The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 February 2019, 12:47 AM   #1
greeneyedguy
Banned

Interesting theory on Omega's website.

Hello. Before securing a Blue Seamaster on rubber at my local AD, I looked at it several times on Omega's website. It is a well known fact that you can order directly from Omega's site for several models. Well sometime during checking this specific watch out online it said no longer available contact an authorized boutique for availability. Could this be some built in website design to freak me out into purchasing the watch because it saw me clicking on this specific model, because it worked. Or, is the watch on rubber just not being offered anymore from Omega in that specific configuration? Has anyone else had an experience like this from online retailers??
greeneyedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 01:11 AM   #2
WJGESQ
Banned

I could not find the Orange PO any longer.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 02:22 AM   #3
Burdeens Jewelry
"TRF" Member

Availability for these pieces have definitely been limited the last few months as they have started arriving to ADs. My guess would be that they have to fulfill their AD deliveries in a timely manner and that is why they ask you to contact a boutique as they may be holding very little stock for their own website, or evening shipping their inventory to ADs as part of their order.
Burdeens Jewelry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 02:35 AM   #4
phdezra
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedguy View Post
Hello. Before securing a Blue Seamaster on rubber at my local AD, I looked at it several times on Omega's website. It is a well known fact that you can order directly from Omega's site for several models. Well sometime during checking this specific watch out online it said no longer available contact an authorized boutique for availability. Could this be some built in website design to freak me out into purchasing the watch because it saw me clicking on this specific model, because it worked. Or, is the watch on rubber just not being offered anymore from Omega in that specific configuration? Has anyone else had an experience like this from online retailers??

Some websites and various ad-following services have this kind of technology to freak you out, as you write, but I don't believe that is the goal of Omega nor are they using. Could be though, just doubtful here.
phdezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 07:59 AM   #5
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Omega isn't Rolex doing artificial scarcity. Like others above have mentioned, it's more likely that they're just filling in AD orders first.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 10:25 AM   #6
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Omega isn't Rolex doing artificial scarcity. Like others above have mentioned, it's more likely that they're just filling in AD orders first.

How is “Rolex doing artificial scarcity”? There is no indication that they have decreased the number of watches they are producing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 10:58 AM   #7
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
How is “Rolex doing artificial scarcity”? There is no indication that they have decreased the number of watches they are producing.

Not producing the watches people actually want to buy while churning out crap tons of DJ's and DD's. If Omega has demand for the new Seamaster, they're going to make it to sell you. You won't have to wait 6 months to a year for watch (excluding LE pieces). You can get it within a month easily.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 11:11 AM   #8
greeneyedguy
Banned

Either way I'm glad I threw a g down on it when I did because the watch is soooo good looking. It may be sacrilege but I turned down the offer to buy a blnr and then a hulk, then bought a seamaster! Saving my rolex buy for a Daytona.
greeneyedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 11:39 AM   #9
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Either way I'm glad I threw a g down on it when I did because the watch is soooo good looking. It may be sacrilege but I turned down the offer to buy a blnr and then a hulk, then bought a seamaster! Saving my rolex buy for a Daytona.

Go speedmaster and you'll be far ahead. Daytona is a watch of limited historical significance by comparison.
Old 19 February 2019, 11:40 AM   #10
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Not producing the watches people actually want to buy while churning out crap tons of DJ's and DD's. If Omega has demand for the new Seamaster, they're going to make it to sell you. You won't have to wait 6 months to a year for watch (excluding LE pieces). You can get it within a month easily.
Omegas have more cool factor--have for years.
Old 19 February 2019, 01:07 PM   #11
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Yep, Rolex has it all wrong

JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote