
Tell me the truth... you had to google who that was?
Old 27 January 2020, 10:55 AM   #18
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Tell me the truth... you had to google who that was?
Yes I had.
Old 27 January 2020, 05:13 PM   #19
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Totally... I always have deja vu experience as Johnny Sinns...
My man ... Manuel Ferrara for me but same difference:)
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 10:36 PM   #20
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
My regression wasn't nobility but I know what you mean. "Oh I was Cleopatra..."

Mine had to do with a question I asked, "why my father and I had a difficult relationship?"

My hypnotic regression was, I explained, I was an adolescent child traveling with my mother and sister in a horse driven cart on some prairie in Mongolia in the 1200s or something and we were attacked and killed by some group of marauders. And I was mad because my father wasn't there to protect me/us.

So in subsequent lives I always was mad at my father.

Have no idea if it was all bullshit or not.

But it's interesting. Essentially you're asked some question, and you just let your mind go and you come out with this stuff. And later you hear a recording of what you said.
A very interesting read for your experiences.

https://www.amazon.com/Many-Lives-Ma.../dp/0671657860
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 12:19 AM   #21
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
A very interesting read for your experiences.

https://www.amazon.com/Many-Lives-Ma.../dp/0671657860
I'll check that out. My regression was maybe 35 years ago.

I read at the time that people with phobias that are unexplained more so than just a "fear of" but extreme phobias like fear of flying, fear of heights, snakes, dogs, cats, etc etc, are possibly due to past life experiences/deaths.

And a way they've been treated is regression and talking them through and often the patient finds the phobia goes away.

Fascinating stuff.
Old 28 January 2020, 01:13 AM   #22
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
I have deja vu all the time....bout it
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 01:18 AM   #23
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
I have deja vu all the time....bout it
Me too.

Me too.
Old 28 January 2020, 06:25 AM   #24
Leasky
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118238 YG DD.
I grew up in a very remote area of an archipelago of remote islands off the north coast of Scotland. I came to the UK mainland when I went to study in Edinburgh in the early 80’s. I moved elsewhere in Scotland in the mid 80’s and worked abroad (all over the world but primarily in Africa / Middle East) from the mid 90’s for over 20 years.

I went to a Medium a few years ago. She only knew my first name, I got a taxi to her place (so she couldn’t see my vehicle) and wore a Casio watch and nondescript clothing / shoes.

That woman could not have known anything about me, my family, my education or my work history but she told me things about my life, my work and specific “challenging events” that only a handful of people know.

She went on to talk about a unique event which occurred in 1986, when my late father and I had an argument; she was able to quote the actual words he spoke to me. His words have stayed with me all my life and were the driver for me to make something of myself. Only my father, mother and sister were present at that original event and there is no way that woman could have known the words of my late father and the context in which they were used by him.

I didn’t used to believe any of it but there is no other logical conclusion that I can come to other to believe that she was somehow communicating with my late fathers spirit.
Leasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 06:34 AM   #25
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Cool story. Some things just defy logic.

The psychic I went to when I was planning to move to either NY or LA said a bunch of things and suggested NY. Naturally I went to LA.

But one thing he said was you will be working "in the company of men" which is pretty generic. I said to him, well lots of places have a lot of men working in them. And he said no this is more specific.

Leaving, I thought, great, I'm gonna be going to prison.

A couple of years later I got a job doing photography for the Catholic Church for a group/company called Franciscan Communications, which is owned by the Franciscan Brothers which are priests and brothers.

I few years later I thought back on the psychic and thought, OK, interesting.
Old 28 January 2020, 05:35 PM   #26
LandWatch
"TRF" Member

Interesting story. My understanding is that ‘mediums’ are finely tuned in to micro expressions, and respond to how the subject reacts. Testing the water in a certain direction, and either progressing or moving elsewhere. And, before they’ve even started their session, our clothes, demeanour, expression, voice etc has already given so much away.

