The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 May 2020, 03:56 AM   #1
Laszlo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
AP Service & Polishing Costs at Clearwater 2020

Adding this information so if future questions or forum searches arise about AP Service & Polish the costs are broken down for their reference.

I dinged my AP st bezel and inquired about repair. The ding is about the size of an unsharpened pencil head. The ding although extremely small cannot be repaired and it would require a new bezel. The costs below reflect such a repair.

For your information, the complete maintenance service for this caliber currently starts at $980. The refinishing of the case and buckle starts at $210 (if done at the same time as the complete maintenance service) and a new bezel for a 15703ST is currently $748. Also, for your information, a new rubber strap is currently $291.

Please note that AP Service is currently closed until further notice.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 04:47 AM   #2
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Good information to know. Thank you for sharing.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 04:52 AM   #3
Laszlo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Good information to know. Thank you for sharing.

Old 16 May 2020, 07:58 AM   #4
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
I dinged my AP st bezel and inquired about repair. The ding is about the size of an unsharpened pencil head. The ding although extremely small cannot be repaired and it would require a new bezel. The costs below reflect such a repair.

For your information, the complete maintenance service for this caliber currently starts at $980. The refinishing of the case and buckle starts at $210 (if done at the same time as the complete maintenance service) and a new bezel for a 15703ST is currently $748. Also, for your information, a new rubber strap is currently $291.
You say “if done at the same time as the complete maintenance service”. Will they refinish and buckle, or replace the bezel WITHOUT a complete maintenance service?

Also, you say this ding cannot be repaired, but you mentioned LA Watchworks in your other thread. Are they also unable to repair the ding?

Personally, I’d leave the ding. It looks fine on a diver. Really, your watch still looks great.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 08:24 AM   #5
Laszlo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
You say “if done at the same time as the complete maintenance service”. Will they refinish and buckle, or replace the bezel WITHOUT a complete maintenance service?

Also, you say this ding cannot be repaired, but you mentioned LA Watchworks in your other thread. Are they also unable to repair the ding?

Personally, I’d leave the ding. It looks fine on a diver. Really, your watch still looks great.
It sounds like if you don’t need servicing that is the polishing fee. My AP was NOS but based on SN they feel it needs servicing which is fair, since they don’t know the watch’s history.

LA Watch Works said the ding is repairable and it would look like new. If you remember that photo I posted it’s very minor. I think if I bought the watch pre-owned it wouldn’t have bothered as much. But it was NOS and I did have the pleasure of removing the stickers.

I’m tempted to see LA WW take this on, the quote is ~$350-400 not including shipping. They also provide shipping label and insurance for a nominal fee. I think total for the repair through them would be about $550 +/- total. I’ll decide Monday morning.

The ding doesn’t bother me anymore but now my curiosity is getting the better of me. I’ve heard amazing things about LA WW but if the bezel looks soft due to the repair and polishing I might end up really regretting the decision.

Old 16 May 2020, 10:47 AM   #6
Laszlo
2024 Pledge Member

Here’s what the ding looks like. It’s hard to find. Not terrible anymore. It is a diver after all. I absolutely love this watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 16 May 2020, 11:26 AM   #7
porschejeff
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 228238
Barely noticeable. I'd wait until it needs service or another bigger ding. I have the same diver, love it.
Rolex 116710 BLNR
And a few others...
porschejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 11:39 AM   #8
Laszlo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschejeff View Post
Barely noticeable. I'd wait until it needs service or another bigger ding. I have the same diver, love it.

It’s a great watch indeed.

Old 16 May 2020, 12:06 PM   #9
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
It sounds like if you don’t need servicing that is the polishing fee. My AP was NOS but based on SN they feel it needs servicing which is fair, since they don’t know the watch’s history.

LA Watch Works said the ding is repairable and it would look like new. If you remember that photo I posted it’s very minor. I think if I bought the watch pre-owned it wouldn’t have bothered as much. But it was NOS and I did have the pleasure of removing the stickers.

I’m tempted to see LA WW take this on, the quote is ~$350-400 not including shipping. They also provide shipping label and insurance for a nominal fee. I think total for the repair through them would be about $550 +/- total. I’ll decide Monday morning.

The ding doesn’t bother me anymore but now my curiosity is getting the better of me. I’ve heard amazing things about LA WW but if the bezel looks soft due to the repair and polishing I might end up really regretting the decision.
Well, if you’re curious to see what LAWW can do, worse case you can always buy a new bezel, I guess. And I wonder what LAWW guarantees of their work?

But again, I’d leave it as it is until it needs service. Didn’t realize it was NOS—if you think you’ll service it soon, then it would be hard to economically justify using LAWW.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 08:59 PM   #10
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
This was my first love and entry into AP world. Love this watch....just a thought, I purchased the steel bracelet for this and it looked great. If interested, I can see if I can find some pics.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2020, 08:58 AM   #11
Laszlo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
This was my first love and entry into AP world. Love this watch....just a thought, I purchased the steel bracelet for this and it looked great. If interested, I can see if I can find some pics.
Would love that Nicholas

Old 18 May 2020, 10:21 PM   #12
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai

Here you go

1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2020, 01:05 PM   #13
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Thanks that info is good to know. I always wondered what the cost of a replacement bezel ran
AP ROC 26315or; AP RO 15450st; Vacheron Fiftysix; Day Date RG 228235 Olive; Daytona YG 116528; Daytona YG Oysterflex 116518; Cartier Santos de Cartier Rose Gold; Panerai PAM 0048; IWC Portofino Chrono; Girard-Perregaux Richeville
strettyend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2020, 05:47 PM   #14
MrBigSmiles
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/PAM/Rolex
How much was the bracelet?

MrBigSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote