The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 2 June 2019, 11:39 PM   #1
lee fowler
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT
Chrono24 HELP!

Ok purchased my first watch on Chrono23 from a trusted dealer with good reviews in Spain, Watchesnorte SL is the dealer. Payment has cleared through Escrow and I am awaiting him to ship the watch acording to Chrono24. I have now received a message from him saying, Sorry the request was Canceled This watch is not sold at the end for the agreed amount. Retraction It was notified to Chrono24 two days ago Thank you, even though the payment has cleared! The watch has now been listed again on Chrono24 but for around £5k more. It is only a 16710 so what the hell, have we not completed the transaction? I have contacted Chrono24 but am at present awaiting a reply.

Instagram: @lee1563
lee fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:44 PM   #2
WatchUdoing
"TRF" Member

I have never bought anything through Chrono24, but I have looked extensively. I hope you get it sorted soon!
WatchUdoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:45 PM   #3
Dsmith1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
Chrono24 escrow scheme isn’t worth a dime. They just point the finger at delivery courier or whoever when things go wrong. Get your money back and walk away. Buying from abroad is usually more hassle than its worth.
Dsmith1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:46 PM   #4
A.I.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
Sorry to hear.

May be wrong - Payment has cleared to Chrono24 who hold your funds until the watch is confirmed received/ as described by the buyer - but you likely knew that. So I suppose the seller can withdraw right up until the goods have been sent?

Agreed very shady practice though.
A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:48 PM   #5
skhan007
"TRF" Member

Watch: The next one
Sorry to hear about this. Agree with the above suggestion to get your money back and try to find a domestic deal (local face-to-face is likely the very best option). I'd prefer this route even if it costs more money. Your time/stress is not worth the international escrow hassles.
skhan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:53 PM   #6
lee fowler
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT
Yes money stays with Escrow and will be returned if the watch is not received but what sort of trusted dealer would do something like this. The dealer again is Watchesnorte SL in Spain!

Instagram: @lee1563
lee fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:55 PM   #7
harvey
"TRF" Member

Sorry, Lee I got nothing to add on the situation but I hope you a speedy resolution in your favour...
harvey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 12:09 AM   #8
GarbanzoNegro
"TRF" Member

It seems that you dis not “really purchased” the watch, since the dealer decided, finally, to not finalize the transaction.

That it the worst part of on-line business, being able to do whatever you want without looking at the eyes of the customer/buyer.

I have contacted several dealers in Chrono24 but never pulled the trigger and finally bought my desired watch locally. Took me more time but found a better deal.

I hope you get your money back and find soon another watch!
GarbanzoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 12:39 AM   #9
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
This is what happens in a seller's market, they want max price and don't worry about their reputation, that is why in this market a buyer has to buy the seller and the situation, not the price. I've asked many times over the last year or two if a deal goes sour does chrono24 step in and help, and so far no one has ever given me a real life example, so I won't use it. I'd just use it to find a watch and then travel for a cash on collection, but I'd stick to the UK if possible.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 02:31 AM   #10
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Be happy your money is safe!
Old 3 June 2019, 03:06 AM   #11
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
This is what happens in a seller's market, they want max price and don't worry about their reputation, that is why in this market a buyer has to buy the seller and the situation, not the price. I've asked many times over the last year or two if a deal goes sour does chrono24 step in and help, and so far no one has ever given me a real life example, so I won't use it. I'd just use it to find a watch and then travel for a cash on collection, but I'd stick to the UK if possible.
They don’t step in to help,I’ve read many stories.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 07:39 AM   #12
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
I have only dealt with Chrono24 once and I purchased from a trusted dealer in the US and had zero issues, a day or so after I got the watch Chrono24 emailed me and said the watch showed delivered and wanted me to release the funds which I did but like I said it was from a dealer and not private seller but it all went perfect
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 08:04 AM   #13
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
I have had great luck chrono24. Good luck with getting this handled.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 08:21 AM   #14
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear - but nothing to share as TRF frowns on dealing with disputes from outside fora/platforms.

I used to do eBay but now 100% TRF...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 10:56 PM   #15
BigBlue1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
I once tried the Avenue of Chrono and it was a Nightmare. French dealer. Import Duties up the wazoo. It was a cluster. I ended up backing out just because of the language barrier and everything else.
If possible, try to stay in the states.
Chrono, sometimes those watches just sit for a while and sellers don't update till you go to purchase then jack the price up.

Good luck.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 05:01 AM   #16
nhoj_yelbom
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss Made
good to know
nhoj_yelbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2019, 05:42 AM   #17
watchyoursix
"TRF" Member

Watch: OK, OK ...Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee fowler View Post
Ok purchased my first watch on Chrono23 from a trusted dealer with good reviews in Spain, Watchesnorte SL is the dealer. Payment has cleared through Escrow and I am awaiting him to ship the watch acording to Chrono24. I have now received a message from him saying, Sorry the request was Canceled This watch is not sold at the end for the agreed amount. Retraction It was notified to Chrono24 two days ago Thank you, even though the payment has cleared! The watch has now been listed again on Chrono24 but for around £5k more. It is only a 16710 so what the hell, have we not completed the transaction? I have contacted Chrono24 but am at present awaiting a reply.
Hello there

I take it you got your money back ?
I hope so but also expect so too, this is the principle behind an escrow account.
Still very aggravating, I expect; I hope this unfortunate chapter is closed for you
watchyoursix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 07:05 PM   #18
Rafabond
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Tudor, etc
surely the watch sold it and I do not withdraw the ad, sometimes not to pay the commission of chrono24, or simply the seller puts watches that do not have to become important. This seller that you mean apparently has that fame.
Rafabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 10:10 PM   #19
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Chrono will do nothing. They always hide behind a lame excuse.

Trusted seller on Chrono means exactly nothing, in case you haven't noticed but every seller is one.

Hope you get your money back soon.