The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 April 2020, 02:52 AM   #1
vinlesposito
"TRF" Member

eBay Scammer

Hi all, just wanted to give everyone a heads up I believe that eBay seller dianajones2013 is a scammer.

I speak, unfortunately, from experience here as I recently made a transaction for a 1978 5513 that they had listed. The description mentioned a BIN option so I messaged with an offer, which they accepted. Seller was very good with providing pictures beyond what was in the listing and all seemed legit, was even able to tell me the serial #, which fell within the range of "pre-comex" dial watches. Of course, wire was made 4 days ago and they have only provided me with info like this:

"I just called them and told me that the confirmation has been sent but i have not received anything. Now i'm waiting to receive it. When i will have it, i will send it here. Sorry for that. Is a complete madness because of this virus. Anyway, don't worry because the watch has been sent."

At this point my heart pretty much sank and I realized I had been taken for a ride. I got a little too ahead of myself thinking I had negotiated a pretty good deal for a clean looking piece. Unfortunately, I also found photos of said piece on VRF and after messaging the OP he informed me that the watch had NOT been on eBay in the last two weeks. Fingers crossed somehow this works out but the pessimist in me is saying I'm out a few bucks this week.
vinlesposito is offline   Reply With Quote