The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 June 2023, 07:32 PM   #91
kb866
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15416CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettyOne View Post
As entitled as this idiot is, my guess is AP will extend an olive branch. Doing business in Taiwan is a little different than elsewhere. Pissing off the right (or wrong) family hurts business.

I don’t see AP prolonging this drama. This mofo is probly getting the next Green Lantern LE.
You're probably right. I hope you're not though. This is starting to trend in the media here. A larger proportion of the comments floating around in Taiwan are supportive of this spoiled man-baby. It's a cultural thing I guess....
kb866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 07:39 PM   #92
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t see AP prolonging this drama. This mofo is probly getting the next Green Lantern LE.
...after which he will probably tell everyone on Social Media how much he has always loved the Marvel collabs
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 07:57 PM   #93
JettyOne
"TRF" Member

Taiwanese AP Collector got banned and sharing his story

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb866 View Post
You're probably right. I hope you're not though. This is starting to trend in the media here. A larger proportion of the comments floating around in Taiwan are supportive of this spoiled man-baby. It's a cultural thing I guess....

I hope I’m wrong too. Here’s the *really* fuck-up part: from here on, Trinity brands in Taiwan will bend their knees to this mofo, just to avoid a PR nightmare.

I can see Francois say “fuck this guy and his circles”. But I don’t think the incoming CEO wants this drama on her plate, at the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 08:35 PM   #94
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Actually the Titanium PC was always destined to be sold due to how he forms his nickname The RYG man, let’s face it, who wants to be known as The TIT man.

you're on fire Ash!
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 09:47 PM   #95
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As entitled as this idiot is, my guess is AP will extend an olive branch. Doing business in Taiwan is a little different than elsewhere. Pissing off the right (or wrong) family hurts business.

Can’t see this happening. This guy seems like a total nobody… he isn’t even in the “inner circle”
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 10:05 PM   #96
Mini2
"TRF" Member

I just want to know what circle I am in when I cant get anything :)
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 10:09 PM   #97
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

Something this thread is missing: AP has an arrangement with Material Good. AP customers who wish to sell off a piece can go to AP and AP works with them to move the piece, either to a customer directly or onto the Material Good website for resale. There IS an AP-sanctioned way to sell your pieces. At least here in the States. I do not know about other territories.

As someone else already posted, AP is just doing what people have been clamoring for -- punishing those who sell off highly allocated pieces.

There is NO WAY people at AP are going to start diving in and say, "Well he sold it off buy he bought another AP on the gray market so I guess that's OK." It's the selling off that triggers it all.
Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 11:23 PM   #98
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
I just want to know what circle I am in when I cant get anything :)
The moaning one….
Rickkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 12:10 AM   #99
edo
"TRF" Member

And there is insane amount of cuts in this video... can't even imagine how many takes of video were needed until he, his wife, his glam stylist team was satisfied to put in online
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 12:24 AM   #100
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkk View Post
The moaning one….
Old 22 June 2023, 12:27 AM   #101
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

His parents must be so embarrassed. Work had to build an empire, and this is what the next generation does with it.

I would disown my son if he was like this.

Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 12:43 AM   #102
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo View Post
Something this thread is missing: AP has an arrangement with Material Good. AP customers who wish to sell off a piece can go to AP and AP works with them to move the piece, either to a customer directly or onto the Material Good website for resale. There IS an AP-sanctioned way to sell your pieces. At least here in the States. I do not know about other territories.

As someone else already posted, AP is just doing what people have been clamoring for -- punishing those who sell off highly allocated pieces.

There is NO WAY people at AP are going to start diving in and say, "Well he sold it off buy he bought another AP on the gray market so I guess that's OK." It's the selling off that triggers it all.
What? I’ve never heard about this. Do you mean AP has a « «resale » or CPO system in place?
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 01:19 AM   #103
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Actually the Titanium PC was always destined to be sold due to how he forms his nickname The RYG man, let’s face it, who wants to be known as The TIT man.

you are on fire
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 01:26 AM   #104
Longhorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: HULK SMASH
I had heard that he sold them through other contacts (no-source) that he sold them outright, not as he represented in the video that he traded up in the grey market. Either way, he chose to not have a relationship of correspondence to clear the air with the boutique before he sold because he wanted to take advantage of the appreciating value of pieces he did get.

