Old 10 December 2018, 11:50 PM   #31
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I’d find a way to fight this.

The whole credit thing is a crazy scam.

I traded a car in once and the place I traded it to, went out of business. They didn’t pay off the car for nearly two months after o traded it to them. Hit my credit hard. I didn’t find out for nearly a year and had no recourse. It has finally dropped off.

You must fight this. I don’t know how, but I’m sure there is a way.
Credit is not a scam. It's a excellent option if you know how to use it correctly. When you traded in your car, it was your responsibility to verify that they paid it off before you left their office. Lesson learned - trust but verify.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 11:51 PM   #32
csfischer20
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
They have the ability to remove it and don’t let them tell you otherwise. I had a medical bill that I thought insurance took care of after the $150 copay. Turns out they didn’t cover $200 of it. I called the collection agency after it hit my report. They agreed to remove the collection if I paid in full. I promptly paid the money in full. They said it would take 3-4 weeks to remove and that the conversation was being recorded. The guy had to get manager approval, but after the agreement, we hung up and 4 weeks later it was off my report. It’s worth a try.

Last edited by csfischer20; 10 December 2018 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: Spelling
csfischer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:24 AM   #33
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
I have a significant stock portfolio with a strong dividend stream. I choose to pay cash for everything. But I sympathize with OP and others who buy on debt.
The double down brag with a passive aggressive side dish!
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 03:34 AM   #34
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
I have a significant stock portfolio with a strong dividend stream. I choose to pay cash for everything. But I sympathize with OP and others who buy on debt.
Sometimes it works better to finance. I make money financing at 0%. Maybe the OP did too. But you didn’t ask any of those questions before you jumped on his back.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 03:42 AM   #35
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
teqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 03:43 AM   #36
SaddleSC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
Old 11 December 2018, 03:47 AM   #37
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
My wife died several months ago and had credit cards in her name only....she had one card that i was an authorized user....but never used or signed for....when she died they dropped her name and now presto its under my name. Its 2800+ plus bucks and ive fought the ccc for months over thus. They say its my card I say prove it. The end result my credit rating took a hit with these bozo's now I got lawyer and have spent close to 1000 bucks fighting them with no end in sight.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 04:13 AM   #38
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
I am sure the op appreciated your help and we are all happy that you have no finance on your cars.
Glad you said it Eddie...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 04:18 AM   #39
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Unreal...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 04:36 AM   #40
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Unreal...
Unreal is right. Geez...!!!
Old 11 December 2018, 06:17 AM   #41
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
Credit is not a scam. It's a excellent option if you know how to use it correctly. When you traded in your car, it was your responsibility to verify that they paid it off before you left their office. Lesson learned - trust but verify.
Okay, not a scam. Just flawed.

In my specific instance though, I am not sure you know how car dealerships work. Not a chance they are going to facilitate the payoff while I am there.

In fact, when I have traded car over value, I typically have to wait a week or so to get my check from them.

In any case, I actually have a score of well over 800 at this point. But it took me a while. I also now check it weekly and notice how it fluctuates literally if I am holding a balance on my Amex. Holding a balance of $8,000 and it goes down 23 points. Pay the balance off, and it goes up 6 points.

This system, that controls how people get loans and the rates of loans etc. are controlling people futures. Yet it is flawed to the point that credit can get hit based on the OP's simple example.

Personally, I avoid debt like the plague. But I do realize how important a credit rating is. And if my credit, or the OP's credit can get skewed by something like this, with minimal recourse...flawed.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 11:27 AM   #42
Tinyheidi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Even if it says it in the terms.....Google some credit forums. Many have really good form letters for different things that members have sent to get things like this lifted and succeeded (it's literally sending courteous letters to different higher ups in that company asking for leniency).

I am shocked that if you have been on time for all payments that they would not do this as a 1-time goodwill gesture. I've had it done for me in the past.
Do you have any in mind? PM me if you can offer some recommendations.
Tinyheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 11:28 AM   #43
Tinyheidi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
can you? that would be interesting.... I had a very similar thing happened. Last payment per agreement they didn't pull then sent it to collections.
Yikes! Luckily I didn't go into collections. Only 30 days late.
Old 11 December 2018, 11:31 AM   #44
Tinyheidi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Agree.

OP - Check your autodraft agreement to make sure this wasn't part of the terms of use. I had a loan on a tractor a few years ago and the autodraft terms specifically said the final payment was manual. I have no idea why, but I knew it was coming when I paid it off.
They overnighted me the contract. I guess I didn't pay attention. I signed it after college graduation. A few years later and they expect me to remember all of that? No notification. Really? They could at least mailed, called or emailed me the final bill.
Old 11 December 2018, 11:31 AM   #45
Jonnyj
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster 2
Wouldn’t be a happy camper!
Jonnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 11:32 AM   #46
Tinyheidi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCU2 View Post
Hope everything works out OP.

