The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 September 2019, 12:06 AM   #1
Toutoune
"TRF" Member

Buying an OEM nato strap

Hello everyone,

Simple question: what are you supposed to get when you buy a nato strap from Omega boutique or reseller?

I think I saw one day on the forum that you would get a fancy little red pouch with additional pins but when I called my AD today he told we it was strap only nothing more.

Thanks in advance

T
Toutoune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 01:00 AM   #2
Bushido
"TRF" Member

I believe the red Omega travel case with strap changing tool and extra spring bars only come with the NATO if you purchase it through Omega's online shop.
Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 01:11 AM   #3
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toutoune View Post
Hello everyone,

Simple question: what are you supposed to get when you buy a nato strap from Omega boutique or reseller?

I think I saw one day on the forum that you would get a fancy little red pouch with additional pins but when I called my AD today he told we it was strap only nothing more.

Thanks in advance

T

I believe you get an over priced nato signed by Omega, but I can't be completely sure about that lol
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 01:30 AM   #4
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
I got pins and the red pouch from the boutique. Per the above, pricey yes - overpriced? I dont think so.They are the best NATO’s around for me. I’ve spent loads on others but these polymalide ones are fantastic.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 02:20 AM   #5
Toutoune
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
I believe the red Omega travel case with strap changing tool and extra spring bars only come with the NATO if you purchase it through Omega's online shop.
Ok cool thanks for the insight!
Toutoune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 08:44 AM   #6
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
I got pins and the red pouch from the boutique. Per the above, pricey yes - overpriced? I dont think so.They are the best NATO’s around for me. I’ve spent loads on others but these polymalide ones are fantastic.

I have an Omega OEM strap. Phenome make their NATO's EXACTLY the same. In fact they were so exactly the same that they changed the shape slightly of the tang. So for the word OMEGA and the logo on the tang, you pay a rediculous amount more.

However I will be keeping my rediculously overpriced Omega Nato

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 02:46 PM   #7
Journeyforce
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116000
I just got the "pricey" Omega NATO for my Seamaster AT 38.5

I figured for $160 plus tax that it was something I could try and see what it was about.

I first called the closest Boutique to me and asked and they said it was strap only and that the strap tool kit was a online only thing. I then called my Omega AD (where i got my Seamaster) and they said the same thing.

I ordered the strap from Omega online and i got the strap with 2 day shipping and it came with the strap tool kit which comes in a red Omega case and includes a nice Omega branded spring bar removing tool, a small Omega branded suede pad to lay your watch on when changing the strap. It also comes with a couple of sets of spring bars

The red case can be used to take a couple of watches on travel. What was pretty nice was that the red case came in a nice Omega branded white box.

Did I pay too much for a NATO strap? (considering that I could get a nice Maratac for under $30) Yes I did. Does it bother me? Nope, would I buy it again? Yes i would

The extra stuff that came with the strap when buying it from Omega online, made the strap seem cheaper priced to me (even though it is not). It comes with 4 springbars (I wanted Omega ones because the tips match the lug holes perfectly so no clicking) and Omega sells the spring bars for $4 each, so If I bought those spring bars from Omega online directly it would cost $16 for the bars + $10 shipping + taxes (which is about $28 total). The strap tool by itself is $15 plus tax (i would get the tool and the spring bars at the same time so no extra shipping)

Those items alone are about $43 shipped.
Journeyforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 05:08 PM   #8
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
I have an Omega OEM strap. Phenome make their NATO's EXACTLY the same. In fact they were so exactly the same that they changed the shape slightly of the tang. So for the word OMEGA and the logo on the tang, you pay a rediculous amount more.

However I will be keeping my rediculously overpriced Omega Nato

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I might order one and see. All I know is I’ve bought PREMIUM NATO’s from other well known makers and they have been ok to wear, but poor in quality comparison. No contest to the omega ones.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 06:08 PM   #9
halfmacgas
"TRF" Member

I wear my watches on natos almost always, and I think omega makes the best ones. I feel like it's worth the price difference if you use it often, so I'll usually buy an omega nato for each watch that I think is a keeper.

When I purchased one from an AD I got just a strap, when I bought online I got the fancy travel case with extra spring bars

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
halfmacgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 06:09 PM   #10
halfmacgas
"TRF" Member

The online price also appears to include two day shipping but I think you have to sign for the box. Agree that phenomenato is the closest I've seen in terms of the omega polyamide 'seat belt' variety of straps

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
halfmacgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 10:57 PM   #11
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

I have around 10 nato straps that I swap between my Omegas and Rolex, and hands down the Omega branded nato that came with my Speedy Pro is the best of the bunch. That said, now that I've had my Erika's Original MN straps for a few weeks, I doubt those nato straps will see much more use. Perfect fit every time, low profile, and no excess hardware and strap material.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote