The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 August 2019, 12:17 PM   #31
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

saw one in person today and i definitely don't think it wears larger than 37 like i thought. also the bracelet taper was a bit surprising. i read that its a pretty heavy taper but yeah the bracelet becomes surprisingly skinny
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2019, 07:31 PM   #32
Mike Jab
Banned

The 15450 is a female's watch (and marketed as such). I would stay away if you are buying for yourself.
Mike Jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2019, 10:53 PM   #33
ud101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsguy View Post
I have a 15450, 14060 (pre-ceramic submariner) and a 116610ln (ceramic submariner date). I can take more photos tomorrow, but for now, you can see how they all compare here. To me, the 15450 and 14060 fit the same

You have a unique collection of watches right there.
ud101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2019, 12:02 AM   #34
Muxi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdtime View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I mis-counted. Mine is the same number of links. I probably need one more.

I may be in the minority but I like the size of my 15450 on my 6.7” (17 cm) wrist. And so far the movement is holding up pretty well. But then again, I prefer smaller watches. 40mm is pretty much my limit. This watch is my new daily now, coming from SS Daytona.

The Ap is very easy to regulate. Crown side up it gains 2 seconds overnight. Crown side down it loses 2 seconds overnight. Dial side up and it is spot on, but if I wear it 4 days straight it will run a bit fast (plus 2 seconds a day).
Muxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2019, 12:24 AM   #35
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

My 15450&15400. Again,try before you buy a RO. These are not subs/gmts that work on most wrists. Happy with my 15400 do. Its bit big allright but shouldnt be ok for '7+ wrists. Wears a bit like an exp2 42mm imo.

Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2019, 01:12 AM   #36
duc888
"TRF" Member

As said before....try it on your wrist and make your decision. It doesn´t matter if its marked as a female´s watch it all comes down to personal preferences.
And these may change when years go by. I started with 47mm Panerais and now the 15400 seems to be too large for me and I have a 19cm wrist
Nowadays I prefer the Sub/Daytona size....so get what you like
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2019, 05:23 AM   #37
Beckster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
I've recently fallen in love with this reference and have spoken to a friend who has it as well. His advice was definitely Not to get it. According to him the movement has a lot of issues and it spends a lot of time at the service centre. He says he even has some friends with the same issues. I'm just wondering if this sentiment is shared by the owners of the 15450 here?

Old 10 August 2019, 06:09 AM   #38
Commonproject
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckster View Post
I've recently fallen in love with this reference and have spoken to a friend who has it as well. His advice was definitely Not to get it. According to him the movement has a lot of issues and it spends a lot of time at the service centre. He says he even has some friends with the same issues. I'm just wondering if this sentiment is shared by the owners of the 15450 here?

Isn't the movement the same as the 15400?
Commonproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2019, 06:20 AM   #39
holdtime
Banned

Yes Cal 3120
holdtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2019, 10:13 PM   #40
Horolojust
"TRF" Member

I did the review here to show how it wears on my 6.5" wrist and compared it with 15400 as well. Here's the link if it may help:
https://youtu.be/utl3KadIcgQ
Horolojust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2019, 01:00 AM   #41
Commonproject
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horolojust View Post
I did the review here to show how it wears on my 6.5" wrist and compared it with 15400 as well. Here's the link if it may help:
Honestly I thought it looked sorta okay until you showed the 15400, which looked much better.
Old 14 August 2019, 04:02 AM   #42
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horolojust View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonproject View Post
Honestly I thought it looked sorta okay until you showed the 15400, which looked much better.
Agree with this. The bracelet especially looks far better on the 15400.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2019, 05:49 AM   #43
johisco
"TRF" Member

The 15450 is a peculiar, yet awesome watch.

I was going to buy the 15400 but I realized it looked too big on me. I have smaller wrists, just over 17cm. I tried the 15450 instead which at first felt too small but then it grew on me and I thought it looked a lot better so I ordered one.

Now the funny part... I had to wait for the 15450 and when it arrived and I tried it on, the first reaction was it felt too small! But after I had it on for a while, again same thing happened and it felt awesome. So I bought it and now it is the only watch I want to wear and my 8 other watches get no wrist time... The other ones are Rolex Subs, Daytona, YM, Explorer and Omegas incl. a Speedmaster.

Bear in mind, I think some of the pictures with the 15400 on smaller wrists looks too big and just out of proportions so I guess it is also just down to personal taste.

Someone wrote earlier that it is kind of a funny watch and I agree that you cannot judge it on pictures. It looks bigger in pictures than on your wrist, - for sure. But after a while on the wrists it looks bigger again and absolutely perfect, - at least for me! ;)

The 15450 has me looking at it all the time because I´m just so impressed by the watch. The only problem I have with the watch is that it get´s embarrassing when I found myself admiring it on my wrist in public...
johisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2019, 10:01 AM   #44
YYZed
"TRF" Member

Considering the 15450 with interest, especially after being told by a Rolex AD that he has a Sub with my name on it for the last 8 months. P.S. no Sub despite visits and phone calls... Anyone have the contact information for the Rolex CEO? I kid. In any case, what's the likelihood of actually seeing a stainless 15450 (in any color dial) at the Beverly Hills AD? I'd rather not drive all the way up to BH to be treated poorly by the employees to not get a chance to actually try a 15450. I called them asking about a stainless RO back in January and was told that only customers spending in excess of $100k would be able to reserve a stainless RO.
YYZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2019, 10:24 AM   #45
Commonproject
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZed View Post
Considering the 15450 with interest, especially after being told by a Rolex AD that he has a Sub with my name on it for the last 8 months. P.S. no Sub despite visits and phone calls... Anyone have the contact information for the Rolex CEO? I kid. In any case, what's the likelihood of actually seeing a stainless 15450 (in any color dial) at the Beverly Hills AD? I'd rather not drive all the way up to BH to be treated poorly by the employees to not get a chance to actually try a 15450. I called them asking about a stainless RO back in January and was told that only customers spending in excess of $100k would be able to reserve a stainless RO.
The Beverly Hills AP Boutique you mean? They'll probably have one with diamonds around it but not a stainless steel one. That boutique is a sad site, they have basically nothing in the store.
Old 14 August 2019, 02:28 PM   #46
YYZed
"TRF" Member

Yikes. Condescending and no stock? How about Westime either in Beverly Hills or San Diego?
YYZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2019, 03:31 PM   #47
YoureTerrific
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOREL View Post
Hi guys

Has anybody a size comparison between a an AP 15450 and for example a Rolex Submariner or GMT etc.

thx

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...5&postcount=83
Old 18 August 2019, 09:13 AM   #48
Horolojust
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Agree with this. The bracelet especially looks far better on the 15400.

Yes, bracelet on both lugs area and clasp looks far better and manly on 15400. It’s fine on 15450 but really a little too small to change the whole experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonproject View Post

I know what you mean but even when they aren’t side by side, you notice the difference when you’ve tried them on. 15400 is a much better watch for me personally - coming from someone with smaller wrists. If you prefer smaller watches like 36mm DJs etc, then yeah 15450 would be a better fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Horolojust is offline   Reply With Quote