The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 July 2019, 07:12 AM   #1
MauiRolex
"TRF" Member

New here, finally began my collection.

Been researching, visiting ADs in different states while traveling, checking out second hand / vintage shops and finally decided to take the leap. Went to my local AD today to browse, they had a few TTs in stock that I wasn't honestly expecting. The iconic Blue TT Submariner was on my short list, but the YM 40 TT Everose / Oyster Steel was unexpected. Decided they made a nice pair and entry into collecting. Appreciate all the great contributors to these boards. Looking forward to adding a few more interesting pieces in the years ahead.

IMG_6934.jpeg

IMG_6936.jpeg

IMG_6941 SM.jpg

IMG_6945 SM.jpg
MauiRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 01:53 AM   #2
Gtp231
Banned

great way to begin your journey!
My only concern, and probably not-founded, is that when you get two awesome pieces at the same time, you don't get to have that honeymoon on the one; you switch off and wear both. Great buying though and now you can be considered to be a good customer from the AD and be on the list to buy the not-as-tough to get sports models in the near future haha
Gtp231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 02:10 AM   #3
BisonHead
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,SD,DJ,OP
Wow what a start to the addiction. Well done you. Two lovely watches you have there. Wear them well and enjoy.
BisonHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 08:46 AM   #4
MauiRolex
"TRF" Member

I had he same concern when I bought them together. But I was so pleasantly surprised to see them there in the case at the AD; I immediately knew I was taking home the sub. But the TT YM looked so good in an understated kind of way I couldn’t leave it and then later wonder how long it would ever be before another made it in. I didn’t want to chase it or regret not bringing it home; it actually complements what I wear most days really well. I’m committed to wearing my collection and am excited to have a couple options out of the gate. I really did want to begin building a relationship with my local dealer too. And there are a few steel pieces I’d buy right away if they came in (explorers for example). So at least I hope to be on track for that. Honestly the whole supply / demand thing at the ADs is really something Rolex will need to get a handle on soon. All of these hard to get current production watches are available, just not at the dealers for MSRP. If the ADs are to remain the primary source of current models, something will have to change. I almost just gave up on chasing authorized sales and went straight to grey. But I’m happy I was able to find a couple of pieces to help me work my way in to the authorized sales side. Not saying I won’t add some prior year models form the aftermarket too. But nice to have relationships both ways.
MauiRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 05:52 PM   #5
yoniman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116613LB
Awesome.
Welcome to the Bluesy Club.

Cheers
yoniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2019, 06:50 AM   #6
hallwilmad
Banned

Watch: rolex
perfect choice.I like the blue rim color
hallwilmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 11:25 PM   #7
Flybak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
Welcome and beautiful pieces! Congrats and wear them in the best of health!
Flybak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2019, 05:29 AM   #8
mrN
"TRF" Member

Great start! Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrN is offline   Reply With Quote