AP reserves the right to take that into consideration whether they want to treat him from a VVIP or not. He's probably demonstrating himself to not be the type of client they want. Too bad, so sad!
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 01:29 AM   #105
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb866 View Post
I hope that threads like this makes it known to AP that getting back in bed with him doesn't make sense. The sentiment of this thread really makes it clear that most think he's the man child.

But I do agree the Austen hall pass conflicts with his earlier 'black list', not his current situation. I don't think Austen would get a hall pass for flipping or 'trading up'
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 02:07 AM   #106
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Ill jump into bed with ap and keep them warm if they like
Old 22 June 2023, 04:02 AM   #107
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I hope I’m wrong too. Here’s the *really* fuck-up part: from here on, Trinity brands in Taiwan will bend their knees to this mofo, just to avoid a PR nightmare.

I can see Francois say “fuck this guy and his circles”. But I don’t think the incoming CEO wants this drama on her plate, at the start.

If the brand bends backwards for this entitled PoS, then it’s over for AP. Watch how every rich spoilt kid out there will be going on social media to guilt trip AP to receive an allocation. Once the precedent has been set, there’s no turning back. Also, if they continue to deal with him, they can toss their anti-flipping stance (often touted by SA) during AP meetings into the trash can. Because everyone will know it’s just lip service.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 04:04 AM   #108
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
If the brand bends backwards for this entitled PoS, then it’s over for AP. Watch how every rich spoilt kid out there will be going on social media to guilt trip AP to receive an allocation. Once the precedent has been set, there’s no turning back. Also, if they continue to deal with him, they can toss their anti-flipping stance (often touted by SA) during AP meetings into the trash can. Because everyone will know it’s just lip service.
Did that one watch society guy who ragged on AP ever get an allocation? Genuinely asking, I didn’t keep up, just remember him complaining after he got a ROO at some special event?
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 04:10 AM   #109
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Did that one watch society guy who ragged on AP ever get an allocation? Genuinely asking, I didn’t keep up, just remember him complaining after he got a ROO at some special event?
I think he got pissed that AP didn’t offer him a 50th and then he sort of sh*t on AP since then. Did not hear about receiving another allocation since. Which is fair and the way it should be. Be like an adult and deal with things professionally. Influencers have this god like mindset when they are denied things and start throwing their toys out of their pram…
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 04:21 AM   #110
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think he got pissed that AP didn’t offer him a 50th and then he sort of sh*t on AP since then. Did not hear about receiving another allocation since. Which is fair and the way it should be. Be like an adult and deal with things professionally. Influencers have this god like mindset when they are denied things and start throwing their toys out of their pram…
Which I find greatly hilarious as one of my wife and I’s channels is approaching 2mil followers and we NEVER mention this to businesses, restaurants, hotels, anything prior to visiting. I think it’s absurd how a lot of these people act, and try to get everything for free/special treatment prior to coming. It also completely falsifies the reviews of said service/product as they’re essentially getting paid to do said review.

And yes 100% agree, this bickering and whining about AP and then getting something is some real entitlement BS. Act like an adult, talk to your SA/boutique, be genuine and it should work out. I feel like 9/10 people who complain about brands (not just AP) fail to include all aspects of the story and/or are just miserable people to be around.
Old 22 June 2023, 04:56 AM   #111
KJBrandal
"TRF" Member

He made a video detailing how he picked up a 43mm offshore in steel closely after release at some watch event where the actual brands had booths and had peices to sell. AP didnt like that he made a video about the process, told him to take it down and he refused. (this was AP as in his boutique in Dubai not HQ)

Quote:
Rolex: 116610LV - 126710BLNR - 116503 - 126655 - 228235
Omega: 2200.50.00
KJBrandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 05:16 AM   #112
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Yup I saw his video about this. Quite biased.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 09:20 AM   #113
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxj86 View Post
Yup I saw his video about this. Quite biased.
I know, quite comical.
But when I think about it, every time these influencers/celebs condemn the brand and burn the bridge out of self entitlement, more allocations for patient low profile folks (like most of us on this forum).
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 09:03 PM   #114
Mr.GL
"TRF" Member

Yea , he should have approached AP or wrote in to HQ and informed them his taste has changed instead of moaning now.