Personally, I believe I’m no more than a collection of atoms, arranged in a certain way, with complex biochemical reactions operating in between. Just as I was unaware of anything whatsoever before I was born, so I will be after I’m dead.
LandWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 10:32 PM   #27
greggsiam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Me too.

Me too.
Be careful, Deja Vu can be a form of epilepsy, especially if frequent.

All my open minded observations of psychics are that they are con artists manipulating people that want answers or are in a stressful part of life. My mom went to a pet psychic because she is crazy about her dog....the lady made up so much bullshit I just couldn't believe any intelligent adult would think it was true, but she has people lining up for "readings." She told my mom her dog was going to "catch bi-polar disease" because the lady she adopted the dog from had it. Of course the lady spent time getting as much info as she could from her victims before the reading.

I'm a Buddhist and have listened to many lectures on reincarnation, but I still don't believe any of it to be true. There are just too many other factors to say "hey, the only answer is reincarnation." I think it just plays into our fears and provides comfort for the unknown.
greggsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 10:39 PM   #28
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
I'll check that out. My regression was maybe 35 years ago.

I read at the time that people with phobias that are unexplained more so than just a "fear of" but extreme phobias like fear of flying, fear of heights, snakes, dogs, cats, etc etc, are possibly due to past life experiences/deaths.

And a way they've been treated is regression and talking them through and often the patient finds the phobia goes away.

Fascinating stuff.
You are really going to like that book. The person who they went back in time with has lived as a man and a woman in different lives. The person spoke an ancient dialect that hasnt been spoken for thousands of years while under. They died in many different ways and each death brought a new phobia to the current life. The conclusion is every life we live in the physical form is to learn something new to allow us to progress to the next plain. People you know now and are close with you have most likely been close with in former lives. Ever get that immediate attraction to a person without ever knowing them before? A completely different way of looking at life and death. We only use a very small part of our Brain capacity. I believe some people have more of that channel opened up for use, unfortunately I am not one of them.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 10:39 PM   #29
greggsiam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Cool story. Some things just defy logic.

The psychic I went to when I was planning to move to either NY or LA said a bunch of things and suggested NY. Naturally I went to LA.

But one thing he said was you will be working "in the company of men" which is pretty generic. I said to him, well lots of places have a lot of men working in them. And he said no this is more specific.

Leaving, I thought, great, I'm gonna be going to prison.

A couple of years later I got a job doing photography for the Catholic Church for a group/company called Franciscan Communications, which is owned by the Franciscan Brothers which are priests and brothers.

I few years later I thought back on the psychic and thought, OK, interesting.
That's the same flawed way horoscopes work. As you said, it is pretty generic, which is done on purpose. That could apply to anything, which is what they want you to do. We don't logically take a conclusion and make it fit something.

My old gf was Thai and she was into psychics like many in SE Asia. Me, her, and her lesbian friend went to see the psychic (against my words that they were a scam). At the time, we were quiet about our relationship to everyone but family. The psychic called us one by one. When it was my gf's time, the lady talked about the man outside (me) and a relationship....my gf started to get nervous. The lady then said I will have a relationship with the other girl, the lesbian. hahaha I just told her "see, I told you she was full of bs." GF has a PhD and pretty intelligent, so she started to stop doing those types of things.
greggsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 11:47 PM   #30
Ruddiger
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Howdy,

You also never hear the "I was Jack the Ripper and Charlie Manson in my past life" either. Which is a shame as that would be an interesting conversation.

That said, I will say this. I don't know if it's the divine, extra dimensional, The Matrix, or some alien simulation that we are a part of, but its hard to deny that there is a "something" beyond what our scientific minds can rationalize. The degree to which you partake in it is up to each of us.

I tend not to be a religions man because I feel anything ran by man can be perverted and twisted for self-serving reasons. However, as an avid fisherman who spends a lot of time in wilderness areas its difficult to comprehend the world we are a part of being pieced together by random interactions of amino acids.

Take care,

Ruddiger

PS-In my previous life I was Alexander the Great, Abe Lincoln and Moe from the Three Stooges (two out of three aint bad).
Ruddiger is offline   Reply With Quote