If you don't mind me asking, was it a specific make dealership? You should raise hell with corporate and slam them on review sites and social media to get their attention.
Mercedes Benz. My next car is going to be an Audi with no finance. I'm done with this....
Old 11 December 2018, 11:33 AM   #47
Tinyheidi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoshop View Post
1) Check the CFPB web site. You should find guidance and recourse to complain directly to the regulators. https://www.consumerfinance.gov/abou...t-a-complaint/
2) Ask them for all communications sent your way (only one letter?) other letters, emails phone calls etc... And take note of who you talk to (date, names and subject of discussion)
3) and fight it all the way. I think you could hire people who specialize in this type of issue. But there are also scammers who will take your money and won’t do anything

Best of luck
Thank you! I'm going to do my research.
Old 11 December 2018, 11:35 AM   #48
Tinyheidi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprta View Post
Same issue, they returned my final online payment with no explanation, received the letter afterwards to send the payment to a different address, sent the payment via an online check, that was also returned. Called their customer support, after 40 minutes on hold, and told they can only receive direct mail checks...huh!
Sent the check via USPS and later received a late charge.
Finally got resolved with a lot of aggravation. So if you financed your car thru Citizen‘s Auto Loan take notice.
Sounds like a pain! All I had to do was click a button that said manually pay last bill via bank withdrawal. So silly. They couldn't have continued to take the money from my bank?

I think it's a scam to charge people late fees.
Old 11 December 2018, 11:39 AM   #49
Tinyheidi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Try buying your first car after college with no help from mom and dad. Thankfully, i'm now in a very good position compared to a few years back. I'm grateful that loan had a very low interest rate. I'd do things differently now.
Old 11 December 2018, 11:44 AM   #50
Tinyheidi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Sometimes it works better to finance. I make money financing at 0%. Maybe the OP did too. But you didn’t ask any of those questions before you jumped on his back.
1% interest rate or so. Pretty good I'd say.
Old 11 December 2018, 07:26 PM   #51
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Would you give it all up to be healthy ?
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2018, 01:47 AM   #52
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinyheidi View Post
There is nothing wrong with using credit as a tool to improve your lot in life. You need a car to live and work in most US locales, so financing a high value necessity while your cash works elsewhere isn’t a bad idea.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2018, 06:24 AM   #53
ian.thomas
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
I am sure the op appreciated your help and we are all happy that you have no finance on your cars.
Yeah, that was a D move.

You're asking me how a watch works. For now, let’s just keep an eye on the time.
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2018, 06:29 AM   #54
ian.thomas
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Regarding my portfolio, "I'd say strong...to quite strong."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3ba1fe85-30ee-4496-93f5-ea1a4a20c8f4_screenshot.jpg (24.1 KB, 104 views)

You're asking me how a watch works. For now, let’s just keep an eye on the time.
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 12:31 AM   #55
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Seriously? Unreal!!
GoingPlaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 12:45 AM   #56
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinyheidi View Post

Soooo....
What did you do with the lender to correct the situation?
Did they reverse course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 01:20 AM   #57
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Okay, not a scam. Just flawed.

In my specific instance though, I am not sure you know how car dealerships work. Not a chance they are going to facilitate the payoff while I am there.

In fact, when I have traded car over value, I typically have to wait a week or so to get my check from them.

In any case, I actually have a score of well over 800 at this point. But it took me a while. I also now check it weekly and notice how it fluctuates literally if I am holding a balance on my Amex. Holding a balance of $8,000 and it goes down 23 points. Pay the balance off, and it goes up 6 points.

This system, that controls how people get loans and the rates of loans etc. are controlling people futures. Yet it is flawed to the point that credit can get hit based on the OP's simple example.

Personally, I avoid debt like the plague. But I do realize how important a credit rating is. And if my credit, or the OP's credit can get skewed by something like this, with minimal recourse...flawed.
Been buying cars for over 25 years, so I do know very well how the process works. If you know that they are not going to facilitate a payoff while you are there then you should not be doing that kind of transaction. Pay it off yourself and don't depend on anybody else but yourself.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 02:01 AM   #58
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
Been buying cars for over 25 years, so I do know very well how the process works. If you know that they are not going to facilitate a payoff while you are there then you should not be doing that kind of transaction. Pay it off yourself and don't depend on anybody else but yourself.
Well, that’s off topic no?

Doesn’t address the flawed system.

Let alone the fact that the vast majority of people are unable to pay their own car off, and instead roll over the debt or equity from one car into the next.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 01:27 PM   #59
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
How late was your payment? If less than 30 days it shouldn't affect your credit. And if it does it won't be significant.
Wcdhtwn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 01:33 PM   #60
aczaja10
"TRF" Member

Dispute it with the credit report bureaus and then find a good lawyer who knows the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). If you need a referral, PM me and I will ask my close friend. He does this type of legal work in Illinois, but he knows good lawyers all across the country who can help you with this. Best news - any lawyer worth his or her word and he sees merit in the case will take the case on a pure contingency, that means, the lawyer only gets paid if he or she wins. There is a fee shifting statute in the FCRA that will allow your lawyer to recover his or her her fees from the other side.
aczaja10 is offline   Reply With Quote