He sounds like self entitled and greedy fellow now. Ordinary folks get banned for selling ordinary timepieces, morever, he is given exclusive pieces . This doesn't apply to only AP. Other popular brands do this as well. This is just the way now . Maybe he should realise he isn't VIP enough. Lol.

I would respect him more if his table has some ROo or 11.59 . " No brand will have power and control over me or what I do with my watches," then sell all those watches and donate the extra gains to charity. He is so damn pissed and still can ask the audience should I sell all my APs. Lol

Hopefully, other brands will see this and stay away from him.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
Mr.GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2023, 12:41 AM   #115
GW44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
What? I’ve never heard about this. Do you mean AP has a « «resale » or CPO system in place?

Not in place yet but rumoured for later this year but still no confirmed details that are openly known for any territory in the world.

Like the Rolex CPO model I just don't see it making any real difference to the market at all (and my own view is that it sends out a negative image for the brand in question i.e. "No, we can't supply you with a new XYZABC for £19,500 but we are happy to sell you a used one for £28,500 which is, of course the market price")..........so let's see.
Old 23 June 2023, 12:47 AM   #116
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
Not in place yet but rumoured for later this year but still no confirmed details that are openly known for any territory in the world.

Like the Rolex CPO model I just don't see it making any real difference to the market at all (and my own view is that it sends out a negative image for the brand in question i.e. "No, we can't supply you with a new XYZABC for £19,500 but we are happy to sell you a used one for £28,500 which is, of course the market price")..........so let's see.
a potential perk I see of programs such as this, is a route for guys who purchase a watch and after say, 6 months, realize they just aren’t vibing with it whatsoever like they hoped and dreamed. They could then possibly sell/trade in watch to a place like this and it keeps everything legit for AP’s side? As you’re not trying to just flip somewhere for exorbitant profit, you’re going back to the source and letting them know it’s not working.

perhaps?
Old 23 June 2023, 03:07 AM   #117
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
a potential perk I see of programs such as this, is a route for guys who purchase a watch and after say, 6 months, realize they just aren’t vibing with it whatsoever like they hoped and dreamed. They could then possibly sell/trade in watch to a place like this and it keeps everything legit for AP’s side? As you’re not trying to just flip somewhere for exorbitant profit, you’re going back to the source and letting them know it’s not working.

perhaps?

Possibly but Rolex took that out of play by stating that their CPO program is for watches a minimum of 3 years old……so if AP duplicated that it’s not the safe/managed exit that you were right to mention! (unfortunately so!)
Old 23 June 2023, 03:41 AM   #118
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Possibly but Rolex took that out of play by stating that their CPO program is for watches a minimum of 3 years old……so if AP duplicated that it’s not the safe/managed exit that you were right to mention! (unfortunately so!)
Yeah that’s true, would completely rule out my example.

I guess we’ll find out soon! I truly could see AP being a front runner to start implementing a ‘trade in’ type system, like a car dealer. Keep your relationships intact, obviously strengthen your credibility with the brand as you’re just adding money on top and staying in AP family, they can sell onward for profit, seems like a win win for everyone. As I also know a natural progression for some is to move from SS to PM, so perhaps a way for them to do that too.
Old 23 June 2023, 03:42 AM   #119
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
This is what I've been informed. It's not CPO and it's a collaboration with Material Good (the precise nature of the relationship is not known to me).
Old 23 June 2023, 03:46 AM   #120
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
While we don't know all the details it clearly is not AP "duplicating" the Rolex CPO program.

And yes it provides an "exit ramp" for a piece you acquired new w/out putting you onto the black list.

A "you can never sell this watch" program obviously cannot work for long, so manufactures are exploring ways to deal with this and at the same time profit a bit when resale prices exceed list prices at the boutique.