The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 20 March 2019, 01:54 PM   #1
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Needing help on these Daytona ceramic bezel..

Hi everyone,

I’ve been on the hunt for this ceramic bezel from a 116515 rose gold Daytona so that I can have it installed on a 116505 rg Daytona on bracelet.

I was also able to find a 116500 ceramic bezel from a ss Daytona but for some reason, the color doesn’t look right to my actual 116500 ss Daytona. This bezel though has a Rolex crown stamp on the back. The rg one does not. I had a fellow member say it looked good to him as being original but I was just confused as to why the one for a ss has a crown on the back while the does not.
They were bought by different sellers. And both have told me they were authentic. I would like to get some input on some experts here.

The pics will be below...

Thanks so much for everyone’s input.. I want to know bc if it’s not genuine I’d like to send it back..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lisalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 03:08 PM   #2
kauffee
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN, 116500LN
I have no special knowledge here but I’d bet the one without the embossed crown logo is fake. It’s not just the logo itself, the underside of that one also has a much more polished and even surface. The one below it is kind of pock-marked and irregular. I have to believe one of them is not genuine, and it’s likely the one with poor finishing.
kauffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 03:33 PM   #3
SloRolexfan
"TRF" Member

I can't tell you about the bezel, but I would Love to see the RG Daytona on bracket with the RG bezel!!!!
SloRolexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 03:40 PM   #4
imgook
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
Keen to know more. Side question, did you swap out the dial on your D500? Looks great btw =)
imgook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 04:24 PM   #5
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Bottom one looks "off" to me

brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 05:10 PM   #6
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

looks off but im no bezel expert... however isn't retrofitting a genuine bezel on a watch it doesnt go on run that same risk of making your watch appear fake. Even if it isn't?

Its why modifications tend to be no win situations. Yes i prefer the ceramic bezel, but no i wouldn't do it on a watch that doesnt come like that. IMO thats coming pretty soon anyway though as its only a matter of time until the bracelet daytonas get ceramic
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 09:50 PM   #7
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauffee View Post
I have no special knowledge here but I’d bet the one without the embossed crown logo is fake. It’s not just the logo itself, the underside of that one also has a much more polished and even surface. The one below it is kind of pock-marked and irregular. I have to believe one of them is not genuine, and it’s likely the one with poor finishing.

I felt the same way too.. but the one with the crown is the one that supposedly came off a 116500. And yes the one I have with the silver dial is genuine 116500 but had the dial replaced with a factory dial from a 116509.

The bezel with the crown under seems light compared to the one I have that’s why I’m so confused

Old 20 March 2019, 09:53 PM   #8
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRolexfan View Post
I can't tell you about the bezel, but I would Love to see the RG Daytona on bracket with the RG bezel!!!!

One of the trusted sellers had this for sale awhile back and I’ve loved it ever since...that’s why I’ve been on the hunt for a factory bezel..

Old 20 March 2019, 09:56 PM   #9
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgook View Post
Keen to know more. Side question, did you swap out the dial on your D500? Looks great btw =)

Yes the dial was swapped and it’s a factory Rolex dial

Old 22 March 2019, 01:46 AM   #10
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Can anyone help? I know it’s Basel time lol

But any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 22 March 2019, 08:06 AM   #11
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Hi Lisa,

Just now saw your second PM. Upon further review and after seeing the additional photos, I am pretty sure that both of those are not genuine Rolex.
I've never seen a genuine ceramic bezel with the coronet engraved on the underside, but it may be a recently-added security measure to the newer production units, so I can't say for sure.
However, the print, font, and tachymeter spacing appear off on both, IMO.

For that matter, ANY ceramic Daytona bezel for sale that is advertised as genuine should raise red flags from the jump (especially if it's relatively cheap).
The reality is that it is going to be rare to see genuine pieces "in the wild" for sale, and the market is flooded with aftermarket/counterfeit variants of varying quality.
Personally, I would only consider one from a long-time trusted seller and/or one where you could confirm the bezel swap from the original "donor" watch. YMMV.

Good luck with your hunt!

freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 08:09 AM   #12
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
Hi Lisa,

Just now saw your second PM. Upon further review and after seeing the additional photos, I am pretty sure that both of those are not genuine Rolex.
I've never seen a genuine ceramic bezel with the coronet engraved on the underside, but it may be a recently-added security measure to the newer production units, so I can't say for sure.
However, the print, font, and tachymeter spacing appear off on both, IMO.

For that matter, ANY ceramic Daytona bezel for sale that is advertised as genuine should raise red flags from the jump (especially if it's relatively cheap).
The reality is that it is going to be rare to see genuine pieces "in the wild" for sale, and the market is flooded with aftermarket/counterfeit variants of varying quality.
Personally, I would only consider one from a long-time trusted seller and/or one where you could confirm the bezel swap from the original "donor" watch. YMMV.

Good luck with your hunt!

Thanks for your reply.. I thought it was odd that the white bezel had the crown stamp but the color and font was off.

But the rg one had the good color but did not have the stamp.. are there other pics I can take for you to be sure it is not authentic. I just want to know before I tell the seller.

Old 22 March 2019, 08:40 AM   #13
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalisa View Post
Thanks for your reply.. I thought it was odd that the white bezel had the crown stamp but the color and font was off.

But the rg one had the good color but did not have the stamp.. are there other pics I can take for you to be sure it is not authentic. I just want to know before I tell the seller.
Yeah, the 116500 bezel is rather obvious, but the 116515 bezel is of better quality (closer to the original).
If you can take some high-res (and tack-sharp) extreme close-ups of the 70-90 tachy "track" area and "units per hour" area on the RG piece, that should help confirm.

freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 03:45 PM   #14
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
Yeah, the 116500 bezel is rather obvious, but the 116515 bezel is of better quality (closer to the original).
If you can take some high-res (and tack-sharp) extreme close-ups of the 70-90 tachy "track" area and "units per hour" area on the RG piece, that should help confirm.

I hope these pics will work.. I tried to take many in different lighting to see if it’s better.. sorry my iPhone taking pic skills are terrible.

Here are some of the attached photos

Old 22 March 2019, 03:50 PM   #15
deltabravo786
Banned

I can tell you with 100% assurance that both of your bezels are aftermarket. Gen ceramic bezel does have a marking on the underside but it looks nothing like the one on your bezel.
The one missing the crown on the underside is no doubt a fake.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
deltabravo786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 03:53 PM   #16
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabravo786 View Post
I can tell you with 100% assurance that both of your bezels are aftermarket. Gen ceramic bezel does have a marking on the underside but it looks nothing like the one on your bezel.
The one missing the crown on the underside is no doubt a fake.

Are there any pics of what it should look like? Both these sellers are saying it’s authentic. I tried searching the net to see and but nothing comes up for ceramic.. all I have is to compare with my genuine 116500 watch

Old 22 March 2019, 03:55 PM   #17
deltabravo786
Banned

Quote:
Are there any pics of what it should look like? Both these sellers are saying it’s authentic. I tried searching the net to see and but nothing comes up for ceramic.. all I have is to compare with my genuine 116500 watch

I have a picture but almost don't want to post it bcz I do not want them copying the logo and making it harder for us to call them out.

Old 22 March 2019, 03:58 PM   #18
deltabravo786
Banned

The shape of the crown on the backside looks exactly like the crown on our dials. You can clearly see that on your ceramic bezel, the bottom circle for the crown is too wide/open.

Old 22 March 2019, 04:09 PM   #19
deltabravo786
Banned

This is what the crown on the aftermarket bezel look like. If you look closely, its identical to yours. Gen bezel crown has a different shape.

Old 22 March 2019, 04:11 PM   #20
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabravo786 View Post
This is what the crown on the aftermarket bezel look like. If you look closely, its identical to yours. Gen bezel crown has a different shape.

Wow these fakers.. this is terrible

Old 23 March 2019, 04:22 AM   #21
diemuse
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow these fakers.. this is terrible

Sorry for chiming in. Take a look at the first bezels (the 116500) „R“s at UNITS PER HOUR. Both legs of the R have ‚feet‘ because of the wrong font. That is typical for a special fake factory (Noob) from China.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
diemuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 05:22 AM   #22
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemuse View Post
Sorry for chiming in. Take a look at the first bezels (the 116500) „R“s at UNITS PER HOUR. Both legs of the R have ‚feet‘ because of the wrong font. That is typical for a special fake factory (Noob) from China.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Any help is great appreciated!!