The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 10 December 2018, 01:12 PM   #1
emkwan
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116710 BLNR
Deleted post.

I’ve had a recent post deleted without any explanation or warning.

Recent post was RE: to meeting a certain celebrity in the watch community on social media. There were no rules broken in that. Can the individual from support whose removed the post kindly message me to explain what terms of the community forum I had broken?!
Old 10 December 2018, 01:18 PM   #2
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
We've had an increasing number of posts here recently that are promoting commercial social media with links to commercial instagram/Youtube content. Yours was obviously judged to be one of these, and so removed.
Old 10 December 2018, 01:26 PM   #3
emkwan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
We've had an increasing number of posts here recently that are promoting commercial social media with links to commercial instagram/Youtube content. Yours was obviously judged to be one of these, and so removed.
That post had no link whatsoever. It had an image and was clearly a post watch related. How is that against the terms of use?
Old 10 December 2018, 01:35 PM   #4
Old Expat Beast

The post said: "To see highlights of the event on my Instagram stories check out the account @emkwan." , which is as good as a link. It was directing traffic to your Instagram.

Yesterday another moderator removed one of your threads for driving traffic to your Youtube channel.
Old 10 December 2018, 02:38 PM   #5
emkwan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
The post said: "To see highlights of the event on my Instagram stories check out the account @emkwan." , which is as good as a link. It was directing traffic to your Instagram.

Yesterday another moderator removed one of your threads for driving traffic to your Youtube channel.
So no more mention of any social media accounts and YouTube videos on watch related content?! Guess I’ll flag up others breaking this ‘rule’ or are you targeting me specifically?!
Old 10 December 2018, 02:54 PM   #6
sleddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkwan View Post
So no more mention of any social media accounts and YouTube videos on watch related content?! Guess I’ll flag up others breaking this ‘rule’ or are you targeting me specifically?!
It certainly makes a difference if it is an intent to self promote, or a genuine internet find of interest, that can be appreciated without an egenda.

If you find that type of promotional posting, then by all means, please report.

No, you are not being targeted...

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Old 10 December 2018, 03:03 PM   #7
emkwan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
It certainly makes a difference if it is an intent to self promote, or a genuine internet find of interest, that can be appreciated without an egenda.

If you find that type of promotional posting, then by all means, please report.

No, you are not being targeted...
I only ever post responsibly and facilitate to constructive discussions. A look back at my posts would show this. I’ve always enjoyed the community vibe here on TRF as opposed to many other sites because of the support and encouragement of the majority of its members. Through this site, ive met in person a number of forum members also. However, it would have been helpful to have been advised in private of any concerns. Makes me honestly feel like I can’t contriubute or share.

Thank you anyway.
Old 10 December 2018, 03:22 PM   #8
Old Expat Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkwan View Post
I only ever post responsibly and facilitate to constructive discussions. A look back at my posts would show this. I’ve always enjoyed the community vibe here on TRF as opposed to many other sites because of the support and encouragement of the majority of its members. Through this site, ive met in person a number of forum members also. However, it would have been helpful to have been advised in private of any concerns. Makes me honestly feel like I can’t contriubute or share.

Thank you anyway.
Here are four of your last six threads, all linking to your Youtube channel, with the same style and format. If it's not self promotion, it sure looks like it. This thread is now closed. How you move on is up to you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1.jpeg (36.9 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpeg 2.jpeg (39.4 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpeg 3.jpeg (48.7 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpeg 4.jpeg (76.0 KB, 112 views)