The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 6 November 2019, 12:59 PM   #1
the_natural
"TRF" Member

What's a chocolate dial Speedy sapphire sandwich worth?

There's a small independent jeweler near my folks' house that's had a chocolate dial Speedmaster for sale for a few months now. I'm tempted to make a semi low-ball offer just for the heck of it, but I'm having a hard time getting a bead on this model, its value, etc.

I forgot to take pics, but it's a chocolate dial, sapphire crystal and case back, decorated movement, on a (pretty worn) brown leather strap with Omega deployant. Which reference is this, 311.30.42.30.13.001, or thereabouts?

No box, no papers, and not the cleanest, but for the right price, I'd rock it.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
the_natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2019, 08:26 PM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_natural View Post
There's a small independent jeweler near my folks' house that's had a chocolate dial Speedmaster for sale for a few months now. I'm tempted to make a semi low-ball offer just for the heck of it, but I'm having a hard time getting a bead on this model, its value, etc.

I forgot to take pics, but it's a chocolate dial, sapphire crystal and case back, decorated movement, on a (pretty worn) brown leather strap with Omega deployant. Which reference is this, 311.30.42.30.13.001, or thereabouts?

No box, no papers, and not the cleanest, but for the right price, I'd rock it.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
It's a cool watch. I have a friend in Ontario who has one, and every time I see his I think I want one.

I would assume the one you're looking at is going to need service. Assume a perfect example with box and papers would bring $4k, maximum (it's out of production, a bit rare, and pretty cool). I would ding this one $500 for lack of box/papers and $1,500 for a complete maintenance service and new strap from an Omega Service Center, leaving me $2k, maximum, as an offer to purchase.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2019, 10:28 PM   #3
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
The $2k suggested above is not a bad starting point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2019, 01:20 AM   #4
the_natural
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
It's a cool watch. I have a friend in Ontario who has one, and every time I see his I think I want one.

I would assume the one you're looking at is going to need service. Assume a perfect example with box and papers would bring $4k, maximum (it's out of production, a bit rare, and pretty cool). I would ding this one $500 for lack of box/papers and $1,500 for a complete maintenance service and new strap from an Omega Service Center, leaving me $2k, maximum, as an offer to purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
The $2k suggested above is not a bad starting point
Thanks very much. That's about what I was thinking, but it's great to get confirmation from people who know the market for these better than I do. I think they have $2,900 on it, which I thought was a bit steep, given condition, etc. I'll keep stalking it to see what happens, and of course, keep y'all posted if I end up with it.

Thanks again!
the_natural is offline   Reply With Quote