The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 May 2020, 03:11 PM   #1
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Advice on buying a 15202 from grey dealer

Hi,

I had a 15202 previously which I had to let go for personal reasons and now looking to buy one from a grey dealer as it’s impossible to get one from the boutique. I want to buy an unworn 15202 but none of the reputable grey dealers like DavidSW, Takuya, and OCWatchGuy have one. Chrono24 has few listed from dealers based in NY. I am assuming they are located in Diamond district.

I have read few horror stories recently of really good fakes. Apparently someone bought a used Royal Oak 15400 which was passed as genuine by a boutique/AD staff but later found out to be a fake when it was inspected by the AP service center. At this point, i won’t be able to fly and get the watch checked in person by AP boutique NY. So slightly hesitant of picking one up from Chrono24 if it’s not being sold by DavidSW, Takuya, or OCWatchGuy.

Am I being paranoid or are my concerns genuine? Looking for advice. Thank you.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 04:57 PM   #2
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
I personally wouldn't buy from Diamond district, I'm not saying it's bad, fake or counterfeit. I just personally don't feel comfortable and I know people that work in that area in jewelry. Also most of the listings you will notice are stock pictures, or 10 dealers will come up all in in NYC when you run a search and only one has real pictures, ask yourself why is that? It's a turn off for me.

I would ask if the TS can put you on their own internal list when they source one from AD or a client and it shouldn't be too long to get one since your paying the premium.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 07:30 PM   #3
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
AP fakes are very good and have been for years now so I would take no chances and stick to buying from known trusted sources that you can have easy redress from should things go wrong, esp with this forum watching.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 07:39 PM   #4
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Give it time, they will show up.
Old 21 May 2020, 07:39 PM   #5
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116622
DavidSW just had one that was sold recently. If you are in no hurry, maybe you can just wait till these trusted sellers have stock again so you can buy from them with no worries?

With most places being shut down, it will be hard to verify your watch if bought from elsewhere too.
Old 21 May 2020, 11:56 PM   #6
watchguy1234
"TRF" Member

DavidSW has one listed right now. Have you looked?
watchguy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2020, 12:47 AM   #7
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
I believe Chase at Nashville Watch has one currently for sale. He is always very competitively priced and has a stellar reputation. I'd deal with him in complete confidence.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2020, 12:59 AM   #8
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
I believe Chase at Nashville Watch has one currently for sale. He is always very competitively priced and has a stellar reputation. I'd deal with him in complete confidence.
Sorry, I just checked his site and it's now marked SOLD.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2020, 02:19 AM   #9
dbfagan
"TRF" Member

DavidSW has 2 on his site now
dbfagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2020, 02:35 AM   #10
1Orologio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Still searching...
Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
I personally wouldn't buy from Diamond district, I'm not saying it's bad, fake or counterfeit. I just personally don't feel comfortable and I know people that work in that area in jewelry. Also most of the listings you will notice are stock pictures, or 10 dealers will come up all in in NYC when you run a search and only one has real pictures, ask yourself why is that? It's a turn off for me.

I would ask if the TS can put you on their own internal list when they source one from AD or a client and it shouldn't be too long to get one since your paying the premium.
+1
Agreed, for the price difference (if any) Id rather the peace of mind of a reputable person from the forums. And there is plenty.

Nothing worse than the feeling of waiting for a bath to arrive from someone you have no confidence with. It'll be the longest days you'll have.
1Orologio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2020, 02:40 AM   #11
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Have you tried contacting DavidSW. I’m sure he can get a new one for you.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2020, 05:49 AM   #12
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
Not that he needs any more reviews but +1 from me for Chase.

Bought my AP chrono from him. Great price and no worries over authenticity helps you to sleep at night

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk